Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Neville

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Schmeichel sees the funny side of it.
Giggs, Scholes and Phil Neville all refuse to acknowledge him as well. It's clearly a pre-planned joke. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just looking for an excuse to take a pop.
'Clearly a pre-planned joke'? I think that's extremely unlikely. It might have been a joke if this were two Sunday league sides but it wasn't, this was two professional teams containing top players who have prepared for the game. They've all got their pre-match rituals and for quite a few players that means focussing on the task in front of them and ignoring all else: 'being in the zone' as the Americans call it.

I actually (partly) agree with you, just not your analysis. Playing jokes and having idle chit-chat with ex-colleagues is probably not part of Neville's pre-match preparation. And as El Pres says Neville's a one-club man who, whatever he's like off the pitch, come game day hates everything that isn't Man U. Fair enough IMO.

Last edited:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
What was it that Jaap Stam called the Neville brothers? Busy c unts I think.

Oh and WW: for you to call anyones views unbalanced is the biggest laugh I've had all week. This from a bloke who is happy to abuse our own players at every available opportunity yet as soon as someone says something about your darling Gary you get all uppity. Can't have it both ways.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The footage that they were showing of it on skysports yesterday was brilliant. You see the whole incident in full. Tevez scores, runs infront of Neville, does the 'shut your mouth' gesture twice and then Neville gives him the finger. All quite amusing.

Also much more ebjoyable watching it while the sky sports preseter was reading tevez's quote over the top of it calling neville a 'moron and a boot licker!!'

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It just riles me that people get their kicks out of "hating" man u, and whenever questioned why, the reasoning is always unbalanced (e.g Man U killed the fa cup, it's Man U's fault sky exists which has ruined football) bla bla bla

Does it not enter your head that some of us have hated them for 27 years partly due to a cetain player you no doubt regard a hero when you read your United history books who destroyed a man's career.

re FA Cup - United were arrogant when they pulled out for money reasons alone to generate their global brand, maybe the reason why they are f***ed now, but they havent killed what is still the best cup competition in the world.

re sky - Man Utd were LUCKY they were in the acendancy and Lverpool in decline when Sky's money came along, the other way around Liverpool would have 20 odd titles to Utd's sigle figures.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Well as if last night's shit stirring before the match wasn't dickhead enough, how about this little gem?

[yt]JUqg49uKIfE[/yt]

I like what the commentator quotes about Citeh.......No Manchester Lads in the sides....not a player from Lancashire, not even a British player. or something like that. Gary Neville lives and breathes Man U and what ever you think of him he has to be admired for that surely? Will make a good manager one day.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tevez know Neville personally and considers him a moron and an arse (I think he was being kind saying boot) licker. That is exactly as Neville has come across to me for years, I hope he sticks around to have the piss taken by more players as United slide into being also rans :thumbsup:

I loved Tevez before all this, he has to now be one of my favourite Premiership players.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
He's a genuine Man Utd fan, and he's acting as such. They lost, he flicked the bird. If they win, he celebrates like an idiot. I've nothing against that in the slightest, but I do have something against using his blind love of the club against him. I'd love to have a team full of Brighton players who did that.

What he said

Oct 25, 2003
i'd quite like brighton players to just go MENTAL when they score a goal and run the length of the pitch to celebrate infront of the other teams fans- forster winds up the other teams fans loads and i ruddy LOVE that....just the thought of grown men getting irate at a footballer for celebrating a goal, while we're all going celebration crazy is brilliant

however, surely neville should support bury?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Tevez know Neville personally and considers him a moron and an arse (I think he was being kind saying boot) licker. That is exactly as Neville has come across to me for years, I hope he sticks around to have the piss taken by more players as United slide into being also rans :thumbsup:

I loved Tevez before all this, he has to now be one of my favourite Premiership players.

I think the old saying of " The Hamster's dead but the wheel is still spinning" is quite apt here to sum up Rat-Boy. Must be hard knowing your glory days are behind you for you and your club.... with only a Titanic iceberg of debt ahead !:lolol:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
To be honest I thought Tevez was the tw@t. In my opinion he's highly over-rated, although he is obviously a decent enough player.

He was the one that was goading Neville, and most people would probably have done the same in Neville's situation. The whole scenario surrounding Tevez is a joke as, depending on who you believe, he basically told United the 'go away' when they offered him a deal last season and then tried to blame the whole episode on them. Also, his delusion amused me when he said he thought he'd get a great reception when he went back there with City! The only players who could justifiably think that are people like Schmeichel, Giggs, Scholes and Neville.

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
He didn't say no to Manchester United. They refused to pay for him

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
My criteria for judging Neville is how would I feel if the Albion had a one-club man who had a pop at Palace or Pompey fans and blanked any Albion players that joined either club. Answer - he'd be a legend.

Personally, I love the intensity of Neville. He's a throwback to what derby matches USED to be like when players used to play for a club for more than a couple of seasons.

Absolutely.

In contrast Tevez is a football mercenary who was parachuted (illegally) in to West Ham to keep them up at the expense of Sheffield United - for which the Hammers have now paid dearly, and personally I hope they go down this season - then left to get megabucks at Man U and now even more at Man C.

Oh and the twat looks a bit like Maradona to me....:mad:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
He didn't say no to Manchester United. They refused to pay for him

That was the Tevez/ agent's take on things. But for me they lost all credibility for the way they handled the issue of his ownership over the last three or four years. Manchester United said they offered him a deal approximate to the one that had previously been agreed, before Tevez had signed for anyone else. He chose to turn it down, presumably because he knew by that point that he'd get far more money at City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here