Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
This was taken using pentax k-70 dslr, 105mm lens (150mm after crop value) and using a skywatcher tracker. 29 images, with various dark& and light calibration images stacked in affinity photo...
andromeda 14 stacked affinity edit 6 PSE edit 5 dfine to reduce noise.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Also took this, and because the white background in the full sun was showing some heat haze effect, I've tried it in Shotwell and just pressed their enhance button.
To me, it's brought up some nice detail on the feathers and given a decent bokeh I suppose, but it possibly looks over exposed.
DSCN1607-min.JPG

Edit: That heat haze is still there too :(

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That bottom one point colour shot I just put up is bugging me now in terms of composition. If I'd have just lowered the camera a tad I'd have got the full weather vane on top of the church in the reflection too. As it is, it's chopped off and so ruins the picture a bit for me.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Also took this, and because the white background in the full sun was showing some heat haze effect, I've tried it in Shotwell and just pressed their enhance button.
To me, it's brought up some nice detail on the feathers and given a decent bokeh I suppose, but it possibly looks over exposed.
View attachment 154603
Edit: That heat haze is still there too :(
All those pictures immediately above look lovely and sharp. It's good fun playing around with photos.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Sadly not taken by me but taken by a villager just up the way in the foothills of Snowdonia

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here