Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart - alive and kicking

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
in his testamonial against Charlton i thought he was turd tbh, a spent force. however, yesterday he looked like a new man and very useful. i hope he plays a few more games before the end of the season, we sure need his force of will on that pitch at the mo. have great memories of signing the OGH song long, loud and drunkenly in Barcelona on a lads holiday many moons ago :)

Agreed - when he lost his pace a few years ago he had pretty much nothing to give, but yesterday he seemed to be back to his old form. He made the second goal very well. He was also able to control the ball and make his first touch count - something of a novelty this season at Withdean. I hope he starts tomorrow on the right - Loft was, unfortunately, a waste of space on Saturday. We all know that OGH will give the proverbial 110% - on the evidence of his performances yesterday and at Hereford he can also still be a creative force.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Loft was, unfortunately, a waste of space on Saturday. .

Behave.

I know it's a game of opinions, but the player ratings thread alone surely proves that that one is a load of old tosh.

Loft was our best midfielder, and subbing him was a piss poor decision.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Behave.

I know it's a game of opinions, but the player ratings thread alone surely proves that that one is a load of old tosh.

Loft was our best midfielder, and subbing him was a piss poor decision.

Yeh - I was looking at that earlier. I seem to be in the minority, but the problem with the diamond formation is that it askes a helluva lot of the guys in the middle (Loft and Fraser yesterday), and unfortunately Loft didn't do the business as far as I was concerned. Not necessarily his fault - I think we got the tactics wrong - but I could understand the rationale for subbing him.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yeah one decent cross. Give him another year contract.

SAKE.

Best not mention him and El Abd backing off to let their guy cross for the third goal eh?

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Yeah one decent cross. Give him another year contract.

SAKE.

Best not mention him and El Abd backing off to let their guy cross for the third goal eh?

Where did you get that from?
What most are saying is that he has been on fine form for the reserves and has made an impact whenever he has come on off the bench and if you were at the game on saturday you would of seen him it looked a bit like the OGH Of old very energetic got in useful positions and generally looked a threat and most of all you could tell he really cared about what was happening on the pitch
Weve payed for him to get his knee fixed so he should be given another year IMO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here