• In

Votes: 379 77.0%
  • Fence

Votes: 62 12.6%

• Total voters

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Oscar IN, even if we lose every match this season from here on in.

He needs to be given the chance of a full season break to build his own squad.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I wrote this season off after the Wigan game a few weeks ago, maybe it might be good thing if we lose on Saturday then he will have no excuse and can play attacking football with freedom and experiment slightly

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sometimes in life you need to take stock and realise when you're flogging a dead horse - So far this season we have failed to have any real impact on the top 6. So why do people think it will suddenly change in the last 9 games of the season? Let it go and move on in this case to next season and do a lot of the leg work now.

Who else is having an impact around us? Reading have 15pts from 10 games, Forest 7pts, Ipswich 17pts, Brighton 16pts.

It doesn't suddenly need to change, because the teams fighting for 6th are in the same boat as us, are picking up the same number of points as us. What do you think, all these other teams aren't in a similar struggle to us and winning every game?

Where were we last season you ask yourself!? 56pts after 37 games, 3 pts off 6th with a game in hand.....having just lost 2 on the trot to Bolton and Barnsley!!! After the Barnsley defeat exactly the same was said about making the top 6.

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
Who can Oscar bring in the tho to make such a difference we won't attract that many players he won't play two upfront so won't bring in a striker all this it's not his team ???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The bloke is a second rate poyet, the football is even more boring than under GP but at least he was a bit of a character. Based on our position oscar is fine but I can barely be bothered to go to the Amex these days, it's just a strange habit I can't break!

But Poyet was given vast amounts of money on fees and player wages eg £3.25m on league one CMS, Vicente's wages, large contribution to Bridge's high wages (hence the vast accounting losses, met yet again by TB). And yet we weren't much better off on the pitch if you look at the entire 2 GP championship seasons. Those money days are over for now due to FFP and so in fairness to Garcia we should remember the above.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
You'd think he'd have got it right by now, but another season is guaranteed and then we can see if he is any good.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We create more chances than the opposition in virtually every game, so although it may not be thrilling end to end stuff it's hardly negative.

This and this again. I swear people saw a different game to me on Saturday; we created more chances against Ipswich than we did against Bolton. The difference between winning 2-0 and losing 2-0 (or 1-0 tonight) is in the finishing, and there isn't a tactical genius in the world that can affect that from the touchline.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What more can he do? The football he has told the players to play has created tons of chances, the players aren't converting them. Leon best didn't score because of his manager did he?

I'm always willing to give a manager a whole season but our inability to find decent high scoring strikers in a reasonable number is worrying. I've no doubt that this isn't Oscar's fault but more likely Burke's. It needs sorting and sorting quickly.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Again, that's all cliche.

We have more money than last season, but don't let facts get in the way.

We have Ulloa, one of the most sort after strikers outside the premiership.

We have Lingard, one of the most promising young players from the premiership.

They would make a lethal partnership. That will never happen as Oscar plays with one striker, even though that striker (ulloa) is painfully not suited to that role.

IMO we have a better squad that Burnley. That's all I can say.

well thats speculative

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I agree with the poster who said the transfer window has cost us. When we went on that decent run in November and December, two of our best players were Barnes and Conway. Neither are now at the club and both were allowed to go to Championship rivals. Instead we have used short term loans as botch jobs and surprise, surprise it's cost us. There is still no sign of Hoskins or Mackail-Smith who should have reappeared by now.

Although Stephens looks a decent player, he's not a game changer like a decent striker would be, so I can't help thinking the Barnes money should have gone on a comparable striker. None of the players who joined in January and February have had any impact at all.

I don't know if it's Oscar or David Burke but our recruitment and transfer policy since Christmas has been very poor.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Lets face it any teams in the bottom half we struggle against and with out current goal scoring issue we will drop more points then we gain especially with the way the team is set up each match. There just aren't goals in the team at the moment

What do you mean there arent goals in the team at the moment , there has not been goals in the team all season . whats been done about it ? Oh we sold our second striker Barnes who has yet to be replaced . What a waste of a season we finished 4th last year , we look a long way off that team

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This and this again. I swear people saw a different game to me on Saturday; we created more chances against Ipswich than we did against Bolton. The difference between winning 2-0 and losing 2-0 (or 1-0 tonight) is in the finishing, and there isn't a tactical genius in the world that can affect that from the touchline.

Nope and we need to see what Oscar can do with a full preseason and more players of his choosing. I don't expect many out of contract players to be re-signed. It's going to be interesting to see what effect FFP has on players wages and signing on fees this summer. We COULD be in a very strong position given our style, our stadium, the season tickets sold and our carefully managed finances this season.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
This season was always going to be a season of transition and playing to the rules of FFP.
At the start of the season, I predicted and expected we would finish around 9th or 10th in the league.
Don't forget Oscar hardly had much of a pre-season with the club and then went onto get an awful run of injuries to key players.

Keep The Faith with Oscar.

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
Nope and we need to see what Oscar can do with a full preseason and more players of his choosing. I don't expect many out of contract players or be re-signed.

I just don't see who he can bring in that's going to make such a huge impact I hope he does tho

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Very frustrating season so many poor performers and missed chances. Maybe bad tactics but also the players haven't exactly played to their ability. Would give him another season and hope for a fee less injuries and so of the flair players actually turning up.

I would however like to see more passion from oscar less bs about how we played well and had chance after chance when we didn't. Also a bit more money spent on a serious push. So close last year and we ****ed it up.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I wrote this season off after the Wigan game a few weeks ago, maybe it might be good thing if we lose on Saturday then he will have no excuse and can play attacking football with freedom and experiment slightly

Garcia allowing freedom and experimenting , nah can't see it he just sets up not to lose

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I just don't see who he can bring in that's going to make such a huge impact I hope he does tho

More creative midfielders and some competition for Leo hopefully

carteater

IM fed up with threads like this saying: ITS ALL A BUNCH OF ****** BULL**** ALL OF IT, BLOOM OUT, BARBER OUT, OSCAR OUT ETC.

to be honest, I never thought this season would match last season because we had a much shorter pre season than other clubs, the squad is still in transition, the crushing end to last season, trying to cut back on losses. Also I feel that people have forgotten relegation fights in league one at the Withdean where if you went back in time and told fans back then that we would be competing in the top 10 in the championship in a new stadium in 3 years, they would think there would be more chance of pigs flying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here