Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] France v Argentina official World Cup final thread ….

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Alternatively, there were a couple of extra teams that they just couldn't seem to fit in anywhere. So they put them in their own pot - where they still are today, five years later....
This is almost like the FIFA proposal for the next World Cup.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Mackie’s not enough to reignite much passion for me - I’ll be watching as we have a social engagement planned round watching the Final
Quoting myself here but only to completely u-turn on what I said earlier - Mackie’s been brilliant and amazing to hear Brighton being mentioned so much - that assist for Di Maria’s goal was sublime - so I am reignited! 👏

Last edited:

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I have felt it would be an Argentina win for some time now. When you think about it, it then becomes clear that a Messi v Mbappe final is the dream ticket for FIFA, and then also for Qatar given the ownership of PSG too. They basically pay the salaries of the top 2 players in the tournament so why wouldn’t they want them both in the final?

Not normally a betting person but I did put a couple of ‘insurance’ bets around this happening which I have cashed out now for a decent return.

I detest the way Argentina play, the special treatment Messi gets, the ‘dark arts’ they practice (cheating) and basically don’t care who wins it now as long as it’s not them.
I backed them again for the final. Too obvious.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Can’t believe this amazing comments for Mac Allister- now suggesting he will ‘be swapping his shirt for Messi’s’ in the Argentinian side - a ‘special talent’

His value is increasing by the minute! £75-85m? 😁 Best WC for Brighton PL ever.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Best World Cup yet !? Better than 1970.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Be lucky to see him back NYE at this rate

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Brighton hope "it won't be a problem for a couple of years" when it comes to keeping hold of Alexis Mac Allister, says chief executive Paul Barber. :flypig:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Brighton hope "it won't be a problem for a couple of years" when it comes to keeping hold of Alexis Mac Allister, says chief executive Paul Barber. :flypig:

Lovely interview. Both Mac A and PB shine.

What a fantastic club, we’re so lucky to be part of it at this time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here