Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Garcia wasn't involved with the players and Upson ran the team/dressing room".

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I'm not saying he did nothing but, in my simplistic view, if a manager is meant to manage the team, but isn't doing that, then the number two (i.e. Nathan Jones) should step up.

In Jones' defense, doesn't he do exactly that during matches whilst Sami sits idly by.
As we all know he spends an awful lot more time in the technical area than the manager so I don't think Jones can be accused of not getting stuck in.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
If we haven't got parachute payments and we are not willing to flout FFP then surely we have "shot our bolt" having once been as high as 8th highest budget? As things stand I doubt we will make the Premier League any time soon. I can live with that and ignore the PLR hype coming out of the club. It doesn't help that the recruitment policy seems to be a shambles though.

I am happy in the Championship and don't look forward to a potential return to League One or Two which is more likely than a rise to the Premier League at the moment.

Totally agree......

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we haven't got parachute payments and we are not willing to flout FFP then surely we have "shot our bolt" having once been as high as 8th highest budget? As things stand I doubt we will make the Premier League any time soon. I can live with that and ignore the PLR hype coming out of the club. It doesn't help that the recruitment policy seems to be a shambles though.

I am happy in the Championship and don't look forward to a potential return to League One or Two which is more likely than a rise to the Premier League at the moment.

The club won't be happy just staying in the Championship. We will lose shitloads of money just sitting in the champ every season. Our infrastructure needs at least occasional Prem football to sustain it. IMO.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
The club won't be happy just staying in the Championship. We will lose shitloads of money just sitting in the champ every season. Our infrastructure needs at least occasional Prem football to sustain it. IMO.

Surely then it follows that they have to get rid of Sami asap, clear to a blind man we won't get a sniff of the Premier League with him in charge, and the playing budget we have. Also, what money we have needs to be spent a lot more carefully than it appears to have been this summer. Can't think of anyone who has been a genuine success, either as a permanent signing or a loanee, surely by the law of averages, one or two would be consistently impressing. That none have speaks volumes about the recruitment team/process, and the management/coaching ability to motivate and get the best out of the players

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here