Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Zimmerman not guilty.

Dandyman

In London village.
It's not likely a man who killed someone would lie about it? It's not likely a man would get into a fight? It's not likely a man would start a fight with someone and then start losing? It's not likely that a man taking his own prejudices into this fight might think it more justifiable to use a gun than others might? It's not likely that racism may still exist in America? It's not likely that a man who will ignore safety advice to follow trayvon might confront him, that in confronting him trayvon defended himself, and that Zimmerman realised he was losing the fight so shot trayvon, a fight that he might well have started, possibly even threatening trayvon with the gun initially, leading to trayvon using more force? It's not likely that the witness only caught a bit of the fight, in the dark and rain?

No one is making ridiculous claims about how Zimmerman got his injuries, but we are pointing out he had no reason, and was advised against, approaching trayvon, but he chose to ignore that advice. We are pointing out he did so while knowing he had a gun. We are pointing out trayvon had done nothing except walk home up to this point. That the whole situation would have been avoided if he did as he was told/advised/recommended/however you want to put it, by the police dispatcher. The event arose because of zimmerman's actions. We are pointing out that Zimmerman shot and killed trayvon. That the circumstances surround this killing came about because of zimmerman's decision to ignore police advice.

This.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Do you have any proof of that ?

As I have said probably 5 times this thread, all the evidence corroborates this story. The burden of proof does not lie with the defence. They only have to create doubt in the minds of the jurors. It was the job of the prosecution to convince the jury beyond reasonable doubt that George Zimmerman did not act in self defence, and they did not provide enough evidence to do this.

This is basic law, and I'm fairly shocked at your implication that anyone who points out these basic legal facts is a racist.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I think I should repeat what I said earlier in the thread, my problem is not with the jury, my problem is with Florida Law and those who write and uphold it. The fact this was the biggest trial for years in Florida but their equivalent of a 'chief prosecutor' did not run the case speaks volumes.
In effect Zimmerman had both sides on his side! Truth is if they had got their way the prosecution would not have even charged him with any crime.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As I have said probably 5 times this thread, all the evidence corroborates this story. The burden of proof does not lie with the defence. They only have to create doubt in the minds of the jurors. It was the job of the prosecution to convince the jury beyond reasonable doubt that George Zimmerman did not act in self defence, and they did not provide enough evidence to do this.

This is basic law, and I'm fairly shocked at your implication that anyone who points out these basic legal facts is a racist.

Maybe the law in this case has failed.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Its the law to defend themselves in anyway, its their stupid laws that allow them to use weapons on this.

This has been blown up massively as to what it actually is. If this was a black guy shooting a white kid in America then no one would care.

True enough. A black kid shot a white baby in a stroller dead(shot the child in the face in front of his mother) in Georgia and who really knows about that?

"A boy approached me and told me he wanted my money, and I told him I didn't have any money. And he said, 'Give me your money or I'm going to kill you and I'm going to shoot your baby and kill your baby,' and I said, 'I don't have any money,' and 'Don't kill my baby.'"
The boy tried to grab her purse and opened fire when she said tried to tell him she had no money, West said, with the shot grazing her head. She said the boy then shot her in the leg.
West continued, "And then, all of a sudden, he walked over and he shot my baby in the face."
West said she tried to perform CPR on her son and that the police took over when they arrived, but to no avail. "We lost him," she said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us/georgia-baby-killed

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
True enough. A black kid shot a white baby in a stroller dead(shot the child in the face in front of his mother) in Georgia and who really knows about that?

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us/georgia-baby-killed

Found this in the comments section of the other link you posted.

You won't recognize me, My name was Antonio West and I was the 13-month old child who was shot at point blank range by two teens who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot. A Grand Jury of my Mommy's peers from Brunswick, GA., determined the teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty. Too bad I was given a death sentence for being innocent and defenseless.

My family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder was not ruled a Hate Crime. Nor did President Obama take so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder.

I am one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the media doesn't care to cover the story of my tragic demise, President Obama has no children who could possibly look like me, so he doesn't care and the media doesn't care because my story is not interesting enough to bring them ratings so they can sell commercial time slots.

There is not a white equivalent of Al Sharpton Or Jesse Jackson, because if there was, he would be declared racist. So there is no one rushing to Brunswick GA to demand justice for me. There is no White Panther party to put a bounty on the lives of those who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation, and unlike those who shot me in the face, while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.

So while you are seeking justice for Treyvon, please remember to seek justice for me too. Tell your friends about me, tell you families, get tee shirts with my face on them and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Treyvon.

Thank you,

Antonio West

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Interesting commment in the comment section of that post.

As a "black man" I wish other black people would wake up! So many of us are so quick to pull the "race card" when it is irrelevant to the situation. Stop blaming the "white man" for everything. Yes there are still racist white people out there, but other white people hate them for being racist just as much as we do! GZ was aquitted because there was no evidence that supported manslaughter, and especially not murder 2. Do I think that Martin deserved to die? No, of course not. But GZ held the right to shoot him. Do I think that GZ was foolish for "stalking" Martin in the first place? Yes. If he would have waited for the cops to arrive instead of playing the wanna-be-cop role that he is apparantly known for, then this whole Circus of a situation could have been avoided....

In closing, wake up Black people! Read the facts and educate yourselves before you off to start riots and other forms of foolishness.... you're making the rest of us look bad -_-

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

As a "black man" I wish other black people would wake up! So many of us are so quick to pull the "race card" when it is irrelevant to the situation. Stop blaming the "white man" for everything. Yes there are still racist white people out there, but other white people hate them for being racist just as much as we do! GZ was aquitted because there was no evidence that supported manslaughter, and especially not murder 2. Do I think that Martin deserved to die? No, of course not. But GZ held the right to shoot him. Do I think that GZ was foolish for "stalking" Martin in the first place? Yes. If he would have waited for the cops to arrive instead of playing the wanna-be-cop role that he is apparantly known for, then this whole Circus of a situation could have been avoided....

In closing, wake up Black people! Read the facts and educate yourselves before you off to start riots and other forms of foolishness.... you're making the rest of us look bad -_-

Might be this bloke...

Or this one

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

The apologists for Zimmerman have done a reasonable (if somewhat pointless job) trying to narrow the debate down to the decision of the jury - obviously that has not what has sparked the outrage, but the collective failure of the criminal justice system in Florida to punish in any way whatsoever someone who stalked and then shot a bullet hole in a young man who was minding his own business before being confronted by his killer.

Dandyman

In London village.

So no proof at all, just an accusation against an unarmed dead teenager. I did not accuse you of being a racist btw.

Dandyman

In London village.

"GZ had the right to shoot him" ? One of the many reasons I am glad we have not yet quite been fully Americanised.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
"GZ had the right to shoot him" ? One of the many reasons I am glad we have not yet quite been fully Americanised.

I watch 'Waiting for Superman' last night and I can't help but feel that it and this are more proof that the USA is in serious trouble........The place just seems to be ****ed up and getting worse not better.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here