Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Garth Crooks (made-up) Team of the Week 2023/24

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
"However, when a team scores four goals away from home they are not just expected to win, they are entitled to win. The mere fact Luton scored four goals and still failed to take all three points raises massive questions about their ability to remain in the league."

A characteristically odd take.
Yeah, but that's pretty much his USP.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Is he too lazy to do a team of the week for the full complement of midweek matches. Adebayo for his hatrick against us for that fair enough, and Eze didn’t even play on Saturday….

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
"However, when a team scores four goals away from home they are not just expected to win, they are entitled to win. The mere fact Luton scored four goals and still failed to take all three points raises massive questions about their ability to remain in the league."

A characteristically odd take.
Or.....when a CL qualifying team, up to their eyes in sportswashing sponduliks score 4 goals at HOME to a team that were non league 10 years ago and still failed to take all 3 points....yada yada yada!

The man is a weapons grade f*ckwit!!!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I once scored a hat-trick in a cup 1/4 final down near Bognor. 1-1 with 10 mins to go. 3 goals in 6 minutes.

According to my manager... "and you, you useless twat, watched the squirrels shagging in the trees for 80 mins"

In Crooks useless eyes I'd have been in his TOTW

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Is he too lazy to do a team of the week for the full complement of midweek matches. Adebayo for his hatrick against us for that fair enough, and Eze didn’t even play on Saturday….
Nor did Bradley (Sunday, but you know what I mean).

Meanwhile, Schar was part of a defence that shipped four goals against Luton and Gabriel scored a comical own goal.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I haven't even bothered to read his column for ages now - happy for it to be out of my life. Thanks(!!) to this thread, I just had another look at slug-man's latest mitherings - that's another seven seconds of my life I'll never get back!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
"A defeat of this magnitude - 6-0 at home - will reignite the issue amongst their fans as to whether David Moyes is the right man to take the Hammers forward. I think a little investment in the team might be a better idea."

Poor old Moyesy has only had 300 million to spend in the past 18 months plus the Kalvin Phillips loan.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
"A defeat of this magnitude - 6-0 at home - will reignite the issue amongst their fans as to whether David Moyes is the right man to take the Hammers forward. I think a little investment in the team might be a better idea."

Poor old Moyesy has only had 300 million to spend in the past 18 months plus the Kalvin Phillips loan.
Jesus!

just when you think he can't get any more clueless, he sinks to new lows.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
I wonder if a freedom of information request (or whatever it's called) would reveal how much this bell end gets paid by the BBC? Worthless punditry in every respect!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I wonder if a freedom of information request (or whatever it's called) would reveal how much this bell end gets paid by the BBC? Worthless punditry in every respect!
This article from 2017 suggests he's paid by an independent production company, as he's not on the published BBC salary list:

And the 2023 list doesn't include him

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Can't wait for the clown's latest drivel to be published tomorrow. You just know it's going to be a combo of Manure, Arsenal and the entitled.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can't wait for the clown's latest drivel to be published tomorrow. You just know it's going to be a combo of Manure, Arsenal and the entitled.
Plus half a line about Adingra and Mitoma, and how they should be looking to move to bigger clubs in the summer, with a detailed paragraph about how Mitoma will fit into Man U’s set up and how he’s well known to Ashworth who scouted him in Japan and then recruited him at Brighton.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Plus half a line about Adingra and Mitoma, and how they should be looking to move to bigger clubs in the summer, with a detailed paragraph about how Mitoma will fit into Man U’s set up and how he’s well known to Ashworth who scouted him in Japan and then recruited him at Brighton.
I think you have pretty much nailed it there dazzer. Could you drop the Crook a note and advise him that you have done it for him this week?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here