[Albion] Frank Lampard’s Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This is better

What I love about these (and I really like this guy actually) is that they compliment us on how well we are run, but there's this sense they feel that Boehly will suddenly turn it around. They're nuts. They're literally saying Brighton are a well run club from top to bottom, Chelsea are not. But at the same time expecting it to change. Guys, do you not get it? Your owner is a lunatic. He's the absolute opposite of ours. You're absolutely f***ed until someone else buys your club. Doesn't matter who you sign, who's your manager. You know- it comes from the top, and your top is absolutely loco.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Are you suggesting the players and manager were just aimlessly wandering around, somewhere else?
i saw them doing that for an hour and a half on the pitch!

i noticed you were there stat, did you notice how long EF was treated for? just wondering if he can celebrate on the pitch after, maybe sub next sunday?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
What I love about these (and I really like this guy actually) is that they compliment us on how well we are run, but there's this sense they feel that Boehly will suddenly turn it around. They're nuts. They're literally saying Brighton are a well run club from top to bottom, Chelsea are not. But at the same time expecting it to change. Guys, do you not get it? Your owner is a lunatic. He's the absolute opposite of ours. You're absolutely f***ed until someone else buys your club. Doesn't matter who you sign, who's your manager. You know- it comes from the top, and your top is absolutely loco.

Exactly. They rip off our POTS last season and make him look like a donkey, they ripped off our complete and entire coaching staff who got us playing some lovely football and make them look like they couldn't manager a group of 5 year olds on Preston Park on Saturday morning and rip off our knowledgeable and experienced head of recruitment and make him look as clueless as one legged man at an arse kicking competition.

Love it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Exactly. They rip off our POTS last season and make him look like a donkey, they ripped off our complete and entire coaching staff who got us playing some lovely football and make them look like they couldn't manager a group of 5 year olds on Preston Park on Saturday morning and rip off our knowledgeable and experienced head of recruitment and make him look as clueless as one legged man at an arse kicking competition.

Love it.
Let’s hope the Chelsea exodus has finished here for the time being. So many disaster stories.

I’m hoping that they’ll be looking closer to home (Fulham & Brentford) for their recruitment in future.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
If Lampard's Chelsea can't win a game of the coming 5 games (= 0 win out of his 7 games), the American owner will fire him to hire another manager this season :ROFLMAO: ?
I should imagine they will have at least 2 more managers this season.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Let’s hope the Chelsea exodus has finished here for the time being. So many disaster stories.

I’m hoping that they’ll be looking closer to home (Fulham & Brentford) for their recruitment in future.

Yep.

But they can give us Colwill though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Whether is was deflected or not, Kane was still offside and in the keepers line of sight.
The point about the deflection is not to suggest that he suddenly becomes onside (obviously he doesn't) but to highlight that the keeper had no chance, and therefore Kane being there didn't make any difference to the result, so it didn't interfere with play.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
He must be loving every Chelsea defeat now even more than he did an Albion one.
This whole Chelsea circus is superb, as someone already suggested, they have poached our entire coaching staff, head of scouting, our player of the season and a club legend who was a former club captain and paid us nearly £100,000,000 for the privilege and now we even off loaded this tool to them on a freebie 😂

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
i saw them doing that for an hour and a half on the pitch!

i noticed you were there stat, did you notice how long EF was treated for? just wondering if he can celebrate on the pitch after, maybe sub next sunday?
Down for ages.
Hobbled off and round the pitch, under his own steam.
Was in the celebrations at full time.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Agree with everything being said. Amazing times.

One thing that struck me was that we were prepared to pass into players being more tightly marked, and the lay offs often seemed more "last second". That seemed to commit their players and take them out of the move even more effectively than usual.

Brave, not least because you're more likely to be clattered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports