[News] George Floyd trial

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm not disagreeing with you, but some on here have the officer guilty before he's had a fair trial, otherwise lets just have no laws and let the lynch mobs and vigilante's rule, very dangerous territory.

Code:

Your post above is quite contradictory to some of your earlier posts though.

If you read them all back. You virtually have George Floyd guilty of drug use, drug possession, passing counterfeit notes; however, here you are now advocating not to judge Chauvin until he has his trial.

So why can't people have an opinion on the Policeman, if it is OK to have an opinion on George Floyd ?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Code:

Your post above is quite contradictory to some of your earlier posts though.

If you read them all back. You virtually have George Floyd guilty of drug use, drug possession, passing counterfeit notes; however, here you are now advocating not to judge Chauvin until he has his trial.

So why can't people have an opinion on the Policeman, if it is OK to have an opinion on George Floyd ?

Agreed, we are all entitled to an opinion, none of my posts have been aggressive towards anyone, some on here have been accused of racism by certain posters,

If George Floyd was on trial I would have an opinion yes, but he would still have to go through the process of a fair trial and we would have to hear all the evidence, that's how it works.

Also I never said Floyd was in possession of any drugs, the police were called because he passed a counterfeit note allegedly,

the way he was behaving suggested he was under the influence of a substance but that is a guess on my part agreed, equally he may have just been stressed out.:shrug:

Let me make it clear I'm not having a go at anyone for having an opinion, for what is worth the officer in question should be found guilty of a crime but that is for the jury to decide. :thumbsup:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Agreed, we are all entitled to an opinion, none of my posts have been aggressive towards anyone, some on here have been accused of racism by certain posters,

If George Floyd was on trial I would have an opinion yes, but he would still have to go through the process of a fair trial and we would have to hear all the evidence, that's how it works.

Also I never said Floyd was in possession of any drugs, the police were called because he passed a counterfeit note allegedly,

the way he was behaving suggested he was under the influence of a substance but that is a guess on my part agreed, equally he may have just been stressed out.:shrug:

Let me make it clear I'm not having a go at anyone for having an opinion, for what is worth the officer in question should be found guilty of a crime but that is for the jury to decide. :thumbsup:

You implicated him to drug possession when you in one of your posts drew attention to what you felt was a crack pipe found by police on him.

I don't want to accuse you of anything but I get a sense there is at the very least an unconscious bias against anyone who may be a drug user

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Agreed, but he was behaving irrationally at the wheel of a vehicle and not listening to the officers, the maximum penalty in the state of Minnesota for passing counterfeit bills is $1000 fine or 1 year imprisonment.

Forging checks of $250 or less is punishable by up to one year in jail and a $3,000 fine, but when the amount of the check exceeds $250, the penalty increases to up to five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

Floyd allegedly passed a $20 counterfeit bill. :shrug:

Not really sure what your point is.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
You implicated him to drug possession when you in one of your posts drew attention to what you felt was a crack pipe found by police on him.

I don't want to accuse you of anything but I get a sense there is at the very least an unconscious bias against anyone who may be a drug user

Again that is your opinion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think you missed his point, it is profitable to the companies that run the prisons, and profitable for the companies that use the cheap labour, not necessarily great for the tax payer.

I'm just not buying into the notion that the government, in cahoots with private businesses, are sending as many people to jail as possible in order to make a profit off them.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Both George Floyd and the officers involved overreacted to what was a relatively minor offence passing an alleged £20 bill.

But what is the point you are trying to make with this statement? It strikes me as just a factual observation of what occurred.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
But what is the point you are trying to make with this statement? It strikes me as just a factual observation of what occurred.

Okay this is what didn't occur, George Floyd didn't comply with the officers requests, if he had of done he would probably still be alive today, of course we have no way of knowing this because as its just an opinion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
None of that is relevant. Nor is his drug use. The only thing being asked is 'did this police officer kill this man through recklessness?'. Nobody is supposed to asking if George Floyd was a nice guy - that is entirely irrelevant. The police officer has effectively murdered someone.

Actually his drug use is relevant, very much so, if it contributed to his death.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
They'll need a bit of luck with that then (plus a good deal of white supremacy bigotry from the US justice system).

When your airways are blocked, you die, end of (literally, end of!)

There are those in this thread who've bought into the argument, so at least 50/50 chance that they will find a juror who will as well

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Okay this is what didn't occur, George Floyd didn't comply with the officers requests, if he had of done he would probably still be alive today, of course we have no way of knowing this because as its just an opinion.

Agreed, but police are held to a standard of behaviour and professionalism when dealing with non compliance. All arrests must involve some suspicion of law breaking, so the actions of the culprit or suspect really don’t alter this case - in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports