Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gary Neville

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does he speak Spanish?

If he doesnt his brother probably has learnt some or is havng lessons. There are many courses available on line to learn any language quickly.
OT but in 1995 we were emigrating to Cyprus and met a soldier on the boat from Greece who told me he learnt Arabic sufficent to mix with the locals so they didnt realize he was English in 6 weeks spending 12 hrs a day in front of a computer screen

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He is in a difficult position , easy tapping about on a screen now he has to put it into action and third is best they can hope for in the league. Big loss for Sky football too

This. It is easier pointing out on slo-mo where things have gone wrong, it's going to be considerably harder pointing out ( in Spanish ) what he wants to happen on the pitch.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Very surprised like everyone else but then remembered that he knows the owner very well. That has to give him a fighting chance at least.
The contract is for 5 months so if it goes well everyone wins and if not he will be older and wiser. Getting sacked by Valencia has never damaged anyones reputation. He will do well to see the season out. Hope he does but will miss him on Sky.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have a good friend who is from Valencia and who is a Valencia fanatic, will be interesting to hear his thoughts as time goes by

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I didn't realise football punditry made you a great manager.

More often than not being a footballer doesn't make a good manager. Maybe his route to the hot seat will work?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
First job and at a big club in La Liga. I suggest he will crash and burn quite quickly. Not quite sure that because he talks a good game means he will do as well as some of you seem to think. Spanish fans are way less tolerant than English fans, especially with foreigners.

How many English managers have had a first job at a Champions League club and done well at it??

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here