Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham winning. Brace! Brace!

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Posters like you drive me crazy. Let’s be honest I can’t remember the Palace keeper making any world class saves, penalties are missed because confidence is low and the players don’t believe in themselves I would say that’s the managers department.

Yes RS made a mistake and so did the manager with piss poor substitutions and tactics second half.

In your world no manager would ever get sacked and just finger point at players and say it’s not my fault player X missed three chances :shrug:

What’s the keeper making a world class save or not got to do with it? The problem is getting our chances past the keeper, him not making a world class save is simply further confirmation we aren’t very good at shooting. Who knew? :shrug:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He wasn’t out thought by Hodgson or Alladyce. Both results were ridiculous examples of how sport isn’t about the better team winning. The very thought is hilarious given they were both battered and survived only through some ridiculous profligacy in front of goal. You’re entitled to your opinion but calling what happened in those games tactical genius is completely potty!

They realised sitting back and hitting us works, and both teams executed that game plan perfectly. That’s the tactical nous Premier League level managers are expected to provide.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Posters like you drive me crazy. Let’s be honest I can’t remember the Palace keeper making any world class saves, penalties are missed because confidence is low and the players don’t believe in themselves I would say that’s the managers department.

Yes RS made a mistake and so did the manager with piss poor substitutions and tactics second half.

In your world no manager would ever get sacked and just finger point at players and say it’s not my fault player X missed three chances :shrug:

Not at all, when we lost 5-0 to Bournemouth and the lost to Cardiff playing dreadful football I said Hughton should go. Some of the performances under him towards the end were embarrassing (Wolves, Spurs away, Newcastle at home first half)

We are a million miles from that level of performance and attitude.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
They realised sitting back and hitting us works, and both teams executed that game plan perfectly. That’s the tactical nous Premier League level managers are expected to provide.

It’s not tactical nous getting away with one! :lolol:

Conceding 2 pens is tactical nous now. Well, at least I’m having a chuckle from these boards today at least.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What is an incredibly freak final 11 games?
We have United and Chelsea away ( defeats ) City home ( defeat )...That leaves 8 games. Everton at home will be difficult and another likely defeat. So 7 games to take 12 points. As already stated, how are we going to win 4 out of 7 or only lose 1 out of 7?

That assumes that Fulham only take 12 points.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Posters like you drive me crazy. Was it the managers fault that we couldn’t finish multiple chances against Palace? Was it the managers fault that we missed TWO penalties, was it the managers fault that the keeper flaps at a cross that costs us a point yesterday.

Our manager has set us up to win games the players have let him down spectacularly. If you can’t see that you don’t understand football.
No manager misses a shot or a penalty. That is not their job. Yet managers get sacked all the time. It his job to get results amongst other things.
He isnt getting them.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
1AE124F1-D095-478D-91F0-5D97D3B501F7.jpeg

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Not at all, when we lost 5-0 to Bournemouth and the lost to Cardiff playing dreadful football I said Hughton should go. Some of the performances under him towards the end were embarrassing (Wolves, Spurs away, Newcastle at home first half)

We are a million miles from that level of performance and attitude.

The Bournemouth game felt like the beginning of the end for Chris. The team had given up in that game and seemingly had no answers.

At the moment the team starts like Barcelona, but we finish games like Ackrington Stanley letting a giant killling in the cup slip out of their hands. The next two games will either galvanise the dressing room or we may see frustrations spill out.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Personally I believe the league table, our form, the total lack of serious progression under Potter, the regression of most of our major stats other than passing under his reign, the failure to adapt when it’s obvious things aren’t working, the total lack of a plan B which isn’t just “plan A with different players”, the wretched home form, the failure to beat any of the team around us this season home or away bar Newcastle and the fact he’s been consistently out thought and out manoeuvred by such tactical geniuses as Sam Allardyce and Roy Hodgson make the arguments for me.

Potter was sold to us as fans as being someone who is some sort of tactical maestro, capable of adapting an approach mid-game who could provide us with a welcome turnaround from the last few desperate months under Chris Hughton and make us a top 10 side (the club’s words, not mine). Thus far he hasn’t shown he can change tactics mid-season, let alone mid-match.

Chris Hughton earned a right to a chance because he achieved tangible things with the club (promotion and an FA Cup semi-final). What has Potter done to earn a similar right other than “we keep the ball more”?

That “intelligent” enough for you, or are you just going to continue to hurl insults around because people disagree with you?

So much wrong with that:

In his first season he improved every meaningful stat, points, goals, away wins, results against top teams. More points in his first attempt than Hughton managed in two. Now he’s not even alllowed to finish a second season without fans calling for his head.

He wasn’t outthought by Roy or Sam. We absolutely dominated the games, created loads of chances and just couldn’t score. Had we created nothing you may have a point but we battered them. I cannot accept it is the manager fault that two players miss penalties and the referee disallows a perfectly good goal.

Also the top ten aspiration was a long term one, he hasn’t even had two season yet. If after 4/5 years we are still on this position I will agree with you. Had we won the Palace, Villa and WBA games which on another day we could easily have done we would be challenging for top ten this season. Ok we didn’t but we are not that far away.

You mention Hughton who I have so much respect for but the type of performances he was responsible for at the end of last season were unacceptable no matter how much credit is in the bank. Wolves away, Spurs away and Newcastle at home first half were disgraceful anti football performances. We are a million miles from those level of performances

What irritates me the most is how reactionary you are. Three games ago we on our longest ever unbeaten run in the PL, has just had some of the biggest wins in our history and everything is great. We lose three games at least two of which any right minded fan would concede we never should have lost and suddenly the manager should be gone. It’s ridiculous short term thinking, three games FFS.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s not tactical nous getting away with one! :lolol:

Conceding 2 pens is tactical nous now. Well, at least I’m having a chuckle from these boards today at least.

They were fortunate we missed our penalties, it doesn’t mean the tactics were wrong. It was up to us to force things with a Plan B and spectacularly failed.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
What is an incredibly freak final 11 games?
We have United and Chelsea away ( defeats ) City home ( defeat )...That leaves 8 games. Everton at home will be difficult and another likely defeat. So 7 games to take 12 points. As already stated, how are we going to win 4 out of 7 or only lose 1 out of 7?

Based on above we have 7 games worth points. Lets say we get 10 points, hard but do-able. That's 36 in total
Newcastle need 10 from 11 games but have a far easier run in. Losses to Spurs (H), Leicester (A) & Man City (H) that leaves 10 from 8 games. Losing away to us and Fulham leave 10 from 6, still do-able looking at their games. On the other hand beat us, Fulham & Sheff Utd (H) and they're almost safe.
Fulham need 11 from 10. Right off Man City (H), Chelsea (A) & Man Utd (A) leaves 11 from 7. Minimum 3 wins 2 draws against Leeds, Villa, Wolves, Arsenal, Burnley, Saints or Newcastle.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In 2021
Brighton P10 pts 13
Fulham P11 pts 12

With 11 games left for us, 10 for Fulham, not sure why anyone would make any real assumptions?

Newcastle are P11 pts 7...

Current form - Fulham 11 from 18, us 5 from 18.

5live said today that on form Fulham have the best defence in the entire EPL. That’s a huge plus at the bottom, where clubs like Fulham and Brighton really struggle to score.

My wild estimate of the chances of relegation would be:
Burnley 10%
Newcastle 30%
Brighton 30%
Fulham 30%

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Need City to beat Fulham in their next game & us get minimum 4 points from our next 2. Anything less & you look ahead at the fixtures & struggle to see how we can make it to the needed 38+ points

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What irritates me the most is how reactionary you are. Three games ago we on our longest ever unbeaten run in the PL, has just had some of the biggest wins in our history and everything is great. We lose three games at least two of which any right minded fan would concede we never should have lost and suddenly the manager should be gone. It’s ridiculous short term thinking, three games FFS.

If you want to play the “long term” game we have won two games at home in fifteen months, and only won 8 games in the last 45 in the league. Our unbeaten run was primarily draws against teams around us in the league (Aston Villa, Burnley, Fulham (twice), Sheffield United), games which I personally wouldn’t want to crow about not losing.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
If you want to play the “long term” game we have won two games at home in fifteen months, and only won 8 games in the last 45 in the league. Our unbeaten run was primarily draws against teams around us in the league (Aston Villa, Burnley, Fulham (twice), Sheffield United), games which I personally wouldn’t want to crow about not losing.

That just wrong, totally wrong.

Our unbeaten run was

Leeds win
Fulham draw
Spurs win
Liverpool win
Burnley draw
Villa draw

I give up.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That just wrong, totally wrong.

Our unbeaten run was

Leeds win
Fulham draw
Spurs win
Liverpool win
Burnley draw
Villa draw

I give up.

You’re right, I missed the Arsenal loss in the list (a true Potter masterclass that was too). Still, we drew with Burnley and Fulham! What an achievement!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Fulham saw that they weren’t scoring goals. Invested in the transfer window. Have a manager that seems to be able to motivate his side. And hey presto.

Us on the other hand...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here