Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I think Mr B if you had said that originally you would have had a more reasoned response.
A more seasoned response from who. Withdean Wanderer? I think I basically did say that in my first post, which if Wanderer had bothered to read it would have read, before I got called a twat by him.

As I said, its not the first time he done this, skim over a post, and start name calling. I noticed he once again got into a debate, and since hasn't bothered to justify his comments when put on the spot.

Maybe he's London Irish's love child, or maybe his mums giving him he Sunday evening bath and put him to bed, but do you think my first post was attacking Gary Hart, and justified he comments? I simply said he's got good enough anymore in my opinion, and I'll repeat, from the looks of this thread, many other peoples opinions. But come on, trying to stop him getting a job and abusing him, as WW stated, is a little more than pathetic don't you think?

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I would like to say that Harty has not conducted himself well twice recently - firstly slagging Dean off because he wasn't picked and secondly why speak to a fan down the marina and say that about a contract - i'm sure Dick won't be impressed with that - i would also like to say thankyou to Dean Wilkins - Kerry Mayo - Sam Rents and Guy Butters - they have all left the club and not slagged anyone off - true proffessional - unlike Paul Reid and Gary Hart
Spot on.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I would like to say that Harty has not conducted himself well twice recently - firstly slagging Dean off because he wasn't picked and secondly why speak to a fan down the marina and say that about a contract - i'm sure Dick won't be impressed with that - i would also like to say thankyou to Dean Wilkins - Kerry Mayo - Sam Rents and Guy Butters - they have all left the club and not slagged anyone off - true proffessional - unlike Paul Reid and Gary Hart

Where exactly has OGH slagged Wendy off?

John Byrne

Jun 18, 2007
Exactly....he hasn't slagged of Wilkins. Here merely said to me that it was a deciding factor.

The bloke is a real gent.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think Mr B if you had said that originally you would have had a more reasoned response.

My view is that if we can get a better player for the money being offered to him then we should sign him. However, I suspect that there are relatively few who fall into that category, and therefore I would rather have a tried and trusted OGH than paying out wages for someone who could be the next Shane McFaul.
But do we need Hart or another player? We have several players who can cover each position Hart plays.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
But do we need Hart or another player? We have several players who can cover each position Hart plays.
Exactly. He'd almost be a back up to the back ups, and that role should be for youth players, not an older player whose not going to be near a full starting line up!

John Byrne

Jun 18, 2007
Surely losing out on Currie (an old man) means we still need cover on the wings? Gary can play up front as well which again we are short of...with Forster and Murray being the probably first choices.

and before you mention Jake Robinson....we won't be seen this season imo.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Isn't that for MA to decide?
Off couse it is, and for us to discuss, hence the discussion board!

Going back to an earlier post

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Presidente

A more seasoned response from who. Withdean Wanderer? I think I basically did say that in my first post, which if Wanderer had bothered to read it would have read, before I got called a twat by him.

As I said, its not the first time he done this, skim over a post, and start name calling. I noticed he once again got into a debate, and since hasn't bothered to justify his comments when put on the spot.

Do you think my first post was attacking Gary Hart, and justified his comments? I simply said he's got good enough anymore in my opinion, and I'll reapeat, from the looks of this thread, many other peoples opinions. But come on, trying to stop him getting a job and abusing him, as WW stated, is a little more than pathetic don't you think?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think he means that OGH felt he wasn't getting a fair crack of the whip under Wendy, and therefore would have moved on even if offered a contract. With MA in charge the sheet is wiped clean, and he feels he will be picked or not picked on merit.

As said before, he is unlikely to be offered generous terms by the club, and they reflect his likely regular first team chances his season.

John Byrne

Jun 18, 2007
So you are saying that Hart wasn't going to sign if Wilkins was still here?

Hart was told he wasn't wanted while Wilkins was still here, there was zero chance of him being offered new terms if Wilkins remained, or have I mis read your first post?

Correct...Hart wouldn't have resigned if wikins was around.

We all know wilkins kicked him out so i don't really see your point. All im saying is MA has offered him a contract if wilkins had accepted the coaching roll Harty wouldn't have even thought about accepting the contract.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think he means that OGH felt he wasn't getting a fair crack of the whip under Wendy, and therefore would have moved on even if offered a contract. With MA in charge the sheet is wiped clean, and he feels he will be picked or not picked on merit.

As said before, he is unlikely to be offered generous terms by the club, and they reflect his likely regular first team chances his season.

OK, that makes sense.

But surprised if he felt like that, why did he not request a transfer during the season?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

wondered when you would jump in to defend your blue eyed boy

this really must be the most childish and insulting thread in a very long time

(or perhaps not so long after all):nono:

barney

Jul 31, 2006
On the footballing stuff, I'm with Mr Burns all the way. Players don't go on forever, and it's the progressive and ambitious clubs that know when to release a once great player instead of letting them carry on pointlessly.

On the insults, I think calling someone a "child" repeatedly is a tad pathetic considering he's quite obviously not a child.

child

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here