Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Full national lockdown (not education) 4/11 - 1/12 possible

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Whilst I am unsure if it can work,I cannot for the life of me see how this could be a selfish political move by Boris, hardly going to make him popular is it?

I’m no fan of Johnson at all, but it’s fairly evident he’s a policy taker rather than a policy maker.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
From a purely personal level on me alone . It hasn't affected me health wise . I don't know anyone who has died. Financially it hasn't really a affected me negatively. I have coped OK with " Lockdowns " although it has ruined my social life.

So for the most part I have not been drastically affected.

However, my situation is not normal.

If there is a risk that more people are going to die than need to then a National Lockdown is a must. Preservation of Life has to be the top priority.

I would sacrifice everything to preserve the life of all the people dear to me.

Economies and social lives and bank balances can all be rebuilt - Bringing people back to Life and their presence around you cannot.

If we need a National Lockdown again the so be it. Better that than the risk of losing people I am not prepared to risk losing.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Sorry of course for those horrible events and the effect on your loved ones.

Is there a threat to you four having a Christmas with presents, lights, a tree and nice food?

You could’ve done that in April, although it would’ve been odd, so you can shirley do that this Christmas.

Not according to HKFC I can't as it makes me a selfish prick for some obscure reason which I am sure he will furnish us with shortly as will the others who have waded in with both boots without the full facts

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
2. Nightingales: Simplistically, there are two resources constraints a health service has: things and people. Things - buildings, beds, PPE and ventilators etc can be resolved and, probably have. It takes years for highly-skilled ICU health professionals to be trained to the level required to deliver this critical care - there are very few shortcuts, particularly when nearly every country around needs their own people for their own hospitals.

it may take long training for general ICU covering many procedures, its a lot less for single treatment, a small set of procedures and short cuts permitted for emergency situations. they can pull in bank nurses, army and even medical students to cover these Nightingale hospital.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
As I’ve said elsewhere I wont be going to work then. If it is not safe for me to visit a non essential shop, or have a family member or friend over, then it cannot be safe to sit in an office. I work in public sector and can work from home, as much as employer wants people in the office.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
6 weeks ago...The same person says they have never been quieter at this time of the year.

6 weeks ago you say...

17th September: 3,395 cases / 21 deaths
Today: 24,405 cases / 274 deaths

So, cases up 718% and deaths up 1300% in those 6 weeks.

Head to the main Coronavirus thread and see what people were saying 6 weeks before we had close to 1,000 people dying every single day.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not according to HKFC I can't as it makes me a selfish prick for some obscure reason which I am sure he will furnish us with shortly as will the others who have waded in with both boots without the full facts

Your initial post wasn’t specific on numbers. You’d be aware that loads of idiots not on NSC were already saying “Fck It, we’ll have the full Xmas with large numbers of relatives, and I dare anyone to try and stop us”.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Your initial post wasn’t specific on numbers. You’d be aware that loads of idiots not on NSC were already saying “Fck It, we’ll have the full Xmas with large numbers of relatives, and I dare anyone to try and stop us”.

I have on the other hand made clear on many threads what my Christmas is. Selfish prick was a completely unwarranted insult in my opinion

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That seems a little thoughtless. The poster you quote did explain his situation in fairly shocking detail on the previous page. I know it is easy to miss these things when replying quickly to most recent quotes.

Yes. You clearly didn’t read my edit. Where I apologised because I hadn’t seen his explanation. The apology in my post you just quoted.

All good though :)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Bozza has hit the nail on the head the brick wall is nursing resources and the fact that if hospitals become full of COVID patients then the rest stops and its already been seen that this detrimental in its own right. The most recent figures show a significant rise in hospital cases as old generations are being hit and that means hospital cases. Depending who you read some hospitals in the north are there already.

But lets consider something else, someone's must have christmas, drink, football etc puts our medical people at risk and they won't be in a position to help anyone COVID or non-COVID...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, that is an argument. The counter to it is a second wave of the virus. There is a clear choice to be made and current policy of keeping education open at all costs has put teachers and parents in the firing line.

Difficult decisions being made on this across the continent.

I saw for myself the psychological deterioration in my daughter over those 6 months, and she’s a home bird. Experts mentioned always gregarious kids, suffering from depression at that time. Not to mention inequalities in home learning scenarios.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here