Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2010 All-Nighter Edition

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So at what point can we expect the red flag to be finally lowered over the country.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It astonished me that we've gone through a pretty harsh recession, and yet still the Tories haven't managed to convince a majority of the electorate that they're worthy of a vote.

What does that say about David Cameron? What would have to happen for people to turn back to the Conservatives? Just curious like, as you'd have thought people would have turned right against Brown.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
It astonished me that we've gone through a pretty harsh recession, and yet still the Tories haven't managed to convince a majority of the electorate that they're worthy of a vote.

What does that say about David Cameron? What would have to happen for people to turn back to the Conservatives? Just curious like, as you'd have thought people would have turned right against Brown.

Their big mistake was making Hague leader in 1997. He is probably their most talented MP, but he was leader too early. Clarke should have got the job in 1997, with Hague taking the reins down the line.

Instead, amusingly, they have had a sucession of incomptetants and bigots incharge, instead.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sunderland is a f***ing disgrace.

Makes our democratic process look more like It's A f***ing Knockout. :facepalm:

If the number of Lib Dem seats is as low as predicted, Clegg will be DESPERATE to do a deal with whoever will offer him a deal that involves electoral reform.

CMD will think he'll have enough of a mandate to avoid having to do any deals.

Welcome to a Lib/Lab government ... next week.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Their big mistake was making Hague leader in 1997. He is probably their most talented MP, but he was leader too early. Clarke should have got the job in 1997, with Hague taking the reins down the line.

Instead, amusingly, they have had a sucession of incomptetants and bigots incharge, instead.

Maybe that's it. Perhaps I'm simplifying things too much but a financial crisis like we've just gone through should be a gift from heaven to any opposition leader. I can't help feeling that somehow the Conservatives must have missed a trick somewhere. They should have walked this election.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The Conservative number of seats , 307, will go up as they WILL join with the UUP in Northern Ireland.( and possible DUP party. )

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
If the number of Lib Dem seats is as low as predicted, Clegg will be DESPERATE to do a deal with whoever will offer him a deal that involves electoral reform.

CMD will think he'll have enough of a mandate to avoid having to do any deals.

Welcome to a Lib/Lab government ... next week.

Though Clegg has made it clear he'll strike the deal, but only if Brown resigns, I think it'll be very difficult for both parties to agree terms and agreements as they have different policies, different beliefs and different ideas. Chancellor of the Exchequer? Cable or Darling...? Labour will want Darling and Lib Dem will want Cable in....it'll be a tricky one, won't happen by end of next week i reckon.

Here's to another General Election 2010 :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here