Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fpc Backing Down!!! Letter Attached!!!

Before I read this I was almost quite sympathetic to their cause and their defence of their environment.......

But having read this diatribe , No I'm sorry they are W@@@nkers of the highest order and this proves it.

To blame the decision as purely a party political one is quite disgraceful. "But when you come up against the politicians......" All the politicians have acted within the law. Indeed had they not done so we would not have had to go the third enquiry.

"he curried favour with BHA fans to shore up his Brighton MPs" As if BHA fans controlled the electoral process in the city!!!!!!!!

"It does make you wonder whether all our efforts have been pointless". Yes, because your arguments gainst the location did not stack up and in the end were no more than NIMBY knee jerk reactions without a semblance of evidence or a shred of fact to back them up.

I am almost speechless with indignation.

F@@K ' EM I say

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
pleaes can someone post the letter as i can't download it on this silly computer.
56759.jpg

56760.jpg

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
In support of Peter (the farmer) I have met him, and he knows who I am, and whilst firmly expressing his viewpoint was polite and very pleasant. His business will be impacted severely. (The only person who will be!)

His farm shop is really very good and supports and sells quality local produce. When we all go up to Falmer over the next week or so, drop in and buy something, do your shopping there.

To really win we need to show this guy that as the stadium arises, and more people move in to the site we can boost his trade and actually be a beneficial neighbour.

This is however the Albion, and there is always something around the corner, celebrations on hold until the fourth, though its looking very good.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/6947940.stm

Two key groups opposed to the building of Brighton and Hove Albion's new stadium at Falmer have said they will not issue any further legal challenges.
Falmer Parish Council and the South Downs Society said they could not fight on as it was clear the government was determined the stadium should go ahead.

Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government Hazel Blears gave the project planning approval last month.

The other main opponent, Lewes District Council, has already admitted defeat.

The planning application for the 22,000-seater stadium on land north of Village Way, in Falmer, was submitted to Brighton and Hove City Council in 2001.

The government is determined to ... allow this huge concrete carbuncle to be built on virgin downland

John Songhurst

The proposals went through two public inquiries and a High Court challenge over the next six years.

"We have fought long and hard to protect this irreplaceable corner of our beautiful South Downs," said South Downs Society chairman John Songhurst.

"It is clear the government is determined to ride roughshod over its own policies on protecting the countryside to allow this huge concrete carbuncle to be built on virgin downland."

The parish council said the stadium was a tragedy for Falmer.

But it said the decision not to challenge it had been made after taking legal advice and because it did not have an inexhaustible supply of money.

The South Downs Society said it would keep a close eye on the stadium site.

"The developers have been instructed to fulfil certain conditions and the society will ensure these are met," said director Jacquetta Fewster.

The official deadline for objections to the stadium approval is 3 September.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
In support of Peter (the farmer) I have met him, and he knows who I am, and whilst firmly expressing his viewpoint was polite and very pleasant. His business will be impacted severely. (The only person who will be!)

His farm shop is really very good and supports and sells quality local produce. When we all go up to Falmer over the next week or so, drop in and buy something, do your shopping there.

To really win we need to show this guy that as the stadium arises, and more people move in to the site we can boost his trade and actually be a beneficial neighbour.

This is however the Albion, and there is always something around the corner, celebrations on hold until the fourth, though its looking very good.

:thumbsup: Spot on.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

Totally with you there mate :thumbsup:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Im sorry but HOW is ihis business going to suffer. More people, more business! The only reason his business will suffer is through people's hatred of him opposing the stadium in the first place.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
"There may as well have been a short debate and a decision in the House of Commons."

I wish there f^cking had been. :angry:

Fatboy Stenno

Feb 26, 2007
Haywards Heath
Would it not, in the circumstances, be appropriate to utter the words "Marvellous Scenes" ?!?!

Does anyone on NSC own a JCB or something similar, which they could discreetly park outside the Swan tonight?

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005

he sells oranges. hardly local or do you include brighton fruit markrt as local.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
As a reward for seeing sense, we should invite Melanie Cutress to parade around the running track, before Saturday's game, wearing the new club bikini. I bet she's been dying to show off her curves.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
As a reward for seeing sense, we should invite Melanie Cutress to parade around the running track, before Saturday's game, wearing the new club bikini. I bet she's been dying to show off her curves.

Great idea, I'll bring the tomatoes

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
For those who dont want to read the whole letter, basically translated it says;-

We Falmer Parish Council (aka inbreeds acting together) have found out we would have to spend our own money, instead of taxpayers, on an appeal, and we do not have the bollocks to do this (apart from Mavis the organ player).

We will go away and be bitter in our own pathetic way, or commit mass suicide. A vote will take place next week.

Me for one, still plans to shit in the pond as my way of saying think you for f***ing us over for the past 4 years............WANKERS:angel::angel::angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here