Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Osbourne Causes outrage at parking in disabled bay

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Under his command? Do you think he controls the driver's ever thought, like some weird sci-fi? He got dropped off somewhere - he doesn't then bark orders at the driver, he just walks away. When he comes back he's got no control over where the driver has chosen to stop to pick him up.
You wouldn't do what - get out of the car?

In the words of the great wordsmith [MENTION=19889]Waino696969[/MENTION] - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In the words of the great wordsmith [MENTION=19889]Waino696969[/MENTION] - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
That pretty much covers this whole story

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
The Tory apologists can go into the minutae of it til the end of time. There is no getting around the fact that George Osborne's car was sat in a disabled spot. There is simply no two ways about it, have them both taken out and hanged in the morning please.

And John Prescott once blocked a disabled bay in his haste to get into a Chinese restaurant, and he WAS driving the car. What political point should anyone have tried to make out of that?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And John Prescott once blocked a disabled bay in his haste to get into a Chinese restaurant, and he WAS driving the car. What political point should anyone have tried to make out of that?
Although it was a restaurant, John was brokering a deal with the Chinese that provided 20,000 British jobs.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Under his command? Do you think he controls the driver's ever thought, like some weird sci-fi? He got dropped off somewhere - he doesn't then bark orders at the driver, he just walks away. When he comes back he's got no control over where the driver has chosen to stop to pick him up.
You wouldn't do what - get out of the car?

Couldn't agree more. If Gideon controls the driver as well as he controls the country it explains everything!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That pretty much covers this whole story

Indeed - so an unliked politician goes for lunch while his police driver parks in a parking spot marked as disabled but with no legal standing ? Hold the bloody presses, this is earth shattering !

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Although it was a restaurant, John was brokering a deal with the Chinese that provided 20,000 British jobs.

That's alright then.

Prescott has been a laughing stock for years though (Falmer support excluded).

I see after berating all and sundry about working for the Sun and their journalists being arrested for phone hacking, he has been weirdly quiet about Mirror journalists (a paper he happens to write a column for) being arrested too.

Hypocrisy seems rampant on the left.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

The point would be he's a politician in the public eye and shouldn't be doing it as he should be beyong reproach as with Osbourne. Only with Osbourne he is systematically and deliberately destroying the welfare state and making the lives of disabled people needlessly stressful and miserable and so the fact his car was parked on a disabled bay becomes something of a accented point. One was a laughable fat unit dashing for Chinese, the other is a despicable human being out for his own ends who without remorse shits on those less fortunate than he.

However, itis annoying this has become a story, there are many worse things the tory's should be in the paper for but if it loses the Tory scum just one more vote I say Huzahh, lets go through their bins and smell their wive's panties.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I few years ago I was taking my Mum, who was disabled and had a blue badge, to do some shopping. I parked in the disabled bay and before I could go to the passenger side to help my mum get out some jobsworth, who had obviously just seen a young man exiting a car in a disabled bay, approached me and in his smuggest voice said "I take it you realise you've parked in a disabled space"
"Yes mate, I know"
"Well you're clearly not disabled"
"I know I'm not, but my mum is"

Smug jobsworth **** then apologised, he must've felt like a right pillock, I didn't even need to tell him to piss of and mind his own business.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I few years ago I was taking my Mum, who was disabled and had a blue badge, to do some shopping. I parked in the disabled bay and before I could go to the passenger side to help my mum get out some jobsworth, who had obviously just seen a young man exiting a car in a disabled bay, approached me and in his smuggest voice said "I take it you realise you've parked in a disabled space"
"Yes mate, I know"
"Well you're clearly not disabled"
"I know I'm not, but my mum is"

Smug jobsworth **** then apologised, he must've felt like a right pillock, I didn't even need to tell him to piss of and mind his own business.

Is it not good that someone was protecting the space so that you could park and get your mum out rather than a Chancellor getting there first!? ???

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The point would be he's a politician in the public eye and shouldn't be doing it as he should be beyong reproach as with Osbourne. Only with Osbourne he is systematically and deliberately destroying the welfare state and making the lives of disabled people needlessly stressful and miserable and so the fact his car was parked on a disabled bay becomes something of a accented point. One was a laughable fat unit dashing for Chinese, the other is a despicable human being out for his own ends who without remorse shits on those less fortunate than he.

However, itis annoying this has become a story, there are many worse things the tory's should be in the paper for but if it loses the Tory scum just one more vote I say Huzahh, lets go through their bins and smell their wive's panties.

Nibble,you can do better than that surely?What has upset you today,have you taken too much vitriol with your breakfast?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nibble,you can do better than that surely?What has upset you today,have you taken too much vitriol with your breakfast?

Clearly you have misunderstood the post. There is no vitriol, quite the opposite dear fellow. I leave the ranting and raving to right wing loons like your good self. No, not for me the red faced buffoonery of misplaced assuredness, nor the tweedy pomp of playing out the age old philosophical sonata, the struggle for justification of utter selfishness to an audience too tired to get up and leave.

No, my impotent charge can merely rouse just enough to point at Osbourne and say "You, stop being such a ....Tory". It's not much, I'll give you that.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Clearly you have misunderstood the post. There is no vitriol, quite the opposite dear fellow. I leave the ranting and raving to right wing loons like your good self. No, not for me the red faced buffoonery of misplaced assuredness, nor the tweedy pomp of playing out the age old philosophical sonata, the struggle for justification of utter selfishness to an audience too tired to get up and leave.

No, my impotent charge can merely rouse just enough to point at Osbourne and say "You, stop being such a ....Tory". It's not much, I'll give you that.

Nibble,I very rarely rant and rave and neither am I a right wing loon.More like right of centre would accurately describe my views I reckon.
Can't be arsed to get involved in the day to day over the top rants that seem to be commonplace on NSC these days.Both sides often make valid points,but they tend to get lost amongst the shite that gets spouted.
Have a good weekend.
P.S.Rather theatrical your first para wasn't it!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Osborne is total and utter bungle ****. He really is a moron.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Osborne is total and utter bungle ****. He really is a moron.

If he was a financial wizzkid who had showed himself to be totally competent at being a chancellor then it wouldn't matter where he parked or what carriage of the train he sat in, but when you have a Bullingdon boy who has shown himself to be totally out of his depth at what he is doing but arrogantly suggests it's his way or nothing then things like this count.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here