Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fraser Has a Dig at Knight

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
I dont get peoples hatred towards him. What is it he has done wrong (before this article) that made him so bad, hated and worse than Adam Virgo, Adam El Abd, Bradley Johnson, Doug Loft, Kevin Thornton, Gary Dicker, Dean Cox, Robbie Savage, Steve Thomson, Jason Jarrett, Chris Birchall, Dave Livermore and Al Bangura in centre midfield??

He wasn't as good as Dicker:p

It's a shame he feels the need to say such things and oesn't come across well.
I thought towards the end last season he was playing better than he had ever done (admittedly far from great before that!!). He says that "People close to me know I said these things all along" - doesn't sound good if true, wouldn't want someone in my team/club who appeared to be a misfit in that way.
Still I saw a great goal at Hereford to remember.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i think he has a point about Wilkins, after all his leaving was a debacle and also there has been the same concerns put here about how contracts have been dealt with. not sure about not supporting the youth teamers though, theres still El Abd, Virgo, Elphick and Cox, and those that have left, apart from Hammond, weren't necessarily up to standard. presumably it was Knight that established the youth policy in the first place???

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I think that it was the right thing to let him go. Sadly the lad is not good enough for the Club's new aspirations.

However, it is good that he aired a few home truths about Knight.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Fair play to him. The club showed him no loyalty so why should he show any back?

And lets face it, he's pretty much bang on the button with allot of what he says.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I take it Tommy Fraser won't be handing over the commemorative ashtray (unless he can hit the potless pillock with it) or whatever bit of tat the lickers are handing over at the Dick Tight brown nose fest then ?

Ernest I've missed you
Haven't noticed any of your angst-ridden gems of late. Nice to see that you are as consistent as ever

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
If the lad's this upset, maybe his new boss can give him a cuddle...

:yawn::bla::yawn::bla::yawn::bla::yawn::bla::yawn::bla:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Although I think its brilliant hes got the balls to do it, he shouldnt have done it, and its a bit immature.

About the youth team he is right though, something Ive always thought about. Next season we are down to just Virgo and Elphick, after having 6 or 7 featuring and finishing in the top half.

Good luck to Tommy, sure he will be fine in that league

Nothing to do with balls, everything to do with professionalism. What exactly does he gain from saying all this? I think he was unlucky not to get another year, but I can also see that we can do better than Tommy Fraser. And what is he on about saying he doesn't think Slade had a say in whether he got another contract or not?! I don't think Slade would have taken the job if that was the kind of arrangement it was under.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
From the Argus...

He said: “I played 35 games last season even though the club brought in six or seven midfielders. I felt I deserved a contract and I wasn’t given a reason why I didn’t get one.

I think the fact 6 or 7 other midfielders being bought in is the answer tom!

MARKO

Dec 13, 2007
Story I heard
Tommy called to the office.."sorry Tommy there is no new contract at the moment but........"

By then Tommy was kicking the chair and bin round the room shouting you effing what ?...stormed out down the stairs kicking laundry around ,slamming doors and left.

Following the but..was going to be .."we will offer you one year if we can't get the player we are after !!"

Don't care if not true..great story..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Story I heard
Tommy called to the office.."sorry Tommy there is no new contract at the moment but........"

By then Tommy was kicking the chair and bin round the room shouting you effing what ?...stormed out down the stairs kicking laundry around ,slamming doors and left.

Following the but..was going to be .."we will offer you one year if we can't get the player we are after !!"

Don't care if not true..great story..

I would expect no less of mad Frankie Frasers grandson :clap:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
From the Argus...

Fraser fires parting shot

7:40am Tuesday 16th June 2009

comment Comments (0) Have your say »
Exclusive By Brian Owen »

Midfielder Tommy Fraser today launched an astonishing parting shot at former Albion chairman Dick Knight.

........He added: “What happened with Dean Wilkins was an absolute disgrace.

“It’s not about me being bitter now because I did not get a contract. People close to me know I said these things all along. The way Dean was treated was a disgrace, even when he was manager.

“I was glad to get away from it. I felt the club was not going anywhere under Dick Knight.......

Have we finally found out who 'bhadeb' is?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
IMO (for what it's worth)... I just couldn't see him developing beyond what he's shown us so far. Granted he put in some solid efforts over his 100 games, but nowhere near enough to warrant any lovefest. Far too often he went missing and could never be classed as being an 'unnoticed but invaluable' team member (a la Dicker, and even El Abd to an extent)

In other news he often struck me as thoroughly dishonest in his views on things, but i've nothing to back that up, so maybe i misjudged his tone.

Thanks for your efforts Tommy, but he'll be replaced with a better player no doubt.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
What a stupid arogant f***. He was a shit player here, why should he deserve another contract?! He wasn't up to scratch, he just has to understand that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here