Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fresh delays at falmer?

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
you haven't got a very high opinion of the players then - i am not bitter and twisted - i just know the facts about what has happened at the club

Well here's your big opportunity to tell us The Facts about what has happened. We don't need to know the source.

Over to you O great font of knowledge of all things Albion.

This is not the big opportunity. It's just one of a seemingly endless series of completely wasted opportunities.

All I ask is "Give us one, that is ONE, actual case of something ACTUALLY said by Dick that is not true and say THAT it is not true."

No names, no sources, no bigging it up, just one simple statement.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Quite clear to me buddy. Perry is saying we are going to be on site in December, DK is saying January.

I'm betting it won't be either!

Does it really matter when we are on site??

As long as the stadium is ready to rock and roll for the start of 2010 or even 2011 (worst case scenario) who cares??

Our new ground is well on the way, If LDC hadn't fought this we would have been playing there for a while now.

Again the reasons we are delaying the start is not the clubs fault!!!!!!!!!!!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I'm not bothered by THIS delay, but I am predicting there will be a more lengthy delay announced before we actually get on the site. The tender process isn't what bothers me. It's still the finance that has the big question mark over it. I know at least one of the banks the club have approached about financing the stadium were expecting the business plan WEEKS ago and there is still no sign of it. I'm quite happy that we'll find someone to build it, but if we've got all the money in place by December I'll eat my scrotum.

TCB we can't ask to borrow the money or tie up the agreements at least until the final build price has been submitted by the tender winners

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
f*** sake.
We've waited nine years, and we're arguing the toss over 4 weeks.

:shootself:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Even so, the price increases in everything, not just steel, have all gone skywards since £40m was bandied about. I honestly think we're looking at somewhere between £60m - £70m now.

Now in no way whatsoever do I want to gloat, but if I can work out of the top of my head it'll be upwards of 60m, what are we paying 'Martin Perry and his 30 strong team' for?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It's imperitive that we don't rush into building something that won't fulfill our needs and ambitions for the next 100 years.

If we can't build what we want, delay it until we can. ie when the economic crisis sorts itself out.

I cant agree with that, The longer we stay at Withdean the smaller our fan base will become. And lets not forget there's a conference club just up the road from us with a proper stadium who are in danger of becomming a league club soon and that could cost us even more fans if they do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here