Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fpc Backing Down!!! Letter Attached!!!

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Just heard the news in Oslo (I'm on tour in Norway)
Brilliant....once we have official confirmation, ie mid Sept, that we have finally won, the pub crawl to end all pub crawls is on....and the Duke of Welly in Shoreham, the Romans
in Southwick and the Evening Star will all be selling ale at 1997 prices...!
Happy Attila

I presume the latter part of this posting is done on the basis that if one starts saying something and repeating it enough times, it is bound to happen.

In which case; can we include the Nelson as well?

"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

Winston Churchill — Harrow School, 29 October 1941.

Typical harrovian retard

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Charge of the Light Brigade - was that Churchill as well, then?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hmmm. A tragedy? Let's see.

Hundreds of innocent people have been killed by suicide bombers in Iraq today. That is a tragedy.

A man in London who tried to stop a group of yobs from chucking rubbish into his sister's car is beaten to death by them. That is a tragedy.

A father and son in Gloucestershire are killed trying to save their local rugby clubhouse from recent floods. That is a tragedy.

A football stadium to be built on a ploughed field next to a dual carriageway, which will be in use for approximately 23 days out of 365 every year?

I appreciate it's an emotive issue for all parties involved, but I'm not sure "tragedy" is remotely appropriate in the circumstances. FFS.

Correct

The sort of people whose idea of a major life struggle is if their marrows do not come up Large or the foxes have nibbled their fences or the local store has run out of Battenburg cake and rich tea biscuits.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
A father and son in Gloucestershire are killed trying to save their local rugby clubhouse from recent floods. That is a tragedy.

How exactly were they going to save a clubhouse from floods? Were they going to lift it up into a nearby tree or something?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How exactly were they going to save a clubhouse from floods? Were they going to lift it up into a nearby tree or something?

They were trying to use a pump and it was believed that they were overcome by the fumes.

I agree with your sentiments, Edna. Tragedy does not even begin to describe the stadium situation. 'Inconvenience' is probably a better word.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Just heard the news in Oslo (I'm on tour in Norway)
Brilliant....once we have official confirmation, ie mid Sept, that we have finally won, the pub crawl to end all pub crawls is on....and the Duke of Welly in Shoreham, the Romans
in Southwick and the Evening Star will all be selling ale at 1997 prices...!
Happy Attila

oohh count me in!

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Well they want to remember Tom Carr who is not longer with them and done so much well here's to all our seagulls who are no longer with us and also done so much over the years - there's a lot more people at our end who lost out seeing their club get the new ground.

To our living seagulls. time to party :dance::dance:

To our angel seagulls - guys this one is for you :cheers::cheers:

:clap2::clap2:

Great call. The Capt. is very happy and drowning himself in whisky an' rum :thumbsup::banana::cheers::goal:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Hmmm. A tragedy? Let's see.

Hundreds of innocent people have been killed by suicide bombers in Iraq today. That is a tragedy.

A man in London who tried to stop a group of yobs from chucking rubbish into his sister's car is beaten to death by them. That is a tragedy.

A football stadium to be built on a ploughed field next to a dual carriageway, which will be in use for approximately 23 days out of 365 every year?

I appreciate it's an emotive issue for all parties involved, but I'm not sure "tragedy" is remotely appropriate in the circumstances. FFS.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here