Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garcia: <redacted>

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Garcia: "our budget went down"

Well, that confirms what we already thought. The budget did go down, meaning that prices had gone up in order to the ensure that we conformed to FFP and that the budget remained the same. I haven't seen Tony Blooms interview.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 2m
Nice piece by @jonathanliew, but to clarify (as TB explains on Player) #BHAFC playing budget went up this season.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Well, that confirms what we already thought. The budget did go down, meaning that prices had gone up in order to the ensure that we conformed to FFP and that the budget remained the same. I haven't seen Tony Blooms interview.

BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 2m
Nice piece by @jonathanliew, but to clarify (as TB explains on Player) #BHAFC playing budget went up this season.

:laugh:

Jimmy Grimble

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Care to explain? Unless I am confused, we clearly haven't spent as much money as last year, meaning the budget has gone down?

Do you know the players individual wages, bonuses, signing on fees, agents fees, etc... then?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
To appease the fans. Gus found out about the significant budget drop in March and this caused the massive fall out.

Not buying that, Beef. Soz.

Seeing as they've worked on making the club more efficient, they can redirect money from other areas to the playing budget, so even though the overall budget has gone down, the playing budget has been increased, no?

That's what I inferred from it.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Care to explain? Unless I am confused, we clearly haven't spent as much money as last year, meaning the budget has gone down?

You can't understand that 'budget' and 'total spent' are two different things? I'm not sure we can explain it to you any clearer...

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011

Do you know the players individual wages, bonuses, signing on fees, agents fees, etc... then?

No. But surely it's clear that Bruno, Kuszczak, Bridge, Orlandi, Dobbie, Hammond, Crofts and Ulloa cost more than Keith Andrews, Ward, Agustien, Upson (who we were already paying a chunk of his wages for last season), Chicksen and Lita (on loan)?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
They're really not making it easy for the fans, are they?

You have the manager saying the budget has gone down in what was clearly a well-written and not a sensationalist interview piece. Then the club immediately deny this and say it went up. Who is not being truthful? They can't both be right.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No. But surely it's clear that Bruno, Kuszczak, Bridge, Orlandi, Dobbie, Hammond, Crofts and Ulloa cost more than Keith Andrews, Ward, Agustien, Upson (who we were already paying a chunk of his wages for last season), Chicksen and Lita (on loan)?

But we're paying those highlighted this season too.
Budget doesn't just mean transfer kitty. Our wage bill this season is much higher than last.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011

You can't understand that 'budget' and 'total spent' are two different things? I'm not sure we can explain it to you any clearer...

Who on earth is 'we'? As far as I'm concerned, Barber said that prices had gone up to ensure that our budget was the same as the last year, which it clearly isn't. You haven't explained anything to me, thank you very much.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

You have the manager saying the budget has gone down in what was clearly a well-written and not a sensationalist interview piece. Then the club immediately deny this and say it went up. Who is not being truthful? They can't both be right.

He says budget, not transfer budget. I believe he meant the clubs operating budget went down, which is not news. Barber and Bloom have said efforts were made to cut the budget elsewhere so the playing budget would remain unaffected.

???

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Who on earth is 'we'? As far as I'm concerned, Barber said that prices had gone up to ensure that our budget was the same as the last year, which it clearly isn't. You haven't explained anything to me, thank you very much.

Feels a little nasty now. Withdrawn.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Oscar (via the article) is referring to the overall budget. The club didn't deny what he said, it clarified, specifying that the playing budget (that is, one fraction of the overall budget) has increased.

This isn't new. It was said in the summer. Jobs were cut so the overall cost of running the club can come down without the playing budget suffering. This was all explained back in the third or fourth post.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

But it is about TOTAL playing budget, not just headline transfer fees.

Bruno, Kuszczak, Orlandi, Ulloa, Crofts, Andrews, CMS, Ward, Agustein, Upson, Greer, Calderon, Conway, Lua Lua, Bridcutt, Buckley, Ince and now Lita on loan.... that is a pretty HEFTY wages bill, IMHO.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011

But we're paying those highlighted this season too.
Budget doesn't just mean transfer kitty. Our wage bill this season is much higher than last.

Oh I see. Thank you. I assumed when Barber said the budget was the same that we'd be able to spend the same as last season.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011

But it is about TOTAL playing budget, not just headline transfer fees.

Bruno, Kuszczak, Orlandi, Ulloa, Crofts, Andrews, CMS, Ward, Agustein, Upson, Greer, Calderon, Conway, Lua Lua, Bridcutt, Buckley, Ince and now Lita on loan.... that is a pretty HEFTY wages bill, IMHO.

Didn't understand that. Thank you for explaining.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here