Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Garcia wasn't involved with the players and Upson ran the team/dressing room".

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Surely this latest bit of Oscar bashing" is merely an attempt to divert criticism from the current regime.

I don't give a toss who was doing the team talk or who was cutting up the half time oranges. Under Oscar we were successful. Under Gus we were successful.

We now have a sheet squad recruited by a Burke and playing under a clueless sheet manager and we're heading for League 1.

I can only hope that TB's ego hasn't caught up with him and that he is prepared to get shot of "half a million" Barber, the Burke and the useless Finn before it is all too late. The clock is ticking.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Surely this latest bit of Oscar bashing" is merely an attempt to divert criticism from the current regime.

I don't give a toss who was doing the team talk or who was cutting up the half time oranges. Under Oscar we were successful. Under Gus we were successful.

We now have a sheet squad recruited by a Burke and playing under a clueless sheet manager and we're heading for League 1.

I can only hope that TB's ego hasn't caught up with him and that he is prepared to get shot of "half a million" Barber, the Burke and the useless Finn before it is all too late. The clock is ticking.

This

& sadly most of the rest of the above

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
It was when they were doing a round up of the Championship. The arrival and debut goal of Darren Bent prompted the brief Brighton based chat, mainly from Luke Moore.

In short:
Bent to Brighton a good signing for both parties
Brighton have got into a cycle of losing key players and/or the manager every summer, and at some point that catches up with you.
Club is in a great position behind the scenes and fanbase is large and loyal; just needs to get it together on the pitch.

Yeah, for a Pompey fan he always has a good word for Brighton.

I think many of us could see that last season's play-off place was the remnants of Gus's strong squad on auto pilot with Oscar sensibly staying out of the way as much as he could. I'm convinced he would have struggled as much as Sami this year with quality like O'Grady and Gardner

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
if as they say he was running the team we could have offered him more and saved Sammi's wages surely or was/is that little bit of sense beyond them
or did'nt they like

That assumes that the boardroom knows what happens in the dressing room.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Possibly. I think Oscar seemed more tactically astute than Sami. More negative maybe - but I doubt we would have leaked goals in the same way.

Mid-table.

I've got such a mucky mind. All I can do is snigger at the double entendres and euphemisms and reference them to Mrs Garcia.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think many of us could see that last season's play-off place was the remnants of Gus's strong squad on auto pilot with Oscar sensibly staying out of the way as much as he could. I'm convinced he would have struggled as much as Sami this year with quality like O'Grady and Gardner

Agree with that, and he knew the struggle we would have had this season. His message was loud and clear in the manner of his departure.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think many of us could see that last season's play-off place was the remnants of Gus's strong squad on auto pilot with Oscar sensibly staying out of the way as much as he could.

Seeing as you were predicting us to miss the play-offs by some margin, I'm not sure you're fully entitled to make that claim of being able to see what was going on with the team.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
"...Stay with us even though Leicester can offer you lots more money and football in the Premiership". You've got to wonder why Upson chose them instead of us.

Hasn't he been injured all season? A bit like Bridge. These ex-England internationals in the twilight of their careers really shouldn't have their heads turned by the offer of more money or a place on the bench watching PL football.
I'm of the view that Sami's got five games. If he doesn't get two -- perhaps even three -- wins in those, he'll be off. Upson fits Bloom's profile. I was hugely impressed with him when here, whether it was acknowledging fans after the match, his performances, his reading of the game and the way he looked after himself -- he employed his own personal trainer to work through a plan to extend his playing career. I wouldn't be remotely disappointed if Sami has to go, and Bloom took a gamble on him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here