FOXES in brighton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
You haven't actually thought this through, have you junior?.

We're talking about urban-based foxes, and you bring up the rural community

You've actually brought up a subject no-one was talking about, then sought, in subsequent posts, to contradict yourself so many times, you're in serious danger of agreeing with yourself. Personally, I'd keep this kind of hypocrisy to myself, if I were you.

See post #70

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Too true. And not only is it more effective but it creates a lot of jobs for the rural communities and has a positive knock on effect for a lot of other rural industries. Anyway, @Nibble has just told us that using a bullet is inhumane.

Come on Junior, I know you are a rampaging toff but I know you aren't thick, you know what I meant Using a bullet on a newborn puppy that could be easily helped and has gone on to lead a perfect life is inhumane. If foxes need to be culled, and I question that they do, a gun is the most humane way. It's clear to anyone, including you.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You imply in a previous post that that would be inhumane. I put it to you that is in fact YOU who is confused doesn't know what you are talking about.

Could it not POSSIBLY be that he was saying that shooting a puppy simply because it had a wonky leg, so would be no use chasing foxes, was inhumane, rather than that shooting itself was a problem. Just PERHAPS?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I live in the country and I haven't seen a fox in three years now. I hate foxes - we keep chickens - but I wouldn't hunt them.

You may change your tune if a fox gets one of your chicken's. In fact the lack of foxes in your area could be down to the stirling work being carried out by The East Kent Foxhounds.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You imply in a previous post that that would be inhumane. I put it to you that is in fact YOU who is confused doesn't know what you are talking about.

I'm not sure if it's that you underestimate me or overestimate yourself but your pathetic spin on a perfectly logical post of mine somewhat shows you up for the self aggrandising anus you are. Nice try, but you just ain't that clever son ;-)

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Apologies, i missed it (can we please have notifications turned back on soon?). The answer is because the fox population has grown and continues to grow nationwide. This has meant them having to travel further afield for food as there is more competition, this naturally brings them into urban areas. They breed, the cubs grow up in urban area etc. Much the same thing is happening in America with croc's/alligators and bears.

There isn't 2 different breeds of fox, an urban one and a rural one. The one you see in the street is a rural fox pushed into an urban enviroment to stay alive. People feeding them doesn't help either.

I really don't see the prblem with urban foxes, they might take the odd cat, but I'll bet they take a lot more rats and mice. I also bet they rip open a lot less binbags than cats and seagulls.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Apologies, i missed it (can we please have notifications turned back on soon?). The answer is because the fox population has grown and continues to grow nationwide. This has meant them having to travel further afield for food as there is more competition, this naturally brings them into urban areas. They breed, the cubs grow up in urban area etc. Much the same thing is happening in America with croc's/alligators and bears.

There isn't 2 different breeds of fox, an urban one and a rural one. The one you see in the street is a rural fox pushed into an urban enviroment to stay alive. People feeding them doesn't help either.

I meant the one about how being torn apart by dogs was instantaneous and why the experts think the fox is running?

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
You may change your tune if a fox gets one of your chicken's. In fact the lack of foxes in your area could be down to the stirling work being carried out by The East Kent Foxhounds.

Are you admitting here, on an open forum, that the East Kent hunt is still hunting foxes in direct violation of the law?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I meant the one about how being torn apart by dogs was instantaneous and why the experts think the fox is running?

They love running. Its just for fun. They don't even NOTICE the baying pack of hounds. Or if they do, they think its all a big GAME.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Too true. And not only is it more effective but it creates a lot of jobs for the rural communities and has a positive knock on effect for a lot of other rural industries. Anyway, @Nibble has just told us that using a bullet is inhumane.

Without wanting to fall foul of Godwin's law, the Final Solution was pretty effective and created lots of jobs

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
See post #70.

OK, I've looked. What sort of answer is that? It doesn't answer the point; it evades it completely to the point of irrelevance.

How can the rise of the urban fox population be a justification for the resumption of a rural inefficient, barbaric pastime? Or are you really saying that the wholesale slaughter of the rural fox population by destructive, mob-handed means will actually encourage urban-based foxes to move to rural areas?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I'm not sure if it's that you underestimate me or overestimate yourself but your pathetic spin on a perfectly logical post of mine somewhat shows you up for the self aggrandising anus you are. Nice try, but you just ain't that clever son ;-)

I'm far from clever. A combination of being educated at Stringer in the 90's and not really giving a **** about school saw to that. I would have thought my spelling highlights that well enough without the need for you to point it out!

As i said in a previous post, i only deal in facts. I have no interest in making personal comments about yourself so if you choose to continue the ridiculas argument you are putting forward that foxhunting is inhumane, then i'll debate all day long. If you wish to call me an unclever anus, i'll have no choice but to agree with you.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The problem with people like Junior is they like to stomp all over the countryside, doing way more harm than good, killing what they wish, when they wish for fun and to turn a profit and dress it up as land management. It's just old fashioned elitism and irresponsibility. People like Junior may pull the "you don't know what you are talking about" card but I own land and manage it in harmony with the flora, fauna and geology that was around millions of years before ore I signed a deed and will be here long after I'm gone. Foxhunters have no understanding of nature or land management I'm afraid and their methods are at best outdated, at worst very harmful to our countryside.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm far from clever. A combination of being educated at Stringer in the 90's and not really giving a **** about school saw to that. I would have thought my spelling highlights that well enough without the need for you to point it out!

As i said in a previous post, i only deal in facts. I have no interest in making personal comments about yourself so if you choose to continue the ridiculas argument you are putting forward that foxhunting is inhumane, then i'll debate all day long. If you wish to call me an unclever anus, i'll have no choice but to agree with you.

What's the point. We all know your "facts" are justifications for your barbarism. Anyway, the country spoke years ago, you lost and your hobby has been solidly branded inhmane and banned. You cannot really refute it.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I really don't see the prblem with urban foxes, they might take the odd cat, but I'll bet they take a lot more rats and mice. I also bet they rip open a lot less binbags than cats and seagulls.

I'd be interested to know about the rats and mice thing, although i very much doubt your comments on bin bags. I'd hazard a guess that foxes get just as many black bags open as the Seagulls.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I'd be interested to know about the rats and mice thing, although i very much doubt your comments on bin bags. I'd hazard a guess that foxes get just as many black bags open as the Seagulls.

That's probably because you live in the country rather than the city. When I lived in Steine Street, virtually every morning I'd see seagulls attacking bags. It was constant, never caught a fox doing it. When I lived further inland, in Roundhill Street (about halfway up Ditchling Road), same story, there were fixes around there, I saw them often, but never ripping open bags. Cats and gulls, yes, saw them ripping over bags regularly. I know foxes DO rip open the bags, but nowhere near as much. Foxes are naturally hunters more than scavengers, they will scavenge, but they prefer fresh meat.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Are you admitting here, on an open forum, that the East Kent hunt is still hunting foxes in direct violation of the law?

I'm sure that The East Kent Foxhounds hunt within the law as do all hunts as far as i am aware.

What's the point. We all know your "facts" are justifications for your barbarism. Anyway, the country spoke years ago, you lost and your hobby has been solidly branded inhmane and banned. You cannot really refute it.

As i said earlier, those that think it inhumane are usually those without the correct facts. I simply wish to furnish them with the correct facts and give them the opportunity to change their minds should they so wish to. If they don't, I loose no sleep over it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports