Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Franck Haise - Lens manager

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So we have a potential French managerial candidate who possibly doesn't speak any English. He'll be needing a translator.

Bloom likes employing people with connections to the club. We've just lost a club legend who was part of the first team coaching group, plus a handy translator for any new spanish speaking signings.

What we need then is someone to replace Bruno, someone with links to the club and someone who could act as translator for our new french speaking gaffer. Someone who's career is recently ended or winding down.

Ladies and Gents, if Haise is our new manager it can only mean one thing.

The return of THIS man:

Ha. I'd imagine that IF the club wanted a French speaking former player t o provide a bridge between the players and new manager, then they are more likely to go down the 'model pro' route, than the 'maverick beserker' one!

Not a million suitable candidates, that leap out. I could suggest Gaeten Bong, or Romain Vincelot.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Ha. I'd imagine that IF the club wanted a French speaking former player t o provide a bridge between the players and new manager, then they are more likely to go down the 'model pro' route, than the 'maverick beserker' one!

Not a million suitable candidates, that leap out. I could suggest Gaeten Bong, or Romain Vincelot.

if we're talking about ex-players coming back then vincelot would be an absolute dream. comes across as one of the most erudite ex-players I've seen. he's currently studying sport science and is a uefa B license holder

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Booooooo!!!!!!!

Knockaert would be way more fun!

Though on the sensible options, Pocognolli is now coaching isn't he?

Edit: according to wiki hes the U21's manager at USG...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Booooooo!!!!!!!

Knockaert would be way more fun!

Though on the sensible options, Pocognolli is now coaching isn't he?

Edit: according to wiki hes the U21's manager at USG...

However if Knocky had a Cob On, Franc's 4-4-2 formation team talk would suddenly become 1-1-8 !

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Vincelot was the one who's name popped into my head immediately.

Vincelot.jpg

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/it-was-cantonas-kung-fu-kick-that-attracted-me-here-v037kbffl

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
So we have a potential French managerial candidate who possibly doesn't speak any English. He'll be needing a translator.

Bloom likes employing people with connections to the club. We've just lost a club legend who was part of the first team coaching group, plus a handy translator for any new spanish speaking signings.

What we need then is someone to replace Bruno, someone with links to the club and someone who could act as translator for our new french speaking gaffer. Someone who's career is recently ended or winding down.

Ladies and Gents, if Haise is our new manager it can only mean one thing.

The return of THIS man:

Leo ulloa (for striker coach, Spanish with our South Americans) not for french

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10388676 said:
Where in Greece have you been? I'd say that compared to the rest of Europe Greece is the country that has the lowest portion of English speakers.

Mainly Athens, but I was on Lesvos a few months ago in the countryside miles from anywhere. A young goat started following me (!)…eventually I found a goatherd and started talking to him in rather broken Greek - whereupon he answered in English. At that moment I did reflect on why I was bothering to learn Greek!!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Bookmakers must absolutely love these new manager markets,they can literally make up a book containing anyone at all and start raking it in.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Regardless of what naylor say I still believe he is a contender and maybe even first choice.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I dont think Naylor, any newspaper, any betting company or any alleged ITK has a clue what is happening behind the scenes tbh.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I dont think Naylor, any newspaper, any betting company or any alleged ITK has a clue what is happening behind the scenes tbh.

Over the years it is very rare for Naylor to post something with that certainty if he doesn’t know that to be the case

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Over the years it is very rare for Naylor to post something with that certainty if he doesn’t know that to be the case

Naylor has merely been told by the club that we haven't approached Haise, and reported that. That means he knows what's not going on behind the scenes. But he knows a little more than what's not going on, as evidenced by him indicating we have made links with Svensson and a few others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here