FPC Snipers Are Off Again?!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
you would hope so, as long as that is made clear to everyone.

so it stops people queueing at the turnstyle, only to be turned away, and made to queue at the ticket office, and have to queue again at the turnstyle.

just means loads of people are left outside instead of in the ground watching Gullys Girls (by then all of legal age) do there thang!!

Gullys girls are all legal now :thumbsup: They have to be at least 16 to join.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
you would hope so, as long as that is made clear to everyone.

so it stops people queueing at the turnstyle, only to be turned away, and made to queue at the ticket office, and have to queue again at the turnstyle.

just means loads of people are left outside instead of in the ground watching Gullys Girls (by then all of legal age) do there thang!!

And factor in the 4 less tiers and 70,000 less seats :)

Not the build time just the design and plannimg stage

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Not the build time just the design and plannimg stage

I know, I meant that, but it still takes less time to draw, computerise, finalise etc a 22,500 stadium than a 60/90,000 one. As it does to build the thing.

I go past the site Falmer site everyday, twice a day, looking forward to seeing the builders move in, but as yet, nada.

And once it does start, i will take a photo of it everyday, and it would make for great viewing

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bear in mind in our case its not JUST the stadium - there is also a major upgrade of the road infrastructure and traffic interchange required in the area. Wembley was just an industrial estate anyway.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I know, I meant that, but it still takes less time to draw, computerise, finalise etc a 22,500 stadium than a 60/90,000 one. As it does to build the thing.

I go past the site Falmer site everyday, twice a day, looking forward to seeing the builders move in, but as yet, nada.

And once it does start, i will take a photo of it everyday, and it would make for great viewing

There will be a webcam there so can watch it all the time you are in front of the computer.

As i said earlier in the thread as soon as the academic year is over the four uni buildings will be removed. Then the 150,000 tons of chalk will be excavated andhopefully spread on the field next door.

Then and only then can the real hard work begin I.E. the site can be set out etc that should hopefully be before Christmas.

There will be a webcam there so can watch it all the time you are in front of the computer.

As i said earlier in the thread as soon as the academic year is over the four uni buildings will be removed. Then the 150,000 tons of chalk will be excavated andhopefully spread on the field next door.

Then and only then can the real hard work begin I.E. the site can be set out etc that should hopefully be before Christmas.

I'd consider the start of the excavation to be the start of the 'build'?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This whole thread is pretty retarded. You're all arguing about somthing which hasn't happened yet, the time to scrutinise and point the finger is after the delays have happened. Also some people seem to have forgotten the last 11 years, it's easy to say that the club could've got permission quicker but that is a very vague statement, can anyone actually point to a specific event which was handled badly by the club with the outcome being a delay in the process? The only sensible thing that I've heard was the thread on here about employing a more agressive legal team in order to speed up the process, I have no idea if that arguement is correct but even if it is, it's in the past now and if mistakes were made what do people suggest we do about it? As they say hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I am sure the terms of the planning permission state that match day tickets cannot be sold at the stadium. You will be able to buy them at other outlets such as Falmer Railway Station, but you will not be able to purchase them at the ground.

Not that I can see?

Attachments

• BHAFC Falmer Stadium Approval Letter (070724).doc
    285.5 KB · Views: 49

Really? All I've heard about is paperless tickets, and phoning and ordering then collecting tickets from the station and other things that people will not be bothered with. Todays folk are incredibly lazy and until you can walk up to a turnstile, hand over cash and stroll in, thousands won't be bothered.

Interestingly (for me, anyway), I was standing at a bus stop in central Brighton this afternoon. After a pleasant chat with young Mr Mendoza, I took to musing about an issue that had pre-occupied me for twenty-odd years of my career as a public transport planner.

Way back in the 1980s, all us professionals said that the way for bus ticketing to develop was to eliminate cash transactions on the vehicle. This would cut queuing times, speed up travel and make it much more attractive to use public transport. More people would then want to use buses.

"Oh no, it can't be done" was the gloomy prognostication of many. "People WANT to be able to turn up and just pay cash for their ticket".

This afternoon, outside Marks and Spencers, I counted 25 people boarding the number 12 bus to Newhaven and Eastbourne. Precisely TWO passengers bought a ticket. Everyone else had a quick and easy CASHLESS encounter with the bus driver. The bus was loaded very quickly - exactly as, back in the eighties, we only dreamt might be possible.

And bus ridership in Brighton has increased by 30 per cent in the last five years.

Cashless ticketing at a modern football stadium IS the way to go.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
This is a HUGE project as with any project of this scale there are going to be pitfalls and problems along the way. I will be amazed if it is delivered on time and there are numerous hurdles to overcome.

It might get built on time it might not but not going to lose any sleep over it (after all waited long enough). Seems a lot of people can't wait for the first problem or delay so they can use it to fulfill there own personal agenda against Perry & Knight.

These are exiting times why not just enjoy it!

Yep, piece of piss. I'll explain all that to any mates that decide they fancy going at 12.00 o clock on Saturday morning.

About 18 months ago I managed to get to see Atletico Madrid -v- Sevilla at short notice without any trouble. And they have a cashless book-in-advance ticketing system.

Most people pick up their tickets from ATMs that are located all over the city (which is, of course, how most of us get hold of the ten pound notes that Timbo thinks are VITAL to the match admission process).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports