Votes: 51 10.4%
  • In

Votes: 379 77.0%
  • Fence

Votes: 62 12.6%

• Total voters

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
To be honest, I know some games have been frustrating at times but they were under Poyet too. I don't really understand what OG has done wrong to deserve being sacked etc. Being 3points of the playoffs to the premier league with 10 or so games to go isn't a shabby record for a first season in charge...? Is it really that bad.

Spot on. But this is NSC, full of morons who want the manager sacked after 2 losses, some true idiots on here.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Okay so answer this question honestly. If we had the personal to play, do you think he would have played two strikers (as strikers)

If we start the next season with Ulloa, CMS, Hoskins, AN Other all fit, do you honestly believe that Oscar will play a striking partnership?

no and no

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Realistically top ten was always going to be the best we could hope for this year. Top marks to Garcia for keeping our hopes of a play off place alive.
I don't understand why people keep saying that.
We finnished 4th last season, one win away from 2nd place. ONE WIN!! Why have we suddenly become a top ten side! I say top 4.

The squad is stronger than last season IMO. Poyet cost us because of his lack of flexibility and Oscar IMO is the same. We could go on about injuries all day. But the formation has not changed, and I think although we have a top Championship squad, even if they were all fit, the formation would be the same. And they are not good enough for that formation.

The chairman was looking at top 6.... in public.... privately I bet he was wanting a lot higher than that!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I know it's your opinion and that, but it's just true, not even close.

Vicente, Bridcutt, Bridge, Barnes and Hammond have been replaced by Andrews, Agustien, Ward, Stephens and Rodriguez.

We've lost 5 top quality, some Premier League class, players and failed to replace them (finger of blame pointing at Burke)

We are significantly weaker than last season which just emphasises what a great job Oscar is doing.
Vicente hardly played for us, so I think you can count him out.
Bridge was a class act, but Ward is a better player for us this season tha Bridg would have beeb, when you consider his record at Reading.
Bridcutt is hard to ague, you can have that one.
Hammond I would say is more than adequately replaced by Stephens
And Barnes would not be used in this formaton when Ulloa is fit (he only played a couple with Ulloa).

Agustein looks a class act, but something is obviously not right with him and the management, and Spanish Rod is a striker playing as a winger!

So even if think that is not ture that we are stronger than last season, its certainly a lot closer than you give it credit for, if thats the best you can come up! We are certainly not significantly weaker as you claim. Far from it! And thats without me mentioning that last season we never had Ulloa and Upson until the end of January!!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Bridge was a class act, but Ward is a better player for us this season tha Bridg would have beeb, when you consider his record at Reading.

I know it is only one player, but it's always hard to know whether he would have been worse or better if he were still here - he's had injuries this season and it's not possible to know if he would have sustained the same injuries whilst with us.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I don't understand why people keep saying that.
We finnished 4th last season, one win away from 2nd place. ONE WIN!! Why have we suddenly become a top ten side! I say top 4.

The squad is stronger than last season IMO. Poyet cost us because of his lack of flexibility and Oscar IMO is the same. We could go on about injuries all day. But the formation has not changed, and I think although we have a top Championship squad, even if they were all fit, the formation would be the same. And they are not good enough for that formation.

The chairman was looking at top 6.... in public.... privately I bet he was wanting a lot higher than that!

I know we've been here before but you can't just dismiss the injuries. It is probably THE major reason we haven't quite broken into the top 6 for any length of time. Even now we are without Stephens, Hoskins, CMS, Orlandi and have to be very careful with the likes of Buckley. It's no coincidence that Burnley have been amazingly unaffected by injuries until recently. Where I do sort of agree with you is that we have had a knack over the last few seasons of making decent strikers - Wood, Vokes, Barnes, Lita etc - look very ordinary by the way we play which can be very frustrating. Assuming we don't succeed in the play offs this season it will be very interesting to see how we fare with a hopefully fitter squad next season. That will be the true test of OG, I think he has done as well as can be expected given the circumstances.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I know we've been here before but you can't just dismiss the injuries. It is probably THE major reason we haven't quite broken into the top 6 for any length of time. Even now we are without Stephens, Hoskins, CMS, Orlandi and have to be very careful with the likes of Buckley. It's no coincidence that Burnley have been amazingly unaffected by injuries until recently. Where I do sort of agree with you is that we have had a knack over the last few seasons of making decent strikers - Wood, Vokes, Barnes, Lita etc - look very ordinary by the way we play which can be very frustrating. Assuming we don't succeed in the play offs this season it will be very interesting to see how we fare with a hopefully fitter squad next season. That will be the true test of OG, I think he has done as well as can be expected given the circumstances.
If he stick to those tactics, expect more of the same. We have had the players. Even with the injuries, we have strikers on the bench. Injuries have not helped, but cannot be used as an excuse. Stephens was fit today, should have started. Kaz should have come on for Buckley. Lingard should be played as a striker. All down to one man, and if he won't change, the performances will not change. If it carries on like that next season, get used to the crowd at the end. They are the loyal supporters, and I can't see those walking out early continuing to come and watch that shit!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here