Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Found this on my phone earlier, not a good photo but the clouds were incredible 71A62C40-501E-4D1B-8147-EAE0A53579EC.jpeg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
It's a female Golden-ringed Dragonfly because of the straight waist lines. The male usually has an hour glass figure so to speak.

Thanks very much indeed. I'm not a Dragonfly expert at all, and the images I Googled didn't quite have the same markings on the body, but maybe they're all just slightly different?
I'm now going to edit the info on my Flickr page.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's a female Golden-ringed Dragonfly because of the straight waist lines. The male usually has an hour glass figure so to speak.

Love this sort of info ^, thanks.
Really helpful, as I discovered on first seeing a Broad Bodied Chaser. I first thought the colour differences there meant a different species.

I took this picture today in the woods. Was sitting right in the middle of the path and not moving much. Almost in shy mode thinking it was hiding behind that blade of grass :lol: I only had my phone with me and this was shot on that at very close distance. On further reading I think it's a Common Shrew, but can't be 100% sure. Any thoughts?

It seems possible it may have just been left by a predator after emitting a foul smell? We broke the usual golden rule of not touching wildlife (bird fledglings for example) and did pick it up and put it in the undergrowth. Mainly because we wanted to see if it was still ok, it was as it is soon livened up!, and also because we nearly trod on it and so wanted to put it hopefully out of harm's way.
IMG_20220604_203148.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And here it is from a slightly different angle. Seeing the eyes should help in identification.

IMG_20220604_204756.jpg

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
There's a number of places in London inc Metro Imaging still doing E6 and C41. But.....The Black and White rolls, and I haven't processed any since 2002 you can do those at home if you've kept the developing tanks in the garage. Off the top of my head Agfa Rodinal 1:50 15 minutes, sorted :thumbsup:

I do actually still have a load of my old developing stuff and some Kodak D76 in the loft! I was tempted to give it a go just for the nostalgia of the smell if nothing else but just in case there's anything particularly sentimental that crops up I'll send them off instead! I've still got a couple of film cameras, I might get back into it maybe with some fresh rolls.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Since Covid hit, and with our home situation, I haven't been able to get out much to take any photos.

So it was yesterday I found myself looking back through my hard drive and found this picture I would like to share. It wasn't taken on safari or anything so grand, but if my memory serves me, at Colchester zoo... I had thought of cropping out the wooden fence rail at the bottom, but think that would have made the head too detached and just floating!

inquisitive.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Stunning full moon tonight! :love:

I'm hoping some lovely shots will turn up on here over next few days as a result.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Took this one on my phone last night while out on the board along by Millionaires Row. Quite pleased with it tbh as I literally just grabbed a quick shot before putting my phone back in my dry bag.

20220616_203146-01_resized.jpeg

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Both from Commerce Township Michigan about three years ago at Christmas.
I know bugger all about photography, but do like a good photo, not sure if these class as good, taken on a phone, but i like them.

Attachments

• m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 84
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 95

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I am not fond of flies, in fact, can't stand the things. But who would have thought a fly could be so beautiful? Made me ponder a little.

"Horrible" insects are horrible until you take a photo of them with a macro lens and can then see their hidden beauty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here