Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Fury Vs Wilder 3

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
i must admit if Fury and Wilder had embraced at the end i may have shed a tear , the dummy spit by Wilder has ditracted from his heroic performance as he took numerous big shots and stayed on his feet........a great performance marred by his petulance at the end which was extremely unfortunate as he had gained a fan up to that point.
I wouldn't be surprised if wilder has no recollection of fury even coming over to him after the punishment he took. I'll judge him on his words to the press afterwards.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I know Bunce likes to exaggerate but I really wish I’d watched this one.

Speaking on BBC Breakfast, Bunce added: "It is the best fight I have seen in the flesh and the best I have ever watched on film.”

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
that's what i was thinking but the weight and height difference would be ridiculous.
Weight yes, but Povetkin showed how to be an effective fighter for someone who is shorter/smaller.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Clueless am I. He was gutless against Ruisz, shit scared against Uysk, so yes pretty gutless performance's. Think fame and fortune have softened him up but was never a warrior like Fury anyway.

By the way, don't call me clueless, you know nothing about me but if you want to I'm happy to get acquainted.

To be honest I know everything I need to about you from that response! Offering someone out on a an internet messaging board :facepalm:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Sorry DJ but got to disagree with you on that, AJ has been nurtured on almost Frank Bruno proportions.

From day one they never had any intention of fighting Fury or Wilder because they knew the outcome, which would have made any rematch clause immaterial.

I went to Spurs this the other week, when the genie truly came out of the lamp, I actually called it in AJ’s ring walk which was a fusion between Kinnock at Sheffield in 1992 and Phil Taylor walking on at the darts.

Fury has one maybe two fights left, Usyk perhaps but I think first he will fight Whyte next spring at his beloved Manchester United.

Do you think AJ, himself, would duck a fight? I don’t think so. He’s a genuine warrior. His team might think otherwise though , I agree.

It’s hard to call when fury’s time is up. He says himself he will be very down when it’s all over. I reckon five more fights with the odd retirement in between.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It’s hard to call when fury’s time is up. He says himself he will be very down when it’s all over. I reckon five more fights with the odd retirement in between.

I did think that after I posted - I think there will be pressures from his family to call time sooner rather than later - but Fury says himself he needs something to focus on to avoid his depression so seems a bit catch 22

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I did think that after I posted - I think there will be pressures from his family to call time sooner rather than later - but Fury says himself he needs something to focus on to avoid his depression so seems a bit catch 22
Fury would/could make a great trainer/corner man.

Or why not set up his own boxing gym?

Plenty of options rather than stepping into the ring one more time.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Wilder.jpg:lolol:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

He’s still young for a heavyweight and hasn’t taken big punishment.

Expect a few years of retirement > comeback > retirement > comeback etc.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Fury would/could make a great trainer/corner man.

Or why not set up his own boxing gym?

Plenty of options rather than stepping into the ring one more time.

Or he could be a full time Dad. He has six kids and probably £10m in the bank to spend on each one.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didn’t watch it in full, so only going by every video clip:

Wilder’s bulk building meant he wasn’t bullied as much around the ring, but it delayed the almost inevitable.

His defence of his head is so poor, Fury never tires in that department, a great defence. Double the punches landed says it all.

Fury wasn’t devastatingly hurt by the knock downs. Wilder was possibly saved by the bell in his early knock down.

Fury really is a bear, with devastating punches, with Lennox Lewis two truly great heavyweights of the last 30 years.

Imho.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One of the great things about boxing is when all the trash talk before is put aside at the end of a great fight and both boxers give each other the credit they deserve for putting their lives on the line. Not the case with Wilder, his actions at the end show you everything you need to know about the man. i am sure it will be everyone else's fault again that he lost and not the fact that Furys just the better man. They could have 10 fights and the outcome would still be the same.

Wilder had a touch of the Palarse about him, he couldn’t take it. Cry babies :cry::cry::cry:.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Clueless am I. He was gutless against Ruisz, shit scared against Uysk, so yes pretty gutless performance's. Think fame and fortune have softened him up but was never a warrior like Fury anyway.

By the way, don't call me clueless, you know nothing about me but if you want to I'm happy to get acquainted.

That’s the undercard sorted

Sent from my very expensive gated community

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I just watched a couple of vids.

I could use :lol: so many times.

Wilder used to call him 'Pillow Hands' I recall. That shot in the 10th loft was well soft eh?

The cap.

Thinking his lord and savior.

Singing.

But. He conducts himself so well in those immediate post bout interviews. Polite, gracious, well spoken.

I'm glad he won and hope for some unifying fights.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
that's what i was thinking but the weight and height difference would be ridiculous.

Yeh, the two would look like they should be about 3 divisions apart.

I actually think Usyk would do pretty well. Quality fighter, but I don't see how he can take Fury down

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
But. He conducts himself so well in those immediate post bout interviews. Polite, gracious, well spoken.

I'm glad he won and hope for some unifying fights.

You’re right. But he does always win. However, I’ve a feeling he’d be gracious in defeat. As you say, he has three more belts to try abs collect now.

What I can’t stand is a lack of sportsmanship. Wilder is the worst type of sportsman. Hope he never wins again.

Last edited:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
He’s still young for a heavyweight and hasn’t taken big punishment.

Expect a few years of retirement > comeback > retirement > comeback etc.

I remember a time when Harry Carpenter uttered those immortal words “He’s won the title back at 32!” Zaire 1974, clearly heavyweights aged quicker back then 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here