Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Neville

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
What was it that Jaap Stam called the Neville brothers? Busy c unts I think.

Oh and WW: for you to call anyones views unbalanced is the biggest laugh I've had all week. This from a bloke who is happy to abuse our own players at every available opportunity yet as soon as someone says something about your darling Gary you get all uppity. Can't have it both ways.

Good question, what happens in the tunnel when United face Everton? Does Gary freeze out Phil?

Phil Neville is a two-club man, that's almost as good as Gary.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Personally, I don't like Neville as I think he is an arrogant prick. Claims to be working class yet earns millions. Doubt he lives in a 2up2down in Salford somewhere. He may well have started out working class but has moved up the social scale since. Live with it. I also hate him because he is related to that dick of a brother whom I can't ever forgive for giving away a needless penalty in the Euros against Romania and costing us any progress.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Pretty much sums him up.

Trouble is, you don't know what Gary Neville would have done had Utd not been successfull for the past 18 years. Had they got relegated or struggled, would he have stayed? It's easy to be heralded as a one club man when that club has been the most successful for so long.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Trouble is, you don't know what Gary Neville would have done had Utd not been successfull for the past 18 years. Had they got relegated or struggled, would he have stayed? It's easy to be heralded as a one club man when that club has been the most successful for so long.

True.

That must make Kuipers a saint then....

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
My criteria for judging Neville is how would I feel if the Albion had a one-club man who had a pop at Palace or Pompey fans and blanked any Albion players that joined either club. Answer - he'd be a legend.

Which is fair enough, but how would you expect that Brighton player to be viewed by other clubs, especially if we were already a hated club by many?

That's how it is with Neville. I can perfectly understand why the ManUre fans love him, and if I was one of them I would love him. But to everyone outside of that, he comes across as an arrogant prick who is in no position to question anyone else's current contribution to things when he is just building up the sub count, and banking his money. I've never particularly liked him, but lately he has become a one-trick pony, and unfortunately that trick involved winding up the opposition from the subs bench.

Oct 25, 2003
at the end of the day, wasn't it just that neville said that tevez wasn't worth the money?

that's the truth surely? no way is he worth £25m or whatever it was. No way

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
at the end of the day, wasn't it just that neville said that tevez wasn't worth the money?

that's the truth surely? no way is he worth £25m or whatever it was. No way

Possibly not, but who is? He is certainly worth more than Berbatov and if Neville is going to be twattish enough to make comments like that he should expect to be ridiculed when the player he is talking about is the difference between two teams in a big semi-final. 2nd Leg is gonna be well interesting now, especially if Tevez scores again...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Tevez know Neville personally and considers him a moron and an arse (I think he was being kind saying boot) licker. That is exactly as Neville has come across to me for years, I hope he sticks around to have the piss taken by more players as United slide into being also rans :thumbsup:

I loved Tevez before all this, he has to now be one of my favourite Premiership players.

It's about time someone in football called Neville out. How many England caps would he ever have won if he'd played for Blackburn or Wigan? He was lucky that he played against teams who were too scared or busy defending for their lives to get at him. He has no clue about offside - how many times have you seen three of the Moan U back four step out leaving one man in there waving his arm hopefully in the air? His main talent is that he's almost as good as his mate Beckham at getting into photographs of celebrations of goals he had nothing to do with.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Its also come up that perhaps United could not afford to increase their offer for Tevez. Good player that he is, his agent always held the trump card knowing Man City would pay over the odds for a player United rated but had a ceiling price for! I think Tevez himself shows through his apparent discust for United's failure to keep him that his heart was really with that team.No?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Its also come up that perhaps United could not afford to increase their offer for Tevez. Good player that he is, his agent always held the trump card knowing Man City would pay over the odds for a player United rated but had a ceiling price for! I think Tevez himself shows through his apparent discust for United's failure to keep him that his heart was really with that team.No?

I think it runs deeper than that, I read an article in some Sunday rag at the tail end of last season where it seems Tevez biggest gripe was that he'd be on the bench, come on and score the winner and then be dropped to the bench again for the following game. He was claiming that he wasn't getting a decent chance as he wasn't playing full games and that Fergie had no interest in discussing beyond the end of the season. There was no doubt from the tone of the article that he wanted to stay if he was given a run in the team.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Like Ferguson, Neville is winner but does so without grace. When they lose they throw their toys out of the pram and never will be loved nor admired by those that don't follow their clubs.

It is not necessary to win or lose without grace and not still be a winner. Roger Federer can and he is a true champion and so may I add does Ryan Giggs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here