Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GBNews: anyone watching?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We all know why the usual suspects don’t like the Home Secretary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are the best Motte-Bailey theologian we have here.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Lovely scoop for GB news this one. Should really have it's own thread but I'll put it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ac3VJlKCYM

Home secretary, despite the England team saying that taking the knee has nothing to do with BLM, effectively declares them liars and refuses to condemn fans who boo their national team in a major competition. She wouldn't even confirm that she wouldn't boo herself.

So there you have it. Not even neutral on the issue.

Of course, the 'unbiased' interviewer doesn't raise the England team's perspective and ask for her views on that....

Anyone get the feeling that certain politicians might feel a little bolder given GBNews target audience ?

Football fans have a right to boo the England team for “taking the knee” in protest at racism, the home secretary has said.

“I just don't support people participating in that type of gesture politics,”
While serving in this government she told GB News. I don't think she understands irony

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Patel was clearly at ease with this interview, you could see it in her manner, she knew that she’d not be challenged, the equivalent of Diane Abbott being interviewed by Newsround. Yet the words still came out a little mixed up & strange with the constant repetition of ‘quite frankly’. She’s a nasty bigoted **** alright but that’s why she is a GBNews pin-up.

Government are getting more selective to which news channels they'll talk too. They even banned foreign press from Johnson's final news conference at the G7

We will see more and more of this Trump style politics

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Government are getting more selective to which news channels they'll talk too. They even banned foreign press from Johnson's final news conference at the G7

We will see more and more of this Trump style politics
Strategic blunder. Not many will follow them about on media. If they don't appear on channels people watch then they become nobodies.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The bailey being his far right views and the motte his accusations of anti-Semitism etc?

I'm not too sure about the attractiveness of the former or the solidity of the latter.

I’m looking forward to you informing me of my far right views?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
There's got to be a reason that you share a bunk with Das Reich in the Bear Pit.

Looking forward to you highlighting my links to the far right.
Never voted Tory in my life. Voted for Brexit, fully support legal immigration, the country cannot function without out legal immigration.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I watched a bit as it's always good to hear alternative viewpoints. As a massive lefty remaniac snowflake I know I'm not the target audience but it did seem a bit like the same people saying the same things they've been given free rein to say on the standard news for years, just this time without being asked any meaningful questions. Feels more like a needy vanity quest for validation of opinions without anyone challenging rather than news. Because opinions are now sacred and facts secondary it'll probably do really well.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
What was the name of the BBC comedy programme with Angus Deayton in, that ripped the piss out of the early days of Sky?

Is GB News any better than that was?

1. KYTV.

2. No idea.

My rule of thumb is whatever my father in law bigs up, the opposite is true. He was loving the thought of this, so that makes it as ****ish as it it gets without needing to check.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
1. KYTV.

2. No idea.

My rule of thumb is whatever my father in law bigs up, the opposite is true. He was loving the thought of this, so that makes it as ****ish as it it gets without needing to check.

Crikey...bet the chat around the Christmas dinner table is awks..

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Early viewing figures yesterday put GB news ahead of the BBC and Sky news, early days of course but encouraging
Regards
DF

Then I suggest you re-read the figures. It's true a number of people tuned into the launch. At the time the BBC News Channel had 0.9% audience share and GBNews 1.1%, but News at Ten had over 30%.

Both Sky and BBC World News also have millions of viewers abroad.

I think it's important all voices are heard, but GB News in it's current form will never be much more than a minority opinion channel.

When people realise it isn't really a news channel they will seek it elsewhere.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hmm - so why is a blog started on 11th June on GB News is in the Bear Pit?

Did you start it. By “you” I mean any one of the three user ids you use on here, including to vote twice on the same poll?

I’d get out of your glass house if I were you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Then I suggest you re-read the figures. It's true a number of people tuned into the launch. At the time the BBC News Channel had 0.9% audience share and GBNews 1.1%, but News at Ten had over 30%.

Both Sky and BBC World News also have millions of viewers abroad.

I think it's important all voices are heard, but GB News in it's current form will never be much more than a minority opinion channel.

When people realise it isn't really a news channel they will seek it elsewhere.

Also, if we are talking BBC news, the online news pages would need to be included.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here