Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham winning. Brace! Brace!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Even if we get relegated he will be the manager next season. If you don’t like that go find another club as we don’t want to hear you moaning all next season as well.

If he doesn't like the manager, why shouldn't he say so. Others are quick enough to say that they like him, so what is wrong with reasonable debate. The club is more important than any manager. They are all just passing through. All replaceable. We are here for keeps.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Even if we get relegated he will be the manager next season. If you don’t like that go find another club as we don’t want to hear you moaning all next season as well.

I’m entitled to my opinions.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

If we do go down, who’s looking forward to a season in the Championship with Potter at the helm?

Hmm, I wonder how many of our ‘ saleable’ players will still be with us if we go down.
I wouldn’t look forward to a season in the Championship, full stop. What a waste of all the sweat and tears of the past few seasons.
Under Potter? I just can’t take to him.
Call me old fashioned, but I like a manager who shows some passion and puts a few f—ks into things when necessary. I wonder what Mullers would say if we had a home record like ours? No teeth sucking, more like knocking a few out, and oh for a leader like Nobby Horton on the pitch. He knew how to take penalties, as well.:)

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

I’m sure that if we go down Potter will be given the chance to take us back up. However, if at say the mid season point we are languishing in mid table I think they’ll be questions being asked.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I’m sure that if we go down Potter will be given the chance to take us back up. However, if at say the mid season point we are languishing in mid table I think they’ll be questions being asked.

And that’s totally fine I would be asking questions myself.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
What is an incredibly freak final 11 games?
We have United and Chelsea away ( defeats ) City home ( defeat )...That leaves 8 games. Everton at home will be difficult and another likely defeat. So 7 games to take 12 points. As already stated, how are we going to win 4 out of 7 or only lose 1 out of 7?

you're panicking, deep breaths

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Jesus Christ just because he has a different view to a super fan like you

It’s not about having a different opinion or being a super fan. It’s the absolutely relentless posting in every thread having a dig at the manager who we all know is going to be here long term.

He/she doesn’t even have the intelligence to construct a decent argument it’s just snidely little sarcastic posts. My view is that type of posting is so annoying. I am allowed a view too right?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

It really is deja vu, isn't it? Two years ago we all (or nearly all) thought exactly the same about Chris Hughton!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He/she doesn’t even have the intelligence to construct a decent argument it’s just snidely little sarcastic posts.

Personally I believe the league table, our form, the total lack of serious progression under Potter, the regression of most of our major stats other than passing under his reign, the failure to adapt when it’s obvious things aren’t working, the total lack of a plan B which isn’t just “plan A with different players”, the wretched home form, the failure to beat any of the team around us this season home or away bar Newcastle and the fact he’s been consistently out thought and out manoeuvred by such tactical geniuses as Sam Allardyce and Roy Hodgson make the arguments for me.

Potter was sold to us as fans as being someone who is some sort of tactical maestro, capable of adapting an approach mid-game who could provide us with a welcome turnaround from the last few desperate months under Chris Hughton and make us a top 10 side (the club’s words, not mine). Thus far he hasn’t shown he can change tactics mid-season, let alone mid-match.

Chris Hughton earned a right to a chance because he achieved tangible things with the club (promotion and an FA Cup semi-final). What has Potter done to earn a similar right other than “we keep the ball more”?

That “intelligent” enough for you, or are you just going to continue to hurl insults around because people disagree with you?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Hmm, I wonder how many of our ‘ saleable’ players will still be with us if we go down.
I wouldn’t look forward to a season in the Championship, full stop. What a waste of all the sweat and tears of the past few seasons.
Under Potter? I just can’t take to him.
Call me old fashioned, but I like a manager who shows some passion and puts a few f—ks into things when necessary. I wonder what Mullers would say if we had a home record like ours? No teeth sucking, more like knocking a few out, and oh for a leader like Nobby Horton on the pitch. He knew how to take penalties, as well.:)

Nobby Horton type is exactly what we are missing at the moment. Gross is too slow, Trossard has lost his way after 1 good game which was lost against Manure and he just cannot tackle and at the moment Bissouma's form has nosedived. GP needs to try something different. Maybe play a natural winger or LB would be a start

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
We are going down. Prepare yourselves. Personally, when we go down I want Potter fired but I'm willing to accept one opportunity to bring us back up, and, yes, I understand it's not up to me and I won't be consulted.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
It really is deja vu, isn't it? Two years ago we all (or nearly all) thought exactly the same about Chris Hughton!

The difference between then and now is that I would have been very confident of Hughton getting us back, whereas I wouldn't be at all confident Potter could assist an old lady safely across the road,

he looks like a pasty faced loser at the moment.

Lovely football though. :shrug:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The difference between then and now is that I would have been very confident of Hughton getting us back, whereas I wouldn't be at all confident Potter could assist an old lady safely across the road,

Been learning loads though, sadly hasn't passed this onto the team

What is an incredibly freak final 11 games?
We have United and Chelsea away ( defeats ) City home ( defeat )...That leaves 8 games. Everton at home will be difficult and another likely defeat. So 7 games to take 12 points. As already stated, how are we going to win 4 out of 7 or only lose 1 out of 7?

Lets face it we are basically back to hoping Fulham have a worse run in than us - now level on points, we have a game in hand but its against Chelsea so means nothing really.
We could end up setting a record for the lowest points staying up - about 32 by my calculations

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Personally I believe the league table, our form, the total lack of serious progression under Potter, the regression of most of our major stats other than passing under his reign, the failure to adapt when it’s obvious things aren’t working, the total lack of a plan B which isn’t just “plan A with different players”, the wretched home form, the failure to beat any of the team around us this season home or away bar Newcastle and the fact he’s been consistently out thought and out manoeuvred by such tactical geniuses as Sam Allardyce and Roy Hodgson make the arguments for me.

Potter was sold to us as fans as being someone who is some sort of tactical maestro, capable of adapting an approach mid-game who could provide us with a welcome turnaround from the last few desperate months under Chris Hughton and make us a top 10 side (the club’s words, not mine). Thus far he hasn’t shown he can change tactics mid-season, let alone mid-match.

Chris Hughton earned a right to a chance because he achieved tangible things with the club (promotion and an FA Cup semi-final). What has Potter done to earn a similar right other than “we keep the ball more”?

That “intelligent” enough for you, or are you just going to continue to hurl insults around because people disagree with you?

He wasn’t out thought by Hodgson or Alladyce. Both results were ridiculous examples of how sport isn’t about the better team winning. The very thought is hilarious given they were both battered and survived only through some ridiculous profligacy in front of goal. You’re entitled to your opinion but calling what happened in those games tactical genius is completely potty!

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

It’s sad when it gets down to personal dislike. He was given the job by our owner. I have no doubt he’s doing his best. That might not be good enough but to run down the man appointed by the club to manage the team is really sad.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Posters like you drive me crazy. Was it the managers fault that we couldn’t finish multiple chances against Palace? Was it the managers fault that we missed TWO penalties, was it the managers fault that the keeper flaps at a cross that costs us a point yesterday.

Our manager has set us up to win games the players have let him down spectacularly. If you can’t see that you don’t understand football.
Posters like you drive me crazy. Let’s be honest I can’t remember the Palace keeper making any world class saves, penalties are missed because confidence is low and the players don’t believe in themselves I would say that’s the managers department.

Yes RS made a mistake and so did the manager with piss poor substitutions and tactics second half.

In your world no manager would ever get sacked and just finger point at players and say it’s not my fault player X missed three chances :shrug:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
"I thought the iceberg did well to be honest - but it's still a tough one to take. But we'll learn the lessons and move on as a group. "

attachment.php

Fulham may have holed us today but not below the waterline. Yet.

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-03-07T17-25-56.398Z.png

Anyone can beat Liverpool.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here