GBNews: anyone watching?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jan 30, 2008
Just watched 10 mins of a covid debate. Utter dross, so turned it off.

Then I suggest you re-read the figures. It's true a number of people tuned into the launch. At the time the BBC News Channel had 0.9% audience share and GBNews 1.1%, but News at Ten had over 30%.

Both Sky and BBC World News also have millions of viewers abroad.

I think it's important all voices are heard, but GB News in it's current form will never be much more than a minority opinion channel.

When people realise it isn't really a news channel they will seek it elsewhere.

Well you carry on with your damage limitation propaganda , give it a few months and then you can make a more reasoned comment
Regards
DF

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Fully expecting gb news Twitter to all agree to leave sky boxes on that channel when they are not watching. Helps the figures vs a very specific channel if you ignore the actual terrestrial programmes.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Did you start it. By “you” I mean any one of the three user ids you use on here, including to vote twice on the same poll?

I’d get out of your glass house if I were you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But why is it in the Bear Pit?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've watched a few more hours and whilst it claims to show balance (which it does with it's guests, but it really just people shouting each other down) the presenters are clearly showing their colours. It will be interesting how long Dan Wootton lasts.

Much gnashing of teeth regarding something Roger Daltrey said in an interview, apparently unchallenged. I missed it, but will record the catch up to see if it is still there :)

Andrew Neil still a very good journalist and good at picking holes in the anti-lockdown argument.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
**** me, they've got Steve 'Glintpay' Baker on there at the moment ....

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
**** me, they've got Steve 'Glintpay' Baker on there at the moment ....

Andrew Neil giving him a hard time though, the best political interviewer in the country.

He will exposed as a heretic on Twitter later.

By the way, please don't bother to tune in if you are looking for news. There isn't any, it's a just a constant stream of contrary views with balanced guests but mostly neo-liberal presenters with major technical issues. The actual newsreaders they have drummed in look in actual shock.

The phrase "breath of fresh air" gets used a lot.

It's basically Alan Partridge TV.

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Andrew Neil giving him a hard time though. He will exposed as a heretic on Twitter later.

Christ knows why Andrew Neil got involved in this bollocks ... ego ... money ... spite over being binned by the BBC for being too left wing for Laura Thirdrigthsberg? Probably a bit of all 3.

Maybe he just likes shouting at idiots.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Toby Young T V

not news

it's the comments section of The Daily Express

may the proud offshore hedge funds bankrolling this lose their money.

Freedom of speech (as long as you agree)

currently .... (I shit you not) ... 'Woke Watch'

RANCID

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'll be watching it a lot, just as I listen to LBC a lot. I'll always search out stuff I disagree with because I think it's good for you.

There should always be space for this kind of stuff, but it will interesting how Ofcom reacts to it, if it continues to brand itself as a "news" channel.

A few programmes on a loop.

It's really the Daily Mail channel. Mainly right of centre, but columnists with very different views on lock down, Boris Johnson etc...

Lots of debate (and argument) going on, but from a right wing perspective. Same thing going on in every Student Union in the country but obviously from a left wing perspective.

Quite interesting they are promoting themselves as a voice for Britain, whilst clearly it's a platform to discuss ideological differences the Conservative party are currently having.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports