Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fulham may move for Buckley

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
With the FFP coming into play, it might be a sensible move to cash in on our more expendable players...

I would normally agree with that, but in this instance, NO WAY does Buckley come under the heading "expendable"

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Swansea offered £5m for him in January.

If we could get that offered again, I think we'd take it.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
£3m or more and I'd be happy.

Fairly injury prone and overrated by Brighton fans.

Agreed. I'd say he is more inconsistent than overrated though.

Awesome 1st season at the Amex, very average last season (when he was fit).
So... 4m+ and we can bring back Bennett.

Bennett or Buckley? Bennett.

IMHO if Buckley moves it will be to CPFC to replace Zaha if they beat Watford.

Are you on crack? Or just a bit simple?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
We could do a BOGOF and offload lualua while where at it, that way freeing cash and getting a winger with more presence than those 2.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
@BensGrandad - Going to either Watford or Palace in the EPL is still a sideways (or even a backwards move) in the long run. Lets face it whichever team goes up they are coming straight back down. The only players either team will be buying are journeyman cloggers and cast-off youth players from the top five/six teams.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Good luck to them on that then. Buckley is a decent player, but not consisten or fit enough for the premiershite

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Wrong again, it must be difficult continually being wrong. This has not been suggested by any experts or site it is just a view that I hold that could possibly happen.

From www.football-rumours.co.uk

17 May 2013 13:16:33
If palace are promoted, they are likely to sign Brighton winger Will Buckley in order to fillets hole left by Wilf's absence

So yes, it has been suggested on that wonderful site. And as for the childish comeback of me being 'continually wrong', may I remind you that it is you who has many times referred to the aforementioned site (on which almost everything posted is wrong) and you who have suggested that we would willingly sell one of our stars (and he would willingly go) to our greatest rivals.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I missed that on football rumours so I apologise for my error but I do think it could happen and the fact that they are our rivals doesnt enter into it if they are in the Premier and we get an acceptable price. Players have moved between the two clubs in the past and will in the future.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd be most sorry to see the back of Buckles, probably like so many fullbacks do too. His touch and his crossing are both great and he has his sly little bursts of pace with the occasional flick are on occasion immaculate and obscene. Ideally his full fitness will have returned and he has the confidence to absolutely tear at defences again. I don't want him gone and to give up his sublime love-affair with the silky baldness of the Bruno. They're a killer pair.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
No it isn't, a lot of people feel the same.

He isn't irreplaceable, £4million minimum price for me too. I would rather we kept him, obviously, but if we choose to sell we should get the best possible fee.

There isn't a player anywhere who is not irreplaceable so that is stating the bleeding obvious.
@Mustafa said £3 million plus and you said £4 million minimum 'too' so what is it?
To get the best possible fee is stating the bleeding obvious.
And how many is this 'lot of people feel the same'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here