Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Froch v Groves

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
A world class fighter of which there are few at the moment is someone like Andre Ward and Floyd Mayweather, to me Froch is a good class European fighter who has struggled at the very top class i.e. against Ward and a tip top Kessler. Saturdays fight in the old days would be a European & British title fight and it is a bit cheap classing it as a World title when Froch lost in the Super 6 and against Ward. Too many belts dilute the quality and whilst I'm looking forward to the scrap it is not a true World title fight and Froch is not a true World champ until he beats Andre Ward, if he does that then he deserves to be called World Class.

I suppose it depends on what you define as a world class fighter. Personally I see anyone who is regularly challenging the world level fighters and has a good record against them as world class. The governing bodies do wind me up as often you end up with paper champions who have not earned their belts (Nathan Cleverly, Senchenko - both exposed when faced with world level opponents).

In my book you have a select few fighters who are elite, or effectively above world level. FMJ, Andre Ward and Guillermo Rigondeux are my 3 pound for pound, all unbeatable at their weights. Apart from that I think in most divisions bar cruiserweight and heavyweight we have a massive melting pot of world level fighters. Especially at middleweight and super middle.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Being called world class used to mean something . sadly I think those days over Blame the promoters

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I've had SSN on most of the day so far and these two are beginning to really get on my tits. They epitomise everything I hate about boxing. Like a pair of little school children "my dads bigger than your dad"

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
.Does anyone think Froch looks and acts like Finchy in the Office?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

What's Frochs obsession with Groves breath all about? I thought they were going to box each other not snog each other.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Could not be less interested in this fight and I normally like boxing.

Think both are first class pricks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here