Full national lockdown (not education) 4/11 - 1/12 possible

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I’ve said this since April - this is the biggest overreaction in the history of humanity, driven by the immediate, 24/7, hysterical media and compounded by the most incompetent leaders since royal families ran the world.
It will get ****ing worse too, imagine once we’re out of this, the media will be waiting for the next one like the ambulance chasing wankers they are.

True, if you ignore all the people who have died and occupied hospital beds you definitely have a point.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Difficult decisions being made on this across the continent.

I saw for myself the psychological deterioration in my daughter over those 6 months, and she’s a home bird. Experts mentioned always gregarious kids, suffering from depression at that time. Not to mention inequalities in home learning scenarios.

I’m glad you shared that Westy ...it’s another piece of the jigsaw that needs to be considered.

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
I'm a selfish prick. Seriously?? For wanting to spend Christmas day with my partner and our 2 kids at home both of whom are dealing with sexual abuse at the hands of their uncle. The same as we do every year. A 5 year old and 8 year old who are going through absolute hell and all I'm.asking is to have the christmas we have had for the last 3 years. I really do not see what is wrong with that. We have no other family and if that makes me a selfish prick I will live with it. Cheers

You are not selfish and virus wise it makes no difference to continue as before. So for you I would say go ahead. The outcome is not going to effect anything.

For me it’s odd. I read sage and then the government. The data is not 100% aligned. I have no issue with a two week lockdown. What difference will that make I am not sure.

I have vested interest. I have a wife that in 2014 was diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer and I wasn’t expecting to have her see 2015. She has had some brilliant private treatment and last scan. A Week ago showed no active decease. (It’s still there)!

What I worry about is how many of those 280 today actually died of Covid. I am sure not all of them. How many died because they had a positive Covid test, but died because other treatment was denied?

I don’t know but I am sure that it wasn’t the full 280.

I am all for keeping a risk to a minimum but concerned we are to focussed on Covid!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Thanks. It will be what it will be. It's the 4 of us. Tough times but as long as the kids come out of it with happy memories then it works for me

It’s all you can do. And it will make a difference. I’ll be working all over Christmas whatever the lockdown situation is so it doesn’t really affect me too much except that I’ll miss being around friends. I’ve only myself to look out for these days, family wise, so I can handle lockdowns fairly easily.
But listen, I hope it’s a great Christmas and you all enjoy yourselves, sounds like it’s much needed.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Ready for civil unrest and carnage to ensue as has been happening in France and Spain. Wonderful.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m glad you shared that Westy ...it’s another piece of the jigsaw that needs to be considered.

It took her many weeks to get back to the norm, after schools reopened.

Kids need the structure of a school week and day, the company of peers. There were happy stories of siblings getting on the best ever during Lockdown, but that wouldn’t be universal, some would be single kids, other siblings many years apart. Starring at a computer screen, perhaps with a teacher speaking live if lucky, was no substitute for real school ... on every level.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You are not selfish and virus wise it makes no difference to continue as before. So for you I would say go ahead. The outcome is not going to effect anything.

For me it’s odd. I read sage and then the government. The data is not 100% aligned. I have no issue with a two week lockdown. What difference will that make I am not sure.

I have vested interest. I have a wife that in 2014 was diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer and I wasn’t expecting to have her see 2015. She has had some brilliant private treatment and last scan. A Week ago showed no active decease. (It’s still there)!

What I worry about is how many of those 280 today actually died of Covid. I am sure not all of them. How many died because they had a positive Covid test, but died because other treatment was denied?

I don’t know but I am sure that it wasn’t the full 280.

I am all for keeping a risk to a minimum but concerned we are to focussed on Covid!

I think there are quite a large number of people who distrust the stats that are published....that and the focus just being on the headline and not the substance behind it

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It took her many weeks to get back to the norm, after schools reopened.

Kids need the structure of a school week and day, the company of peers. There were happy stories of siblings getting on the best ever during Lockdown, but that wouldn’t be universal, some would be single kids, other siblings many years apart. Starring at a computer screen, perhaps with a teacher speaking live if lucky, was no substitute for real school ... on every level.

Very much so...you add into that mix of kids from deprived backgrounds and unemployed parents ..the list goes on ..not sure that is represented by regular posters on NSC ...including me...but you have posted something that I havnt seen much of amongst the ‘debating’

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
When they talk about the NHS being over run, where is this? Because it hasn’t happened in the North where cases have peaked and plateaued. It hasn’t happened in the South.

And to the best of my knowledge they still haven’t used any of the Nightingale hospitals this time round either, all of which means we still have massive unused capacity.

And on a separate point of order. No one can sacrifice Christmas. Jesus was born, approximately 2020 years ago. Whether we have 20 people for lunch on Christmas Day or 6, thats still a fact.

I'm a selfish prick. Seriously?? For wanting to spend Christmas day with my partner and our 2 kids at home both of whom are dealing with sexual abuse at the hands of their uncle. The same as we do every year. A 5 year old and 8 year old who are going through absolute hell and all I'm.asking is to have the Christmas we have had for the last 3 years. I really do not see what is wrong with that. We have no other family and if that makes me a selfish prick I will live with it. Cheers

Your initial response came over as 'i'll do what i want'. You have just painted a situation which no one was asking you to change as you have a family group of 4 or am i missing something.

In my post i cited the case of an individual who believes its ok to flout the rules so he can have a bet and a drink in a pub, neither activity is essential and both can be easily substituted by online betting and getting alcohol from a supermarket.

Not sure how hard COVID has hit you but my wife was in ICU with it so people who think it is a joke or something to make light off need a reality check.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I'm a selfish prick. Seriously?? For wanting to spend Christmas day with my partner and our 2 kids at home both of whom are dealing with sexual abuse at the hands of their uncle. The same as we do every year. A 5 year old and 8 year old who are going through absolute hell and all I'm.asking is to have the christmas we have had for the last 3 years. I really do not see what is wrong with that. We have no other family and if that makes me a selfish prick I will live with it. Cheers

That sounds awful, but in terms of celebrating Christmas, 4 of you being together as immediate family hasn't been an issue re covid since day one, so why would it be an issue over Christmas?!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Your initial response came over as 'i'll do what i want'. You have just painted a situation which no one was asking you to change as you have a family group of 4 or am i missing something.

In my post i cited the case of an individual who believes its ok to flout the rules so he can have a bet and a drink in a pub, neither activity is essential and both can be easily substituted by online betting and getting alcohol from a supermarket.

Not sure how hard COVID has hit you but my wife was in ICU with it so people who think it is a joke or something to make light off need a reality check.

I was called a selfish prick for no reason though. True I didn't give numbers and the post maybe came across that way but the response was uncalled for from someone who just assumed what my post referred to

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Perhaps it’s because there seems to be a lot of people making instant judgemental remarks..not exclusive to NSC...the times we live in.

I trust your wife is now well

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I dont think that will happen in a lot of countries (at this point)... Spanish and French people are usually quite quick to take the streets.

If a full lockdown does happen, it will depend a lot on financial aspects. People won’t be anywhere near as well off as the first lockdown this time as many have been made redundant after furlough and hundreds of thousands more have lost jobs, so I would guess there will be a lot more unrest this time round.

And anyone who believes this lockdown would end early December - :facepalm: :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
At least we’ll have some live football to watch on the box this time. According to the EPL on 14th Oct:

CFC493F1-0F66-48C5-A84A-91B3654F66C3.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports