Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garcia: <redacted>

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Garcia: "our budget went down"

It's obvious our playing budget has gone down from last season. We bid £2 million for Virgil Van Dijk in January but our signings since Poyet left have been very much bargain bucket.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's obvious our playing budget has gone down from last season. We bid £2 million for Virgil Van Dijk in January but our signings since Poyet left have been very much bargain bucket.

If it's obvious, how come even the chairman insists on saying it's not gone down?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We are second (or joint second) behind QPR for possession and pass accuracy. Bit harder to measure chances.

The main difference between us and QPR is that they will generally score a goal and hold on for a 1 nil victory , we can't seem to get the ball in the net despite being the better side in most games.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't imagine Pulis or Warnock generating football copy that good.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

If we had matched Celtic's £2.5M bid and VVD signed for us the rest of the signings over the summer would have been from the lower leagues. Andrews , Ward , Lita and Conway wouldn't be here on loan as we would have blown most of the budget on one player. The only other way to bring in new players is to sell and replace.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If it's obvious, how come even the chairman insists on saying it's not gone down?

Is TB really going to lie outright? Not sure I believe he'd think we were that gullible and I have no reason to think he's a liar. Strange

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Seeing as they've worked on making the club more efficient, they can redirect money from other areas to the playing budget, so even though the overall budget has gone down, the playing budget has been increased, no?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Garcia: "our budget went down"

“But I am very proud of my team, because we are at the top of the stats for possession, passing accuracy and creating chances.”

really?

Balderdash, what we are top of is not scoring away for 70 days (& counting) a club record back to 1901 probably

dangull

Feb 24, 2013

Van Dijk has been getting great reviews at Celtic, its a pity we couldn't have payed that bit extra to buy him. If we had, there would have been a good chance we would be an EPL club this season.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Van Dijk looks too good for the hoops and will move somewhere bigger

yep, but if we had bought him, we could have been in the position to sell him for a big profit. Sometimes it may be worth gambling despite FFP. Surprised Bloom didn't see this with him being a gambler as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here