fresh delays at falmer?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what a suprise

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
stop being so f***ing negative!

This isn't bad news...We've got three good companies wanting to build the stadium. This can only benefit the club as the costs can be negotiated with the three parties.

Besides projects of this scale never begin on time...I know, I work in project management!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
and of course, delays in starting the project won't effect the completion/opening date.

:dunce:

God you really are naive aren't you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you really think the possibility of delays won't have been factored in?
Do you think we would sign a deal with no late penaltys?
Do you know how long it took to build Ashburton Gate (5 times the project size)
Do you actually have any knowledge of the building industry at all??

:tosser:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

All these points are spot on, the club will have been well aware that there might be slight delays at certain stages of the project, any body who thinks otherwise has no idea.

As long as the build programme is sensible, this time can be easily made up, what is more important is the work that has to go into a project this size is done properly before a shovel hits the ground.

From my experience, the time it takes to build a struture such as this can be easily done within the time scale and at this point i wouldn't worry. But this doesn't stop people having a go at the board.... although bearing in mind the stadium construction is being dealt with by a seperate stadium team i'm not sure what impact the board have on this anymore.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Nope all 3 are on the internet if you know where to look!!!

curse the argus for reporting information that was already in the public domain

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

I'd rather be naive than a licker of the club and/or windows:)

1) Did I say it hadn't? But there's been 10 years of delays, and now it's been delayed again before sodding building has started.

2) Did I say we hadn't? But late opening = more Withdean, something we don't want!

3) ASHBURTON GROVE. ASHTON GATE. There's a difference, muppet. For Ashburton Grove, see WEMBLEY.

4) Of What relevance is that. Do you have some sort of special knowledge that others don't? :tosser:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Activity Posting

Project Id:

Title :
STADIUM

Last Updated :
21/02/2008

Type :
New Build

Category :
General offices / General retailing / Restaurants, pubs, bars / Audience centres, conference centres / Arenas, stadia, grandstands / Surface car parks / Decorative Landscaping / Commercial Access & Estate Roads

Stage :
Tender / Detail Approval

Value :
£ 46M

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details

Scheme :
Stadium with offices, educational and conference facilities, shop for club merchandise, entertainment, food and drink uses, parking and transportation facilities.
Floor area: 50000 sq.m;

Materials :
Services: H & V: air conditioning, gas heating system; Personnel Movement: passenger lifts; Security: detection & alarm systems, intercom systems, CCTV / Envelope: Wall Cladding: facing brickwork, facing blockwork; Glazing: double glazed / Siteworks: linked mains supply, upgraded access, perimeter fencing, boundary fencing, landscaping, floodlighting / Structure: Floors: timber beams, solid concrete; Roofing: pitched

Programme :
Tender return date May 2008. Start September 2008. Completion third quarter 2010. Length of works 24 months.

Contract :
Design & Build contract

Detail planning granted (TP ref BH2001/02418/FP). Prequalification tender. Tender documents will be sent out in May 2008.

Planning Reference :
BH2001/02418/FP

Planning Office :
Brighton

Application Date :
12/10/2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Information

Site Address :
North of Village Way, Falmer, Brighton, East Sussex,BN1. view map

Tendering Contractor :

Buckingham Group Contracting Limited , Blackpit Farm, Silverstone Road, Stowe, Buckingham, Buckinghamshire, MK18 5LJ.
Tel: 01280 823355 (CTPS)
Fax: 01280 812830 (FPS)
Email: mail@buckinghamgroup.co.uk
URL: Buckingham Group Contracting Date Added: 21/02/2008

Quantity Surveyor :

Currie & Brown , Belgrave House, Station Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1HU.
Tel: 01293 542262
Fax: 01293 560216
URL: Home page - Currie Brown
Contacts: Mr Jonathan Batt, Associate Quantity Surveyor
Email: jonathan.batt@curriebrown.com

Date Added: 05/12/2003

Mech.& Elec Engineer :

WSP Group , Weymouth House, Hampshire Court, Newcastle Business Park, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE4 7YG.
Tel: 0191 273 3123
Fax: 0191 226 1791 (FPS)
Email: info@wspgroup.com
URL: WSP Group: WSP Group
Contacts: Mr George Gifford, Mechanical Engineer

Contacts: Mr Charles Earl, Electrical Engineer
Date Added: 30/09/2002

Structural Engineer :

SKM Consulting , Alberton House, St Mary's Parsonage, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M3 2WJ.
Tel: 0161 833 4883
Fax: 0161 833 4761 (FPS)
Email: manchester@skm.co.uk
URL: Sinclair Knight Merz - Achieve Outstanding Client Success | Engineering, Sciences and Project Delivery Date Added: 21/06/2002

Architect :

KSS Group Limited , 1 James Street, Westminster, London, W1U 1DR.
Tel: 020 7907 2222
Fax: 020 7907 2299 (FPS)
Email: info@kssgroup.com
URL: ::Welcome to KSS Design Group::
Contacts: Mr Adrian Holdstock, Architect
Email: adrian.holdstock@kssgroup.com

Date Added: 21/06/2002

Associated Developer :

Adenstar Developments Limited , New Sussex House, Fishersgate Terrace, Portslade, West Sussex, BN41 1PH.
Tel: 01273 439203
Fax: 01273 439205
Email: enquiries@adenstar-group.co.uk

Contacts: Mr Derek Chapman, MD

Lead Consultant :

Brighton & Hove City Council , Kings House, Grand Avenue, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 2LS.
Tel: 01273 290000
URL: Brighton Hove City Council - home page
Contacts: Mr Alan McCarthy, Assistant Chief Executive

Planner :

DMH Stallard Planning , 100 Queens Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 3XF.
Tel: 01273 744454
Fax: 01273 744455
Email: planning@dmhstallard.com
URL: Welcome to DMH Stallard - DMH Stallard  (Solicitors) - London, Gatwick, Brighton
Contacts: Mr Peter Rainier, Planner
Tel: 07803 500182
Email: peter.rainier@dmhstallard.com

Date Added: 13/11/2001

Client / Developer :

Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club , Withdean Stadium, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 5JD.
Tel: 01273 695400
Fax: 01273 648179
Email: seagulls@bhafc.co.uk
URL: Home | Brighton and Hove Albion
Contacts: Mr Martin Perry, Chief Executive
Email: martin.perry@bhafc.co.uk

Date Added: 05/06/1998

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So basically its Naylor's fault that Perry has come out with a statement saying that there is going to be further delays.

So, what is his job then....ignore it and then have somebody write a letter to the argus saying that they missed an important announcement?

Sometimes I think in the same way Naylor looks for stories ( his job) you guys look to critisise everything he writes.

Personally it doesnt surprise me that there is a delay and if we move into the new stadium before the Olympics in 2012, I will be absolutely amazed.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
So basically its Naylor's fault that Perry has come out with a statement saying that there is going to be further delays.

So, what is his job then....ignore it and then have somebody write a letter to the argus saying that they missed an important announcement?

Sometimes I think in the same way Naylor looks for stories ( his job) you guys look to critisise everything he writes.

Personally it doesnt surprise me that there is a delay and if we move into the new stadium before the Olympics in 2012, I will be absolutely amazed.

Dave it's not Andy Naylors story!!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It says December AT THE EARLIEST. If these delays were to drag on then we may struggle. I am sure there will be penalty clauses if it were not built within a specified period, but surely there will have to be a realistic period of time necessary to build it in time for the start of the 2010/11 season.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
See above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now who looks like the :tosser:

You really - only a complete SPANNER would claim that delays before building work has even STARTED is a good thing! :D

I couldn't give two hoots if you know people or have any information about the project. Currently, there's been f***-ups galore all along the process, and we still haven't started building yet. It's a shambles, and i've voicing my concern about the future stages of the process. :thumbsup:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I guess IF they start in December it would have to be built within 18 months in order for the relevant ramp up events to be staged and the safety certificate awarded for us to move in and start at beginning of Aug 2010.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here