Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

France not very impressed with Croydon!

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Whilst Croydon is the home of the Nigel's and I wouldn't want to live there, there is a lot of re-generation going on.

Yeah you can regenerate buildings but I don't think there is any hope of regenerating people who accept living in the dullest borough of London...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do you really think that it was avianly instigated? Why would starlings want to torch their own home? Must be much worse crouching on bare metal all night rather than in amongst rotten wood.

If anyone should know the reasons behind why someone would want to torch their own home, its you lot.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Do you really think that it was avianly instigated? Why would starlings want to torch their own home? Must be much worse crouching on bare metal all night rather than in amongst rotten wood.

It was to do with nesting rights. Starlings announced that if they couldnt have it, they would burn the thing down. Mysteriously burned down ;)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I've stayed at Selsdon Park and I'm not surprised they have got the hump. The rooms are ****ing awful and the golf course is very badly run (nice course though).

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I was in Brighton yesterday, it SPARKLED in North Street. The buses couldn't bear to leave it around 5 p.m...everyone on 'em though looked like they couldn't wait to head outta town (oh sorry City:lolol:)

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Croydon might be a shit hole (even though like the rest of London is being gentrified) but Shirley is really quite nice and the Selsdon park hotel is pretty nice , set in 200 acres with its own golf course. But if wandering through the leafy suburb of Paris called, La Goutte d’Or is more your thing, thats fine.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Croydon might be a shit hole (even though like the rest of London is being gentrified) but Shirley is really quite nice and the Selsdon park hotel is pretty nice , set in 200 acres with its own golf course. But if wandering through the leafy suburb of Paris called, La Goutte d’Or is more your thing, thats fine.

Selsdon Park Hotel is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in, and the food was appalling.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
[MENTION=13666]Danny-Boy[/MENTION]

:bowdown:

This was the old time way here for executions. No raising money for executioners. Just fling the victim off a high building. Definitely cheap.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I was in Brighton yesterday, it SPARKLED in North Street. The buses couldn't bear to leave it around 5 p.m...everyone on 'em though looked like they couldn't wait to head outta town (oh sorry City:lolol:)

Was that you selling clothes pegs by the clock tower?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Selsdon Park Hotel is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in, and the food was appalling.

I don't know about the food or rooms, I just know that sitting in the bar or patio looking out over the golf course and gardens is any thing but a shit hole, but that's my opinion.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There is a report that in the hotel there was a wedding and the guests kept the frenchies up most of the night, enjoying themselves as one does at a wedding....seemly they needed their beauty sleep!

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014

why would someone from a sad borough want to post so much on our site ?---r u obsessed chap or wot ?

Nov 27, 2009
Complete and utter total rubbish. The CR8 postcode around Purley, has also been voted one of the most desirable places to live. Huge houses with pools, private schools and Margaret Roper Primary School, the greatest school in the world!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here