Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Frank Lampard’s Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A long happy evening ahead, there aren't enough hours in the day :lolol: .

NSC
MOTD
https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum (their server is currently down :lol:)

With an Indian takeaway to fuel me.

Super Frank, Super W@nky Lampard.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Brighton manager Roberto de Zerbi to BBC Sport: "It's an amazing day for us. The result, the performance. This game gives more energy, more confidence, more enthusiasm to finish the season in the best way. Now we have to prepare for the semi-final. We'd like to play the final. To do that we'll have to win."

On more injuries: "We're losing too many players. I'm very lucky to be a coach of Brighton. We have many solutions. We can change position of a lot of players. We believe in ourself."

"Julio Enciso played a fantastic game until the goal and then he finished the game. It's not a surprise. He's a good guy. He has to progress and improve in his mentality - to explain to him the importance of the last 10 minutes. If we conceded a goal then his goal is not important like if you win. The important thing is to have the confidence from your team-mates. I don't like if you score and then you finish the game. You have to think about the team."

On the FA Cup semi-final: "We are a serious team with serious players. Nothing changes. We work a normal week. We would like to make our fans happy."
I have to say that I did think that Julio may well get a 'f***ing brilliant, BUT'. He was way better before the goal than he was afterwards. Don't try to win a foul Julio, make sure you win the ball and you'll go far :wink:

I think that having Lewis, Pascal, Danny, Joel and Solly around him, he'll do well :albion2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Handball not given maybe?

Either that or VAR failing to find a way to rule out our goals?
NOTHING was made of the challenge that put Ferguson out of the game. The fact he guided his header over doesn't negate the fact he was done from behind 2-footed with the defender not in the same postcode as the ball.

I'll be watching that again tonight, as the stream I was watching barely revisited it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Brighton go to money bags Chelsea and win from coming behind.
The media is not surprised. I still think we should be closer to 4th spot with the VAR fiasco at Spurs and Palace and missed oppurtuinity's at home to Brentford and Fulham.
If we started the season with RDZ we would be, even with VAR’s determination to destroy our season.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
NOTHING was made of the challenge that put Ferguson out of the game. The fact he guided his header over doesn't negate the fact he was done from behind 2-footed with the defender not in the same postcode as the ball.

I'll be watching that again tonight, as the stream I was watching barely revisited it.
It was well saved by Kepa and I don't think it was a malicious challenge by the defender...more of a haven't got a didgery where the ball was

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
078D9675-2D3A-4F47-950D-4F9E2C926F02.png

2699D460-D988-4EBB-B2D5-20EA31312765.jpeg

Seems to be enjoying himself that the “proper chels” saviour isn’t exactly improving things from his Graham

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What was the VAR controversy
No idea if it’s the one but a Chelsea player definitely used his hand to flick the ball away from the Brighton player he was tussling with (Pervis?). Not sure VAR even looked at it. On the replay it looked another nailed on one waved away :angry:

In the end it didn’t matter but grrr

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The first was quite spectacular, possibly the best I’ve ever seen us play.
Bar the last 10 minutes or so that was a domination that you don’t see unless you are City.
We are bloody good

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was well saved by Kepa and I don't think it was a malicious challenge by the defender...more of a haven't got a didgery where the ball was
So that justifies taking him out from behind, without a clue where the ball was ? I'll need to see it again I think, but at the time I was WTF ?

Then there was Pulisic clearly handling the ball in the tussle with Estupinan. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here