Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FOXES in brighton

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
"Hunting is the natural and most humane way of controlling the population of all four quarry species". That is the view published by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons in 2004 and supported by over 560 members of that establishment. There was also a report published entitled "A Veterinary Opinion on Hunting with Hounds", although i wouldn't know where you could find a copy of this.

Hopefully that finally ends that 'humane' argument once and for all.

Nope. I question anyone's opinion that stands to profit from Fox hunting. Fail. Anyway, someone who is of the mindset that it's okay to hunt animals for a hobby is unlikely to understand the arguments against so I'll leave you to your ignorant bliss.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Nope. I question anyone's opinion that stands to profit from Fox hunting. Fail. Anyway, someone who is of the mindset that it's okay to hunt animals for a hobby is unlikely to understand the arguments against so I'll leave you to your ignorant bliss.

Thank you. I appreciate that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
"Hunting is the natural and most humane way of controlling the population of all four quarry species". That is the view published by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons in 2004 and supported by over 560 members of that establishment. There was also a report published entitled "A Veterinary Opinion on Hunting with Hounds", although i wouldn't know where you could find a copy of this.

Hopefully that finally ends that 'humane' argument once and for all.

No it won't, seeing as that statement is bollocks.

Press Release
BBC Look North misrepresent views of RCVS

5 November 2010

Those watching the interview with shadow secretary of state for environment, food and rural affairs, Mary Creagh, broadcast on BBC Look North yesterday evening (18:30, 4 November), will have heard the presenter wrongly state that it is the opinion of the 'Royal College of Vets that "being killed by hunt dogs is the most humane way to kill foxes".

The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) has no position regarding fox hunting or the most humane way of killing foxes, and the position attributed by presenter Peter Levy to the 'Royal College of Vets' is not representative of any position held by the RCVS.

The RCVS is the regulatory body for veterinary surgeons in the UK. The role of the RCVS is to safeguard the health and welfare of animals committed to veterinary care through the regulation of the education, and ethical and clinical standards of veterinary surgeons and nurses, thereby protecting the interests of those dependent on animals, and assuring public health. It also acts as an impartial source of informed opinion on relevant veterinary matters. As such it would not be within the remit of the RCVS to hold a formal position on an issue such as the hunting of foxes with hounds.

The RCVS has been in contact with the Editor of Look North and as a consequence a formal retraction will be broadcast this evening, 5 November.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I claim to know feck all about the culling of foxes. When I was a kid I used to go shooting with My Dad and he used to shoot on farms shooting rabbits and pigeons to stop them eating the farmers crops. BTW I couldn't soot anything I was a big Jessie., but he was never asked to shoot foxes ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
No it won't, seeing as that statement is bollocks.

Press Release
BBC Look North misrepresent views of RCVS

5 November 2010

Those watching the interview with shadow secretary of state for environment, food and rural affairs, Mary Creagh, broadcast on BBC Look North yesterday evening (18:30, 4 November), will have heard the presenter wrongly state that it is the opinion of the 'Royal College of Vets that "being killed by hunt dogs is the most humane way to kill foxes".

The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) has no position regarding fox hunting or the most humane way of killing foxes, and the position attributed by presenter Peter Levy to the 'Royal College of Vets' is not representative of any position held by the RCVS.

The RCVS is the regulatory body for veterinary surgeons in the UK. The role of the RCVS is to safeguard the health and welfare of animals committed to veterinary care through the regulation of the education, and ethical and clinical standards of veterinary surgeons and nurses, thereby protecting the interests of those dependent on animals, and assuring public health. It also acts as an impartial source of informed opinion on relevant veterinary matters. As such it would not be within the remit of the RCVS to hold a formal position on an issue such as the hunting of foxes with hounds.

The RCVS has been in contact with the Editor of Look North and as a consequence a formal retraction will be broadcast this evening, 5 November.

Gutted

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Don't be ridiculous Nibble. We've had this discussion twenty times, and EVERY time junior has put us straight, that actually 46 toffs on expensive horses, crashing round the countryside, chasing 100 hounds, through hedges and over fences, followed by a convoy of Range Rovers full of giggly gals in Jack Wills quilted jackets, is a much more cost effective and efficient way of controlling foxes than one marksman with a high powered rifle and a night sight.

Everytime we have this discussion Juniour fails to convince a single person that foxing hunting is the best way to control foxes or that it is not a barabric blood sport for toffs who have something lacking in their lives.

Still you have to admire his persistence.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Hopefully, and no doubt any stray cats as well. Keep pets indoors when the hunt is running their hounds!

My parent don't go out on their horses when the hunt is about because they are ****ing rude and ride roughshod over countryside and equine etiquette .

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Interesting, I see it differently. Although i don't go round shouting that you're all wrong, i merely offer a counter argument that gives some people the opportunity to change their minds.

I hunted twice a week all through the season. Autumn hunting will be starting soon leading into the season proper in October where i shall again be out every week. This suggests to me that that I didn't 'loose'. Sorry old bean.

You are saying this with no hint of irony?

This thread WAS not about foxhunting just as any other thread that vaguely mentions foxes gets hijacked by you to spout your nonsense facts to justify your horrible hobby.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just seen this, so i thought i may point out something to our resident expert in Fox Hunting who works with animals professionally and does a great deal of work with animal welfare.

Have a look at the number of Foxhound pups your hunt breeds, the average life expectancy of them and the number of hounds in the pack. See a discrepancy ? Maybe you don't know as much about hunts as you think you do, or maybe you're not into animal welfare as much as you claim. (If you need further clues, ask them about cubbing).

I claim to know feck all about the culling of foxes. When I was a kid I used to go shooting with My Dad and he used to shoot on farms shooting rabbits and pigeons to stop them eating the farmers crops. BTW I couldn't soot anything I was a big Jessie., but he was never asked to shoot foxes ?

And the answer to this is fairly obvious. Foxes don't eat Farmers crops, but do prey on the 'vermin' that do (rabbits, pigeons, mice etc)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here