Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] gatwick drop-off fee £5

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Edit just seen your post, 10 minutes wow, I won’t pick anyone up until they call me at kerbside, I’m there no more than 3 minutes each time, 10 minutes is ridiculous!
Im just using the 2 hour free long stay option now.
Refuse to give these money grabbing bastards any drop off/pick up tax
+ save my morning dump and have a good long relaxing 30 minute shit at the airport instead, must cost them £10 quid in air freshner
F*&K the airports

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Out of principle.
The driver who took us to Heathrow for the return journey home had to pay the same.
Bloody daylight robbery, what next a pound a person to drop off at railway stations !
Have to pay for everything over there, that I did notice.
Even air for topping up car tyres !
Fair enough. I see it slightly differently; airports lost millions during Covid and whilst we’d all like to pay nothing:

1) There are alternatives and the drop-off is a convenience; often in life you have pay for convenience.
2) Flying usually isn’t essential. It costs money and in the grand scheme of things 5 quid on top of all the other costs isn’t much.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Out of principle.
The driver who took us to Heathrow for the return journey home had to pay the same.
Bloody daylight robbery, what next a pound a person to drop off at railway stations !
Have to pay for everything over there, that I did notice.
Even air for topping up car tyres !
So you want those machines provided and serviced for free ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It is indeed outrageous. They're nickel and diming us to death! All those saying "it's only £5" are clearly living in a parallel universe.
I have been mulling this over today. Another tip is to reduce spending at the airport e.g. maybe only have 7 pre-Benidorm flight pints instead of 8? Or when you are there, one less Full English? Or maybe just sunbathe instead of having a Sunday roast in the blistering heat?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Im just using the 2 hour free long stay option now.
Refuse to give these money grabbing bastards any drop off/pick up tax
+ save my morning dump and have a good long relaxing 30 minute shit at the airport instead, must cost them £10 quid in air freshner
F*&K the airports
Probably more if you decide on a dirty protest

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Fair enough. I see it slightly differently; airports lost millions during Covid and whilst we’d all like to pay nothing:

1) There are alternatives and the drop-off is a convenience; often in life you have pay for convenience.
2) Flying usually isn’t essential. It costs money and in the grand scheme of things 5 quid on top of all the other costs isn’t much.
My heart bleeds for a company that made hundreds of millions a year before Covid and in its latest results reported £440m+ in profit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My heart bleeds for a company that made hundreds of millions a year before Covid and in its latest results reported £440m+ in profit.
“Despite returning to profitability the airport remains cautiously optimistic about a full recovery, given the current economic uncertainty and inflationary pressures.” - it’s a tough world.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Heathrow lost 4 billion whist it was shut.

They are not back to profit

Gatwick won't be much better off

£192m profit, with £102m from parking, which I'm assuming the drop off fee is included

1 billion plus lost in covid

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Aviation industry needs to stop making air fares way
Folk won’t like me saying this and as a regular user of the DO area at LGW I’m somewhat qualified to say that since the intro of the toll the whole experience for those that use it is far better than before it’s introduction! Sorry 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yup, this. Has sharply focused the minds of those who were previously just taking the piss. Charge them thruppence for something, they suddenly re-evaluate their circumstances :lol:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Aviation industry needs to stop making air fares way

Yup, this. Has sharply focused the minds of those who were previously just taking the piss. Charge them thruppence for something, they suddenly re-evaluate their circumstances :lol:
It’s not becoming I know but I always chuckle at the amount of PAX dragging their cases down the slip road looking like refugees fleeing a war zone all to save a fiver when in all honesty once airside will be paying more than a fiver over the odds for their shit Wetherspoons breakfast and crap larger 😂

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It’s not becoming I know but I always chuckle at the amount of PAX dragging their cases down the slip road looking like refugees fleeing a war zone all to save a fiver when in all honesty once airside will be paying more than a fiver over the odds for their shit Wetherspoons breakfast and crap larger 😂
Always best to go into a lounge to stay away from these types

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here