Gannon Approach Confirmed

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
He may be shit or he may be good but to be fair to him I'll give him at least 3 games before starting a Gannon Out poll

That many, ok, novell idea, might give it a try

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Right, yes, lovely, I see, so when after 5 games without a win, you'll be all over him like shit on a pig.

He isn't proven at all, in my view, no more than Mickey with us first time around.

In general, I am in favour because he seems pretty good, but some people seem to have very short memories in football, everyone was saying the same about McGhee and Adams, both who ended up as pathetic failures.

Eyes Open

"Word"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
, but some people seem to have very short memories in football, everyone was saying the same about McGhee and Adams, both who ended up as pathetic failures.

Eyes Open

McGhee was a pathetic failure? I have seen history re-written on NSC many times but I think that comment takes the biscuit :lol:

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Right, yes, lovely, I see, so when after 5 games without a win, you'll be all over him like shit on a pig.

He isn't proven at all, in my view, no more than Mickey with us first time around.

In general, I am in favour because he seems pretty good, but some people seem to have very short memories in football, everyone was saying the same about McGhee and Adams, both who ended up as pathetic failures.

Eyes Open

McGhee a pathetic failure?! After taking us up through the play-offs and then keeping us in the Championship (or whatever it wqas called then) with the club's budget a fraction of nearly all the others.

I would like more of that type of failure:love:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Not estatic, I fear for our short term future, I think we need someone with more experience and know how in the short term. We should be looking at this type of appointment if needs be in the summer.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He'd only moan about that, and how, after five attempts and no success, he'd want someone else in to do it for him, because he was so SHIT at it and clearly not up to the job in the first place.

You missed the bit about giving him a rating of 2 for being 'anonymous and TURD'

:thumbsup:

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
It appears he is a bit of a Stockport legend so may take some convincing to be dragged away from his beloved team.....still he is bothering to make the trip. If he turns us down how will No2 on the list feel when approached!!!!

We're not Man Utd you know.
I expect number 2 on the list will say "result, I've been out of work for 6 months and now I'm getting a job offer"

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We need to remember that in all probability we will have to buy out Gannon's contract and Peter Ward's - I have a very strong feeling that they will come as a pair (they played for Stockport together and started in management together there) and if we don't agree we will have to move on to plan B.

Assuming Gannon and Ward do come we will have to pay off Booker and White (after they have refused lesser positions).

Overall the cost of getting Adams out will tot up somewhere not far short of £1m.

Thank God for the Blooms

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
He'd only moan about that, and how, after five attempts and no success, he'd want someone else in to do it for him, because he was so SHIT at it and clearly not up to the job in the first place.

Nah, he's too busy wanking himself senseless over the thought of watching United tonight.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
We need to remember that in all probability we will have to buy out Gannon's contract and Peter Ward's - I have a very strong feeling that they will come as a pair (they played for Stockport together and started in management together there) and if we don't agree we will have to move on to plan B.

Assuming Gannon and Ward do come we will have to pay off Booker and White (after they have refused lesser positions).

Overall the cost of getting Adams out will tot up somewhere not far short of £1m.

Thank God for the Blooms

Be nice to see a 'Peter Ward' back at the Albion :clap2::clap2:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Thank f*** its not Ince

Really pleased if this is tied up tomorrow - new start and a bright future for the Albion. Well done Dick!

bhafc123

Feb 24, 2009
apprently he had a rowl with jim mc nulty according to stockport 606 so apprently mc nulty will leave

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
McGhee was a pathetic failure? I have seen history re-written on NSC many times but I think that comment takes the biscuit :lol:

Spot on there Icy.

I think Gannon would be a class appointment TBH, much more excited about him than I was of Ince/Boothroyd

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I don't think his record is that great and he does mouthe off a bit but I think he would be an interesting choice. If he comes I'll be behind him.

As has been said elsewhere it could be anyone no matter how big they are they can still mess it up. So gannon's as good as anyone and he is young and seemingly with potential.... if he doesn't let his mouth get him in to trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports