Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Osbourne Causes outrage at parking in disabled bay

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If he was a financial wizzkid who had showed himself to be totally competent at being a chancellor then it wouldn't matter where he parked or what carriage of the train he sat in, but when you have a Bullingdon boy who has shown himself to be totally out of his depth at what he is doing but arrogantly suggests it's his way or nothing then things like this count.

I totally agree. If I was walking the tightrope of public opinion I'd be making sure that I was as squeaky clean as I could be. Linking the murder of children with the benefits system and parking in disabled bays would certainly be off limits. I do not think he it totally stupid, so I can only presume it is arrogance. Nasty arrogance at that. As much as I hate Thatcher there was a certain honesty about her. Osborne is a slimy, snidy arrogant weazel.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If he was a financial wizzkid who had showed himself to be totally competent at being a chancellor then it wouldn't matter where he parked or what carriage of the train he sat in, but when you have a Bullingdon boy who has shown himself to be totally out of his depth at what he is doing but arrogantly suggests it's his way or nothing then things like this count.
Spot on

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I totally agree. If I was walking the tightrope of public opinion I'd be making sure that I was as squeaky clean as I could be. Linking the murder of children with the benefits system and parking in disabled bays would certainly be off limits. I do not think he it totally stupid, so I can only presume it is arrogance. Nasty arrogance at that. As much as I hate Thatcher there was a certain honesty about her. Osborne is a slimy, snidy arrogant weazel.

I was quite shocked that Gideon would eat in a place like McDonalds and am quite shocked he didn't send his driver or bodyguard to get his happy meal for him. I just hope he didn't forget to claim it back on expenses

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
No defence, and neither did he offer one. Knew he was in the wrong, took his punishment, did his course, all done. Nothing to see here, as they say.

Speed kills.

Your driver parking in a disabled bay while you get lunch, doesn't.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Guess that's where Britain is these days, we have people murdering their own children, a society that seems to be in terminal decline, a system run by bankers being rewarded by failure, huge problems with paedophilia and general sex crimes, massive housing shortage, a broken welfare state, drug and associated crime issues, serious organised crime, poor literacy, increases in children living in poverty and the popular print picks on a car driven by a copper picking up a Minister who is a prime target and a massive security risk, who could have moved should the need have arisen.

Oh and Katie Price has probably got married, pregnant or new tits, FFS

I think we can safely say that Osborne, balls and hune are all as bad as one another. They are all a bunch of hopeless imbeciles!

The welfare system needs reducing, the country needs a complete political revolution. Before our dear queen abdicates she should march her home guard across the road and dissolve parliament. These crooks over the last 30 years have crippled our nation and we need her to dispose of them in any way possible! We can then start again!!!!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If you say so.

Personally I'd be more worried about politicians hurtling around over the speed limit that ones who weren't concentrating where their driver parked. Each to their own though.

I think it's that Osborne keeps on demonstrating just how much contempt he holds the average person in. Speeding doesn't demonstrate the same contempt, if anything it allies himself with the average person. But as HT states, yo have a very weak argument here.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I think it's that Osborne keeps on demonstrating just how much contempt he holds the average person in. Speeding doesn't demonstrate the same contempt, if anything it allies himself with the average person. But as HT states, yo have a very weak argument here.

Speeding puts people's lives in danger. It was 50 mph for a reason. I find his jokey "too far too fast" comments pretty disgusting considering the seriousness of what he did, but as I say, each to their own.

Let me be clear - I have no time for Osborne's comments this week. Even as a right leaning thinker I think most of what has come out this week is pretty abhorrent. This story about him parking in a disable bay however, is utter nonsense when comparing something far more sinister like speeding. Or Chucka Ummuna's comments about Londoners. Or John Prescott's failure to live by his own principles and step down as a columnist at the Mirror.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Speeding puts people's lives in danger. It was 50 mph for a reason. I find his jokey "too far too fast" comments pretty disgusting considering the seriousness of what he did, but as I say, each to their own.

Let me be clear - I have no time for Osborne's comments this week. Even as a right leaning thinker I think most of what has come out this week is pretty abhorrent. This story about him parking in a disable bay however, is utter nonsense when comparing something far more sinister like speeding. Or Chucka Ummuna's comments about Londoners. Or John Prescott's failure to live by his own principles and step down as a columnist at the Mirror.

Stuff and nonsense.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Stuff and nonsense.

Only because it's a Labour politician caught BREAKING THE LAW. Strangely parking in a "disabled" parking spot on private land is not breaking the law. Osbourne is an idiot but for people to castigate him for parking in a parking spot which has no legal authority ( and it wasn't him that was driving ) and then dismissing Balls breaking the law as something minor shows that people have a political agenda rather than any moral argument.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you say so.

Personally I'd be more worried about politicians hurtling around over the speed limit that ones who weren't concentrating where their driver parked. Each to their own though.

Whatever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here