Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2010 All-Nighter Edition

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think you may be mixing up (Right Wing) Libertarians and Anarchists, with respect.

how come you are up? I would have though after last nights efforts by the Yiddo's you would be found head down in some gutter in a drunken stupor..

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There must be some sort of drinking game that can be played. Any suggestions?

Maybe a "down in one" when a cabinet minister loses their seat?

Dandyman

In London village.
how come you are up? I would have though after last nights efforts by the Yiddo's you would be found head down in some gutter in a drunken stupor..

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

:thumbsup::lol:

I shall forward to your heckling on Saturday.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Awesome. A discussion on which group of anarchists to vote for, despite the fact that they're not standing in the election.

cov, if you're an anarchist then I suggest you may as well vote for a party similarly made up of complete trouble making simpletons. So if I were you, I'd vote BNP. :thumbsup:

Dandyman

In London village.

Eastleigh Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
I have just been to sainsbury and acquired breaded mushrooms, chicken wings, cheese and bacon potato wings, doritos and copious dips and beer. I am genuinely excited by the night ahead

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just out of interest, do people such as the England cricket team get to vote if they are away on international duty? I know there are probably only 4 Englishmen in the squad, but still.

Also what about servicemen serving abroad?

One of my favourite cricket stories is when Bill Athey and Jack Russell were playing away from home and hadn't got a postal vote. They drove down at the close of play to vote in Gloucestershire, and drove back that night to discover that one had voted Labour and one Tory and had cancelled each other out. It sounds apocryphal but the fact the players were actually named suggests that this could be true.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I love it when the results start coming in, though its not as exciting as the European song contest.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Been at work for deadline day since 7.45am. Now working through until about 6am tomorrow writing election supplement due on our news stands mid morning.

Then from midday tomorrow will be covering the Hastings Borough Council election count.

May end up falling asleep at Withdean on Saturday.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just out of interest, do people such as the England cricket team get to vote if they are away on international duty? I know there are probably only 4 Englishmen in the squad, but still.

Also what about servicemen serving abroad?

Postal vote sorted WELL in advance.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I have to say I really am looking forward to tonight's results coming in. Whilst half of me fears a Tory majority the rest of me thinks that this election could be a seriously big deal with some very big shocks.

I don't think anyone should underestimate the influence social media will have on events as they unfold and the geek that I am I'm looking forward to a real Tweetstorm as the nation goes update crazy.

I'm only sorry I have to work tomorrow and will inevitably have to go to sleep at some point.

Happy voting!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
What do the all-night crew have lined up in terms of food and drink?

bacon sandwiches, sausage sandwiches, pizza planet on hold should it be required, some snuff, a small amount of illegal substances and four pack of red bull

going to be a good night

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
bacon sandwiches, sausage sandwiches, pizza planet on hold should it be required, some snuff, a small amount of illegal substances and four pack of red bull

going to be a good night

This is your idea of detoxing?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here