Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Garcia wasn't involved with the players and Upson ran the team/dressing room".

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I wondered how long after I made my post you'd come running out. You were slower than I thought. Probably a busy day at work for you.

I was merely indicating that the tale being discussed was something I'd heard previously.

Me too though the Upson bit's new n'est pas?

I think you may have left that "over-trained or Sami" quote in at the bottom to add to debate though so well done for click baiting me. Care to tell the class what you think personally?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
"...Stay with us even though Leicester can offer you lots more money and football in the Premiership". You've got to wonder why Upson chose them instead of us.

if as they say he was running the team we could have offered him more and saved Sammi's wages surely or was/is that little bit of sense beyond them
or did'nt they like

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
if as they say he was running the team we could have offered him more and saved Sammi's wages surely or was/is that little bit of sense beyond them
or did'nt they like

Or maybe he wanted to continue playing ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Me too though the Upson bit's new n'est pas?

I think you may have left that "over-trained or Sami" quote in at the bottom to add to debate though so well done for click baiting me. Care to tell the class what you think personally?

First bit: yes - I'd not heard that before.

Second bit: not at all. I was just being lazy with my copy and paste and not removing the bit that is irrelevant to this discussion. I have no idea what really went on with Garcia. It clearly didn't work out and I think the club probably weren't too bothered when he wanted to leave - it made it quite clean on both sides (relative to the Poyet affair).

You'd imagine lessons were learned from the Garcia appointment which were addressed when Hyypia was brought in, but that has introduced another problem as evidenced by the league table.

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
The whole manager not seeming to do a lot or talking to players thing is not restricted to us. If you talk to footabllers you'll find it's quite common - at all levels. Some won't see the manager all week until the team talk before kick off. I've spoken to pro footballers who have never had a conversation with their manager. Oscar may have been at the extremeties of this behaviour, but hey it's a results business for managers and by hook or crook we didn't do too badly under him. The club briefed against Oscar on this and hung him out to dry to counter his criticisms of how things were run at BHA.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The whole manager not seeming to do a lot or talking to players thing is not restricted to us. If you talk to footabllers you'll find it's quite common - at all levels. Some won't see the manager all week until the team talk before kick off. I've spoken to pro footballers who have never had a conversation with their manager. Oscar may have been at the extremeties of this behaviour, but hey it's a results for business for managers and by hook or crook we didn't do too badly under him. The club briefed against Oscar on this and hung him out to dry to counter his criticisms of how things were run at BHA.

now you are making them look very bad

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
What's wrong with titbit? I was allways titbit when I were a lad back in the days when God's dog was a puppy. There was even a best selling magazine of that name

View attachment 60608

This is one of the more Google friendly covers, many of the others were a bit racy for those time, they had LADIES in BIKINIS :ohmy:

I think tidbit was an American import, possibly one of the very first instances of political correctness

Consider me schooled - thanks Cadiz.

I shall be TITBITTING to my hearts content from now on.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
should have tried harder to keep Upson then
has he even played for Leicester

You can't blame the fella for wanting one last big payday before retiring.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What's wrong with titbit? I was allways titbit when I were a lad back in the days when God's dog was a puppy. There was even a best selling magazine of that name

View attachment 60608

This is one of the more Google friendly covers, many of the others were a bit racy for those time, they had LADIES in BIKINIS :ohmy:

I think tidbit was an American import, possibly one of the very first instances of political correctness
This.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You can't blame the fella for wanting one last big payday before retiring.

maybe so, but the draw of coaching/ managing a club that managed against all the odds to get into the play-offs for a second season on a row must surely have been tempting and he would have been playing each week unless he was injured
and playing in front of 30k as well

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
maybe so, but the draw of coaching/ managing a club that managed against all the odds to get into the play-offs for a second season on a row must surely have been tempting and he would have been playing each week unless he was injured

The only way he would do well out of it as a (player) manager/coach is a promotion bonus getting the club into the PL. The easy option is to sign a £30k per week deal knowing full well you'll make less than a dozen first team appearances.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Leicester's crowd was 32K on Tuesday night. As a player, he would get higher wages than an assistant coach or whatever.

If this news is true, it makes you wonder what influence Greer had in the dressing room?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A manager who rarely trained the players, was uncontactable on transfer deadline day and oversaw a regime where medical staff were ignored and players over-trained to the point of injury or Sami Hyypia?

Tough one that.
Yet Bloom wanted Oscar to stay.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I do hope Upson moves into management when his career comes to a close. He always came across as being very articulate and experienced and it would be a real pleasure if he were to return to the Albion one day in a coaching or management capacity.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Leicester's crowd was 32K on Tuesday night. As a player, he would get higher wages than an assistant coach or whatever.

If this news is true, it makes you wonder what influence Greer had in the dressing room?

the same influence he's having now i would say......the only one with any balls is bruno .....his head's gone as well......not good..!!
BRING BACK UPSON...!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here