Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FPC Snipers Are Off Again?!

Yep, piece of piss. I'll explain all that to any mates that decide they fancy going at 12.00 o clock on Saturday morning.
If you are talking to your cash-obsessed mates at 12 noon, why can't they give YOU their cash and get YOU to use YOUR mobile phone or smart card to order them a ticket? You can then sit next to them.

This is BETTER than any queue at the gate system for an all-seater ground.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Most people will want to pay in abvance, to get the free travel voucher.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This afternoon, outside Marks and Spencers, I counted 25 people boarding the number 12 bus to Newhaven and Eastbourne. Precisely TWO passengers bought a ticket. Everyone else had a quick and easy CASHLESS encounter with the bus driver.

Do you often spend your days hanging around bus stops observing people ?

The alternative was standing INSIDE Marks & Spencers giving random 'yes' or 'no' answers to Roz's questions about whether her bum looked big in this ... or this ... or this ... or this ... or this ... or this ... or this.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The alternative was standing INSIDE Marks & Spencers giving random 'yes' or 'no' answers to Roz's questions about whether her bum looked big in this ... or this ... or this ... or this ... or this ... or this ... or this.

I think you made the right choice.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

I have never quite worked out the correct answer to that one (not for Roz, I might add).

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Safety first - always reply - of course it doesn't. :thumbsup:

But that would suggest one had gauged the situation and decided to find in favour of 'Of course it doesn't'. 'What a silly question' could be a bit safer, although I guess there is the danger of 'Are you calling me silly?'

People watching in the bus stop every time.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
However EASY it does turn out to buy tickets at the ground is neither here nor there.

What is important is the PERCEPTION of how easy it is.

A lot of people with a far more casual interest in the albion will be put off by the card / phone issue of buying a ticket purely because they can't be arsed with it.

Similar to the fact that many fans have got used to not being able to get tickets for Withdean when we were half decent and have the perception tickets have still been hard to get over the last season or so and not bothered.

My wife flew back from New York this morning but BA helpfully left her bag somewhere between Newark and T1.
I got a phone call from the taxi relaying this tale of woe, about having to go into the office, interviews to do, only having the casual clothes she'd slept in etc. However, seeking to be helpful, so I thought, I suggested she divert the taxi to M&S at Weybridge, buy some clothes and charge them to either BA or her employer.
Idea was well received, acted upon and I was expecting some brownie points this evening. She walked in, took off her coat and spouted the eight tragic words: "Do you think this makes me look fat?".
Unfortunately, no-one at the bus-stop by then as the last one (to anywhere) leaves Rudgwick at 18:25.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This isn't just a fatbum.
This is an M&S fatbum, tightly clad in man-made fibre and costing a f***ing fortune.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I know it's a subject often brought up but anyone who uses public transport in London, knows what an absolute relief it is not to have to buy a ticket with cash anymore.

.. and when you've got something charged up (or with a season ticket on it), how much easier it is to get into and out of the underground.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
This isn't just a fatbum.
This is an M&S fatbum, tightly clad in man-made fibre and costing a f***ing fortune.

I'll have you know sir, that this was an unfat bum, unclad in man-man fibres. They weren't cheap, admittedly.
But I did avoid the abhorrence that are the universally parsnip-shaped trousers that M & S stock.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll have you know sir, that this was an unfat bum, unclad in man-man fibres. They weren't cheap, admittedly.
But I did avoid the abhorrence that are the universally parsnip-shaped trousers that M & S stock.

I would never accuse you of having a fatbum Roz.
Or an unclad bum in M&S. Or a parsnip.

I'll just shut up I think.

:blush:

Roz is on VERY thin ice here.

Such is her inability to work out the relationship between clothing and bum sizes that she used part of her time in M&S to buy me a pack of gentlemen's underpants at the bargain price of three pairs for only £6.

They are HUGE. If I ever wear them, my bum won't even reach the edge of them.

Does anyone know whether Warren Aspinall still comes to Withdean?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here