Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Froch v Groves

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thought Froch was spot on with his post-match comments. The referee DID do well to stop it before Froch got what he called a 'free shot'. Maybe it did save Groves' career, not to mention his future well-being. Groves will maybe one day come to acknowledge that. Thought also that Froch's gracious comments about Groves being poised to make the next step up were spot on also.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Robert Smith last night said he the referee was right so with an idiot like that in charge I doubt it. Too many Matchroom fights ending in dubious decisions now for my liking

The Burns fight is an example.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Burns fight is an example.

That was a ridiculous decision and makes you think that boxing must be corrupt. This was not in that league. The ref, and bearing in mind it was a world title fight, should have given Groves the extra time but it may have been worse for him if he had. Officials get it a bit wrong at times.........but last nights decision was made with a young fighters welfare at stake and wasn't crooked.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Thought Froch was spot on with his post-match comments. The referee DID do well to stop it before Froch got what he called a 'free shot'. Maybe it did save Groves' career, not to mention his future well-being. Groves will maybe one day come to acknowledge that. Thought also that Froch's gracious comments about Groves being poised to make the next step up were spot on also.

Listen 'ere H, we'll have none of your considered, pro-Froch, jiggery-pokery on this thread. Oh no siree Bob.

You HAVE to admit that not only is he a useless fighter; he's a bleedin' NORTHERNER (ish) to boot! How VERY dare him (x2).

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
As Mrs Groves said ringside: Leave it George, he ain't wurf it!

Crivens! I hope Mr F's better 'alf didn't resort to a bit o' terrifying handbaggery against the lovverleeeeeeee young cupple. Them East Midland bints get a few pints of brew down their necks & don't care who they hit. Rumour has it that Carl used to spar with her of an afternoon, but kept gettin' all manner of 'glamour footware' embedded in his bonce - before getting finished off with a barrage of glass ashtrays. He'd have been safer training with a 'roided-up, gun-totin' MMA nutjob!

Scary scenes.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
That was a ridiculous decision and makes you think that boxing must be corrupt. This was not in that league. The ref, and bearing in mind it was a world title fight, should have given Groves the extra time but it may have been worse for him if he had. Officials get it a bit wrong at times.........but last nights decision was made with a young fighters welfare at stake and wasn't crooked.

You look at the snide look on the refs face as he stopped that fight. He blatently knew he was in the wrong pulling Groves out who could easily have been fine after shortly after and Hearn is totally bent as per the Ricky Burns fight. I smell stinking fish.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

What a complete and utter pile of nonsense. Froch did his reputation a massive amount of damage with that diatribe after the fight. He got humiliated in the ring, won because his opponent was cheated, and then showed zero grace. BOOED during his talk and out of the Arena , says it all.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Did froch take 5, 6, 7 shots in a row before turning his back and leaving a free shot?

Did GG?

Thats why it was stopped. Its the rules of boxing. Froch got knocked down but got straight back up and always offered a shot back...

Did GG deserve to lose like that? No and he would have won on points... GG will learn from this. Froch will hopefully agree a rematch because its what the fans want and it was a great fight to watch.

The score cards only had Gg one round up so pretty likely froch points win IMO .

Scoring in this country is becoming a but farcical.

Pretty sure last nights cards will of 100% confirmed to ward that any future fight with froch would be in the u.s

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
The score cards only had Gg one round up so pretty likely froch points win IMO .

Scoring in this country is becoming a but farcical.

Pretty sure last nights cards will of 100% confirmed to ward that any future fight with froch would be in the u.s

its worse in america, looks at cj ross! lol

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Froch has two choices...retire or a rematch.. Groves proved his quality, I guess after recovery time it could be an outside big venue for the rematch..

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Froch HAS to give Gorgeous George a rematch, otherwise his whole credibility as a boxer till be tarnished

Oh I think they'll be a (highly lucrative) rematch all right. A huge venue (eg Old Trafford) after the footy season ends would seem to be on the cards. As brilliant as Groves was t'other night, I do wonder if his best chance of stopping Froch has already come & gone? It wouldn't surprise me, but it'll be fascinating to see how both men behave in the build up after all the bad-mouthing that went on: & whether the path of any future fight may change if both fighters display a new-found respect for one another over the ensuing weeks & months.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here