Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He was never THAT good of a striker in the first place!

Keeping him on would just be a waste of everyone's time. It's sad and all, he's ben a good player for us, but not EVERYONE has to stay here FOREVER.

He is not as old as some people are making out (only 31) and we are talking about a possible one year contract, which is not 'forever'.

He has something to offer at right midfield and right back as well as up front. I suspect that Adam Virgo is more likely to be used as a back up striker to be honest.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
What is your point?

my arguments

1) You've slagged off a players ability, hoping he'll read it and not sign a contract - that makes you a sad dillusional twat:thumbsup:

2) THPP claims Mickey's "old pals act" needs to be scrapped, and that there are better new younger players out there than players who've worked for Adams before.
I'd rather trust Mickey's judgement, than assume that we should gamble on some randoms simply because we've never heard of them, causing speculation that they might be a superior option to the likes of Hart and Mayo.

Not really sure what you're trying to achieve by calling me a child either, but hey ho!

shutup you child

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
What is your point?

my arguments

1) You've slagged off a players ability, hoping he'll read it and not sign a contract - that makes you a sad dillusional twat:thumbsup:

2) THPP claims Mickey's "old pals act" needs to be scrapped, and that there are better new younger players out there than players who've worked for Adams before.
I'd rather trust Mickey's judgement, than assume that we should gamble on some randoms simply because we've never heard of them, causing speculation that they might be a superior option to the likes of Hart and Mayo.

Not really sure what you're trying to achieve by calling me a child either, but hey ho!
1) Yer, I really really think he'll take notice of one poster. I'M THAT IMPORTANT I DO BELIEVE IT. (God, why I am even bothering replying to this moron)

2) I would rather us take a risk with a youth teamer/reserve player, than pay two has beens to sit in the reserves waiting for a game here and there. Probably most of the reserves/youthies would rather get a chance, rather than be behind these two. If they might be a superior option , I would prefer to see a player of the future given the oppertunately, rather than one from the past.

Plus, don't forget Gary has slagged WIlkins off for basically not playing him, so he thinks he's good enough to play in the first team. He's not, and he won't play more than a handful of game if any, so will he be blaming and slagging off Micky Adams if he doesn't play?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He is not as old as some people are making out (only 31) and we are talking about a possible one year contract, which is not 'forever'.
Well no, it's not LITERALLY forever. But it is another unnecessary year. There does seem to be a bit of a problem letting go of anyone who plays for us for more than a couple of seasons, especially the ones that were part of successful teams as Hart was. Sometimes you have to realise that past glories aren't enough.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I don't think Gary will refuse to sign a contract just because of what he reads on here, that would be just stupid!!
Of course he won't, but he needs to know slagging off the old manager aint gonna win him any friends. Most on he would agree I'm sure, Harts not going to win a regular place this year, if he gets a place at all, so knocking the manager for not picking him, isn't going to do him any favours, when most on here would probably agree he's not worthy of a place, in a fully fit squad. Maybe as a back up for a number of back up positions, maybe, but my point is, ressies or youth should be used if its only going to be for a game here and there, signing two experience pros like HArt and Mayo, for MAYBE a few games between them is a total waste of money, in my opinion.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Harts strength is he can provide cover in a number of positions and in that capacity is worth a contract for the coming season.

Would rather have Hart whose strengths and weaknesses MA knows well than take a punt on some unknown nobody or risk throwing a youth teamer in too early.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It's alright folks. I got A's for my English language & literature GCSE's, and have an A-level in English language. I'm not going to be offended by someone slating my ability to write!

Anyway, at the end of the day, I think Hart could be a useful back-up for a number of positions, particularly if he's willing to take a pay cut. :)

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
You're a sad twat if you try and stop someone getting a job by abusing them on an internet forum. :tosser:
Im still waiting for you to justify those comments. Or have you got a big area in your colouring in book you've got to finish first??:wave: When you attack someone on a forum and they pick you up on it, at least have the bollocks (if they dropped yet) to reply. You've done this to me before, not read a post, pick out a few words from it, and then start the name calling, and then not have balls to follow up on your words, which is why you're fast becoming the forums new 1066

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
It's alright folks. I got A's for my English language & literature GCSE's, and have an A-level in English language. I'm not going to be offended by someone slating my ability to write!

Anyway, at the end of the day, I think Hart could be a useful back-up for a number of positions, particularly if he's willing to take a pay cut. :)

OGH, isn't good enough for this league anymore. POTTER

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Im not going to fall either side of the "is he good enough" fence as I have not seen enough games to make judgement, but it is possible, based on some of Gary`s post on here that there was a falling out between him and Dean and that was the reason he was not picked, nothing to do with ability, just the fact Dean did not like him. Its happened before with other clubs and may have happened here

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Perhaps with the budget Adams has to work with he thinks they both offer more value than others as squad members,i thought Kerry was our best player against Lewes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here