FOXES in brighton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Do you say that to every angler you meet/know?

Classic deflection from someone who derives pleasure from the pointless killing of animals. (i don't know any anglers btw)

You kill for fun, deal with your own conscience before trying to call others out on theirs.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Classic deflection from someone who derives pleasure from the pointless killing of animals. (i don't know any anglers btw)

You kill for fun, deal with your own conscience before trying to call others out on theirs.

It's not really something i need to 'deal' with. I enjoy fox hunting and so do thousands of other people. It is one of my hobbies, along with watching the Albion.

I've never had a go at people for being against fox hunting and i've never made it personal. I do however try to deal in facts and will highlight where i believe people give incorrect facts/information, or have heard incorrect facts or information from other people. I will never tell people their opinions or beliefs are wrong, but i'll give them the correct information that may enable them to change their minds if they so wish.

I'm not 100% about people telling me i kill for fun, as tecnicaly i don't. Although i also understand other people's preconceptions may be that i do. I work with animals professinally and do a great deal of work with animal welfare.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Anybody joining in these hunts should be subjected to the same sort of torture they put the foxes through.

Or be forced to spend their entire lives imprisoned inside, like you do to your cats.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It's not really something i need to 'deal' with. I enjoy fox hunting and so do thousands of other people. It is one of my hobbies, along with watching the Albion.

I've never had a go at people for being against fox hunting and i've never made it personal. I do however try to deal in facts and will highlight where i believe people give incorrect facts/information, or have heard incorrect facts or information from other people. I will never tell people their opinions or beliefs are wrong, but i'll give them the correct information that may enable them to change their minds if they so wish.

I'm not 100% about people telling me i kill for fun, as tecnicaly i don't. Although i also understand other people's preconceptions may be that i do. I work with animals professinally and do a great deal of work with animal welfare.

Seeing as you seem to enjoy I suggest you do kill for fun and you are uncomfortable with that being pointed out. I couldn't care less about how you try and dress it up. Your 'hobby' kills animals. The only fact I am concerned with is that you get on a horse and hope to successfully pursue a wild animal and have it killed at the end of the chase. Spare me the I love animals crap when your entire hobby is based on the exploitation of them for your own pleasure.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Seeing as you seem to enjoy I suggest you do kill for fun and you are uncomfortable with that being pointed out. I couldn't care less about how you try and dress it up. Your 'hobby' kills animals. The only fact I am concerned with is that you get on a horse and hope to successfully pursue a wild animal and have it killed at the end of the chase. Spare me the I love animals crap when your entire hobby is based on the exploitation of them for your own pleasure.

There is not much in there that is factually in-correct and as i said in a previous post, my aim is not to try and get everybody to agree with me but purely to give people correct facts as there is a lot of ill-truths banded around to do with hunting.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
There is not much in there that is factually in-correct and as i said in a previous post, my aim is not to try and get everybody to agree with me but purely to give people correct facts as there is a lot of ill-truths banded around to do with hunting.

Why haven't you responded to my question about 'facts'?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

Yeah, and then kill a bunch of them come Sunday morning! May as well just let the ones you save in the week pass away, and save yourself the bother of hunting on Sundays.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Why haven't you responded to my question about 'facts'?

Apologies, i missed it (can we please have notifications turned back on soon?). The answer is because the fox population has grown and continues to grow nationwide. This has meant them having to travel further afield for food as there is more competition, this naturally brings them into urban areas. They breed, the cubs grow up in urban area etc. Much the same thing is happening in America with croc's/alligators and bears.

There isn't 2 different breeds of fox, an urban one and a rural one. The one you see in the street is a rural fox pushed into an urban enviroment to stay alive. People feeding them doesn't help either.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Yeah, and then kill a bunch of them come Sunday morning! May as well just let the ones you save in the week pass away, and save yourself the bother of hunting on Sundays.

Sorry, i'll clarify. I don't do animal welfare with foxes. The majority is with dogs. Foxes are vermin and need controlling.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I rescued a Beagle from the hands of these cruel fox hunters. It had a dodgy back leg when born, so the hunters= rather than take it to the vets or offer it up for someone who really has animal welfare in mind to look after, decided it would be humane to put a bullet through it's skull. Money, that's what fox hunters care about. Animal welfare? Do me a favour.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Apologies, i missed it (can we please have notifications turned back on soon?). The answer is because the fox population has grown and continues to grow nationwide. This has meant them having to travel further afield for food as there is more competition, this naturally brings them into urban areas. They breed, the cubs grow up in urban area etc. Much the same thing is happening in America with croc's/alligators and bears.

There isn't 2 different breeds of fox, an urban one and a rural one. The one you see in the street is a rural fox pushed into an urban enviroment to stay alive. People feeding them doesn't help either.

Shoot them then.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Shoot them then.

Don't be ridiculous Nibble. We've had this discussion twenty times, and EVERY time junior has put us straight, that actually 46 toffs on expensive horses, crashing round the countryside, chasing 100 hounds, through hedges and over fences, followed by a convoy of Range Rovers full of giggly gals in Jack Wills quilted jackets, is a much more cost effective and efficient way of controlling foxes than one marksman with a high powered rifle and a night sight.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Don't be ridiculous Nibble. We've had this discussion twenty times, and EVERY time junior has put us straight, that actually 46 toffs on expensive horses, crashing round the countryside, chasing 100 hounds, through hedges and over fences, followed by a convoy of giggly gals in Jack Wills quilted jackets, is a much more cost effective and efficient way of controlling foxes than one marksman with a high powered rifle and a night sight.

Too true. And not only is it more effective but it creates a lot of jobs for the rural communities and has a positive knock on effect for a lot of other rural industries. Anyway, @Nibble has just told us that using a bullet is inhumane.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A classic example of why the ban on fox hunting should be overturned. Autumn hunting will beggin soon, can i urge everybody to support their local hunt. Foxes are vermin and do untold damage to the rural community and it seems from this post and my own experience, they are getting more and more common in towns.

You haven't actually thought this through, have you junior?.

We're talking about urban-based foxes, and you bring up the rural community, and a repugnant exclusive pastime, so no it's not a 'classic example of why the ban on fox hunting should be overturned...' It's actually irrelevant to the original point being made.

You've actually brought up a subject no-one was talking about, then sought, in subsequent posts, to contradict yourself so many times, you're in serious danger of agreeing with yourself. Personally, I'd keep this kind of hypocrisy to myself, if I were you.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You're quite right.

The rise of foxes in Urban areas is in direct relation to the increasing amount of food we waste daily.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I live in the country and I haven't seen a fox in three years now. I hate foxes - we keep chickens - but I wouldn't hunt them. Our chickens are pretty vicious to smaller animals - and to each other. The animal kingdom is a very violent place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports