Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fresh delays at falmer?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
It says December AT THE EARLIEST. I am sure there will be penalty clauses if it were not built within a specified period, but surely there will have to be a realistic period of time necessary to build it in time for the start of the 2010/11 season.

MK Dons built by Buckingham Group in less time than if we start in December would be ready well in time for opening game of 2010 season

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
So basically its Naylor's fault that Perry has come out with a statement saying that there is going to be further delays.

So, what is his job then....ignore it and then have somebody write a letter to the argus saying that they missed an important announcement?

Sometimes I think in the same way Naylor looks for stories ( his job) you guys look to critisise everything he writes.

Personally it doesnt surprise me that there is a delay and if we move into the new stadium before the Olympics in 2012, I will be absolutely amazed.

It wasnt Naylor that wrote the article

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
You really - only a complete SPANNER would claim that delays before building work has even STARTED is a good thing! :D

I couldn't give two hoots if you know people or have any information about the project. Currently, there's been f***-ups galore all along the process, and we still haven't started building yet. It's a shambles, and i've voicing my concern about the future stages of the process. :thumbsup:

Your concerns being what ?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
You really - only a complete SPANNER would claim that delays before building work has even STARTED is a good thing! :D

I couldn't give two hoots if you know people or have any information about the project. Currently, there's been f***-ups galore all along the process, and we still haven't started building yet. It's a shambles, and i've voicing my concern about the future stages of the process. :thumbsup:

Are you Andy Murray in disguise?

You're so negative...I reckon you'd be the only person sitting in the new stadium moaning that you're not getting wet because you've got a cover over your head!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It wasnt Naylor that wrote the article

ooops

substitute Naylor for any other Argus reporter that is currently the whipping boy of Brighton fans

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Are you Andy Murray in disguise?

You're so negative...I reckon you'd be the only person sitting in the new stadium moaning that you're not getting wet because you've got a cover over your head!

Sounds about right!:D

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
MK Dons built by Buckingham Group in less time than if we start in December would be ready well in time for opening game of 2010 season

If we start in December then we should be fine I agree, but it says December at the earliest. Plus, did MK Dons face similar potential pitfalls? i.e. Redistribution of chalk, access, constricted building hours etc. etc.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
If we start in December then we should be fine I agree, but it says December at the earliest. Plus, did MK Dons face similar potential pitfalls? i.e. Redistribution of chalk, access, constricted building hours etc. etc.

Restrictions on hours were tighter

The chalk removal won't take long as long as we can dump it on the field next door.

only 7,500 lorry loads :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Programme :
Tender return date May 2008. Start September 2008. Completion third quarter 2010. Length of works 24 months.

Contract :
Design & Build contract

GREAT post sir - some good solid stuff in there :clap:

At the very least it does show that thing are on the move. Shame the club couldn't have been a bit more forthcoming than yourself tho. Why does that stuff have to be DUG out of tinternet? ???

Bit worried about the above quoted section tho. Absolutely ZERO contingency in there. Slightest flood, drought, sighting of a badger, demo by crusties etc etc and the club don't make the start of 2010/11 season. Lucky we got Withdean booked for that season just in case :lol:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
GREAT post sir - some good solid stuff in there :clap:

At the very least it does show that thing are on the move. Shame the club couldn't have been a bit more forthcoming than yourself tho. Why does that stuff have to be DUG out of tinternet? ???

Bit worried about the above quoted section tho. Absolutely ZERO contingency in there. Slightest flood, drought, sighting of a badger, demo by crusties etc etc and the club don't make the start of the season. Lucky we got Withdean booked for that season just in case :lol:

The weather is the only thing on the list i would worry about

I mean would you protest against 6,000 fans who have waited 12 years for their stadium ??

I don't think anyone is that brave/stupid

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I've always felt it would take lomger than we were hoping. A whole year late seems likely to me.

Anyone I've spoken to at work - I'm in the construction industry - thinks we'd have no chance of being finished in time when I said we'd be turning earth Sept / Oct. Obviously you can pay extra for acceleration programmes, but we are getting to a stage where the acceraltion would be so great, that it wouldn't be worth the money to do so, and we'd settle for delivering a year late.

My big fear for this project is the finances. Yes, we've always been assured that this is in hand, but with nothing signed, the cost of credit is going up all the time. If lenders are becoming more adverse to risk, then football clubs borrowing tens of millions, must be pretty close to being the group that do NOT get lent to. I certainly think it will be getting more expensive to fund.

And as for metal prices, they are going up at an unbelievale rate of knots.

Not wishing to sound like the harbinger of doom, just trying to say that this delay is no big deal, we have some potentially far more damaging issues to address yet.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I mean would you protest against 6,000 fans who have waited 12 years for their stadium ??

I don't think anyone is that brave/stupid

Well, it'd be one - short, sharp - day of protest followed by many days of the area being surrounded by POLICE DO NOT CROSS tape with Scene Of Crime officers inside :lol:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I've always felt it would take lomger than we were hoping. A whole year late seems likely to me.

Anyone I've spoken to at work - I'm in the construction industry - thinks we'd have no chance of being finished in time when I said we'd be turning earth Sept / Oct. Obviously you can pay extra for acceleration programmes, but we are getting to a stage where the acceraltion would be so great, that it wouldn't be worth the money to do so, and we'd settle for delivering a year late.

My big fear for this project is the finances. Yes, we've always been assured that this is in hand, but with nothing signed, the cost of credit is going up all the time. If lenders are becoming more adverse to risk, then football clubs borrowing tens of millions, must be pretty close to being the group that do NOT get lent to. I certainly think it will be getting more expensive to fund.

And as for metal prices, they are going up at an unbelievale rate of knots.

Not wishing to sound like the harbinger of doom, just trying to say that this delay is no big deal, we have some potentially far more damaging issues to address yet.

Bigger stadia have been built quicker without the accelarated programmes

Finance won't be a problem

Metal prices have been steadily falling for 2 weeks now and are still expected to slide further

P.S. i worked on Emirates and Wembley

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Well, it'd be one - short, sharp - day of protest followed by many days of the area being surrounded by POLICE DO NOT CROSS tape with Scene Of Crime officers inside :lol:

No violence will be neccesary just a few of the larger handier supporters carefully removing the protesters!!!

Or the Stewards :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Carefully removing the stewards?!

How long does one need between a completed stadium and the start of the season? I.e. Security checks etc. etc. We are now looking at 21 months between start on site and first game.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I fully expect the Stadium to be built but i also fully expect that I will not be occupying my seat until August 2011. August 2010 is fantasy stuff imo.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Carefully removing the stewards?!

How long does one need between a completed stadium and the start of the season? I.e. Security checks etc. etc. We are now looking at 21 months between start on site and first game.

Look at MK Dons stadium

They hadn't even got the seats in the top tier when the first game went ahead

could be done in 14-16 months if no on site delays happen

With the expertise we have on the board (Perry Chapman) i am not worried by this delay at all.

I have worked in the industry in various positions over the years and this project is well run despite what some people want us to think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here